Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill
Add to this page!
Aunt Eloise's house: Clues
You will start at the front hall of Aunt Eloise's house. Look at the small table below the mirror for a close-up view. Examine the letter from Eloise. She says that she has closed the library early, and has left the key in the safe. Return to normal view, then search the right hand drawer of the small table. Take the phone card, close the drawer, and return to normal view. Turn to the left and go in the living room. Turn to the left of the second couch and search the stack of books on the marble-topped stool. Click on the books. One of the books opens to reveal pictures and descriptions of assorted flowers. Notice that the beginning of each word has a letter highlighted, spelling "MITCH". Continue looking left around the room to the large cabinet. Select a book from the shelf on the right. Aunt Eloise has hidden a key and her passport in a hollowed out book. Take the key into your inventory and return to normal view. Turn left and examine the end table topped with a lamp. Open the drawer. Take the television remote control. Examine the letter. It is an invitation to a sorority 25th reunion. Make note of the Greek symbols on the top of the letter (Sigma, Phi, Kappa, Delta). Close the drawer and return to normal view. Turn to the right. Use the key found in the book to open the locked chest. It springs open to reveal linens and a small assortment of articles on the right side of the box.Take the quarter. Close the chest. Return to normal view, then exit the living room and return to the front hall. Turn to the left and examine the tapestry. Click on it to slide it across to reveal a safe. Examine the safe combination keypad. Enter the Greek letters from the order printed on the sorority invitation. After the safe is open, take the silver key hanging on a hook on the safe door. Examine the flower box for another clue.
Boiler room: Lever puzzle
After cutting off the chain with the bolt cutters, click the left lever twice, the right lever once, then once more on the left lever. The steam will escape, and you will avert the danger.
Maxine's Diner: Clue
When examining the menu or the Jukebox, note the highlighted letters and what they spell.
- Whenever you find a phone number in the game, try calling it. For example, the number in the "Save The Manatees" book in the library, the torn note for the pharmacy in the school halls, Tony's pizza by the phones, the judo club near the gym, the detective's number in Jake's locker (the newspaper) , the number on the matchbook in the boiler room (after you are locked in), and Maxine's Diner number on the same matchbook and containers (after locked in).
- Try calling one of the following numbers for some funny responses.
arga ycidam, lnhwotbe ifgdw
- The number on Eloise's card (555-1204)
- The police tip line from the article in Jake's locker (555-4855).
- The drug store (555-3784)
- Tony's pizza (number on sign by phone, 555-TONY).
- The Judo club (555-5836).
- The Save The Manaties Club (number in book at library)
- Maxine's Diner (number on matchbook in boiler room after sabotage).
On almost every bulletin board in the school are pieces of paper stuck with pushpins that have messages that do not make any sense. Take a real mirror and hold it up to the paper displayed
on screen. Also, in the library there are some books and charts with secret codes. One is "Don't run Nancy" and another is "The bolt cutter you must take!".
Created by Fancyjake.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs