NCAA Football 08 (PlayStation3)
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding
- BCS National Championship: Become the number one ranked college football team.
- Big East Championship: Have the most Big East conference wins
- Gator Bowl Trophy: Win the Gator Bowl.
- Orange Bowl Trophy: Win the Orange Bowl.
- Sugar Bowl Trophy: Win the Sugar Bowl.
- Heisman Memorial Trophy: Become the most outstanding college player in the United States.
- Maxwell Award: Become the college player of the year.
- Davey O' Brien Award: Become the best quarter back.
- Doak Walker Running Back Award: Become the nation's number one running back on the field, in the classroom, and in the community.
- Receiver Of The Year: Become the number one wide receiver.
- Tight End Of The Year: Become the number one tight end.
- Back-To-Back National Champs: Win two consecutive national championships.
- Three-In-A-Row National Champs: Win three consecutive national championships.
Unlock the indicated trophy by winning with the correspondingteam.
- Administaff Bayou Bucket: Houston vs. Rice
- Anniversary Award: Bowling Green vs. Kent State
- Apple Cup: Washington vs. Washington State
- Backyard Bowl: West Virginia vs. Pittsburgh
- Battle For Illibuck: Ohio State vs. Indiana
- Battle For The Bell: Tulane vs. Southern Miss
- Battle For The Land Grant: Michigan State vs. Penn State
- Battle Of I-10: UTEP vs. New Mexico State
- Battle Of I-25: New Mexico State vs. New Mexico
- Battle Of I-75: Bowling Green vs. Toledo
- Battle Of The Megaphone: Michigan State vs. Notre Dame
- Bedlam Game: Oklahoma State vs. Oklahoma
- Beehive Bell: Utah vs. Utah State
- Beehive Boot: Utah State vs. BYU or Utah
- Big Game: Cal vs. Stanford
- Black And Blue Bowl: Southern Miss vs. Memphis
- Black Diamond Trophy: West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech
- Border War: Colorado State vs. Wyoming
- Civil War: Oregon State vs. Oregon
- Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate: Georgia vs. Georgia Tech
- Commander In Chief Trophy: Air Force vs. Navy or Army
- Common Wealth Cup: Virginia Tech vs. Virginia
- Cy-Hawk Trophy: Iowa State vs. Iowa
- Deep South's Oldest Rivalry: Auburn vs. Georgia
- Egg Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Mississippi
- Florida-Georgia Game: Florida vs. Georgia
- Floyd Of Rose Dale: Minnesota vs. Iowa
- Fremont Cannon: UNKV vs. Nevada
- Golden Boot: Arkansas vs. LSU
- Governer's Victory Bell: Penn State vs. Minnesota
- Governors Cup: Florida vs. Florida State
- Governor's Cup: Louisville vs. Kentucky
- Holy War: BYU vs. Utah
- Ireland Trophy: Boston College vs. Notre Dame
- Iron Bowl: Alabama vs. Auburn
- Iron Skillet: TCU vs. SMU
- Jefferson-Eppes Trophy: Florida State vs. Virginia
- Jeweles Shillelagh: USC vs. Notre Dame
- Keg Of Nails: Cincinnati vs. Miami University
- Legends Trophy: Stanford vs. Notre Dame
- Lone Star Showdown: Texas A&M vs. Texas
- Mayers Cup: SMV vs. Rice
- Missouri-Nebraska Bell: Nebraska vs. Missouri
- Old Oaken Bucket: Purdue vs. Indiana
- Palmetto State: Clemson vs. South Carolina
- Paul Bunyan Trophy: Michigan vs. Michigan State
- Paul Bunyan's Axe: Wisconsin vs. Minnesota
- Peace Pipe: Western Michigan vs. Miami University
- Purdue Cannon: Purdue vs. Illinois
- Ram-Falcon Trophy: Colorado State vs. Air Force
- Red River Rivalry: Texas vs. Oklahoma
- Rocky Mountain Showdown: Colorado vs. Colorado State
- Seminole War Canoe: Florida vs. Miami
- Shillelagh Trophy: Purdue vs. Notre Dame
- Shwartzwaler Trophy: West Virginia vs. Syracuse
- Sweet Sioux Tomahawk: Northwestern vs. Illinois
- Telephone Trophy: Missouri vs. Iowa State
- Textile Bowl: Clemson vs. NC State
- The Big Game: Arizona vs. Arizona State
- The Little Brown Jug: Michigan vs. Minnesota
- Third Saturday In October: Alabama vs. Tennessee
- Tigers Rag: Tulane vs. Lsu
- Victory Bell: Cincinnati vs. Miami University
- Victory Bell: Duke vs. North Carolina
- Victory Bell: USC vs. UCLA
- Wagon Wheel: Akron vs. Kent State
- Williams Trophy: Tulsa vs. Rice
Hook and Lateral play
The Hook and Lateral Play is in Boise State's playbook
under the "Hail Mary" section. It is labeled as "Circus".
Statue of Liberty play
The only way you can use this play is by using Boise State's offensive playbook. It is found in the "ACE Bunch" formation and is labeled as "Statue".
Getting into the "Wild Hog" formation
Choose Arkansas or the Arkansas playbook. Go to formation "Wildcat" and choose the "HB QB sub". This will be how Arkansas goes into the "Wild Hog" formation.
Best time to use hurdle
Typically when you go against your rival, a tackler
will try and go for your legs. About 50% of the time you are running
with the ball against a rival, hurdle.
Dynasty mode: Easy wins
Go to the settings and change the quarter lengths to overtime. During the game if you win the coin toss choose to play defense. When on offense, when you score a touchdown always go for a two point attempt (unless you only need to kick a field goal to win).
In any mode that is one player, set the quarter length to overtime. Choose the team you want to lose. If you win the coin toss, select offense then choose a running play. Any HB Toss works most of the time. Run backwards to the opposite endzone and collect a safety (2 points). Your team will win 2-0 every time without having to play defense. If you do not want to collect losses to your profile record, select none on the profile selection screen just before you start the game.
Go to "Game Features" and select FBS or FCS roster. Choose any team and edit the offense. Edit their QB, RB, FB, WR, and TE positions down to 40. This makes the team you select more likely to defeat the team you changed.
Use the following trick to win the national championship easily. When selecting your schedule in Dynasty mode, choose as many ranked teams as possible. Once you are in the top 25, make any team ranked higher than you lose until you reach # 1.
Dynasty mode: Better trophies
When creating your schedule, make sure to add as much ranked teams as possible. Try and go against the #1, #2, or #3ranked team the most.
Dynasty mode: Faster trophies
Select a highly ranked team with good ratings (for example, USC or Michigan) and enter Dynasty mode. Simulate to the end of the season and simulate all bowl games. You should earn two to four trophies depending on how well your team did. Then, save your profile, but not your dynasty. Exit the Dynasty mode and repeat as many times as desired.
flewf titneru oslm
Dynasty mode: Making a better team
Take control of eight teams at one time. You can try doing this with the entire Ivy League, but it is more difficult. Mid-major conferences work best, such as teams like Akron, Toledo, Idaho, etc. During pre-season recruiting, scout only five- and four-star recruits. Have each of the eight teams scout the exact same fifteen players. Because a scout can only have a list of eight possible choices, he will have to choose one of your schools. You will soon have five-star prospects signing with teams like New Mexico State or Idaho rather than Virginia Tech, USC, or Texas. However, this trick only works during in-season recruiting, but if you do this for a few years your team will be considerably better.
Dynasty mode: Drafting prospects
When you first start the season, create a prospect and make sure to make his home state where your team is located. Then, talk to him on the phone about where he lives and the college being close. Most of the time, you will get a high ranking for that action.
During preseason in Dynasty mode, create a prospect that plays as a kicker or punter no matter what position you want to create. Make their hometown close to your campus. Customize the player to be as good at another position as desired, but set their kick power and kick accuracy to 0. They will be in the prospect database as a one star recruit and will not usually even be offered a scholarship by other schools. Offer them a scholarship and they will usually commit immediately. For example, if you make a one star kicker that no team wants he will be ranked 99 as a QB.
This trick takes a long time but it works. Begin a new dynasty. Before the first game of the season, pick your best 35 recruits whether they are the most interested or highest caliber. After you have added the recruits, but before you play the first game, make sure that you save your dynasty. Start at the top of your recruiting board with the first recruit and begin trying to unlock different pitches. Spend as much time as desired on any recruit. When you run out of time simply go back and reload the dynasty from the "Dynasty Setup" menu. Each time you unlock a pitch in the "Very High" or "Most" category, write it down. After you have worked the full list, which can take awhile, go back to your dynasty and load it from the beginning. You now have a full list of correct pitches to make to your recruits. Note: Each recruit will only have one "Most" pitch and two "Very High" pitches. Always try to sway any pitch that is "High" to the "Very High" setting.
Easy trophies for showcase
Go to the "Play Now" screen and select two
teams that can play for a rivalry trophy (for example, Iowa State
and Iowa). Then, go to the stadium and weather options and change
the quarter length to one minute. Play the game but do not switch
teams in the middle or you will not get the trophy added.
To make the endzones hidden, start a Play Now mode
match. When you reach the field selection screen, set the game
length to fifteen minutes, make the weather overcast cloudy, precipitation
high, and temperature -20 degrees. If done correctly, in the upper
corner should be a picture of a cloud with heavy snow. Start the
game and by the second quarter there will be so much snow that
the endzone lines and all other white lines will be gone.
Jumping the field
When you are about five yards from the opponent's end
zone, select a HB Dive as a play. As soon as the HB gets the ball,
tap Square. You should now dive over the defenders and
get a TD.
Campus Legend mode: Max stats
Create a character with maximum stats. Then, start
a new Campus Legend mode. Instead of starting from scratch in
high school, load your created character.
Campus Legend mode: Boost GPA
A great way to boost your GPA is doing extra studying. Some events like this are finishing a project in the library (+.4 GPA), fixing your computer for homework (+.2 GPA), or just studying
when you have free time (+.1 GPA)
Campus legend: Exporting senior to Madden 08
When you begin your senior season and already have legend status, you will get the option of staying for your senior year or exporting your legend to Madden 08. Stay for your senior year and at the end you will still be able to export you legend, even after your senior year.
Seminole War Canoe missing from shrine
Play and win the game between Florida and Miami to
get the Seminole War Canoe. It appears under Rivalry in the "Trophy
View" menu, but it is nowhere to be found in your shrine.
Telephone trophy has wrong colors and team
Win the game between Missouri and Iowa State to unlock
the Telephone trophy. Go to your shrine and open the trophy menu.
Press X on the Telephone trophy to view it up close. Turn
the trophy around to see the back. Look up at the telephone at
the top of the trophy. Instead of Missouri and their colors on
the back of the telephone, it is Michigan's name and colors.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs