New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Guide mode
Intentionally fail a level eight times. You will now be able to hit a green "Super Guide" block marked with a "!" in the level. This sets the game on auto-pilot and Luigi will automatically complete the level for you. Note: This is not available in World 9.
ucts vsaipc iwymcugi
Title screen stars
Complete one of the indicated tasks to unlock a star at the title screen.
- Successfully complete the game.
- Successfully complete all normal levels.
- Collect all 207 Star Coins in Worlds 1 through 8.
- Complete World 9 with all 24 Star Coins.
- Complete all levels with all alternate paths (all Warp Cannons and Mushroom Houses used).
- Additionally, successfully complete all levels without unlocking the Super Guide Block (do not die eight times) to unlock sparkling stars.
Collect all three Star Coins on a level to the Hint Movie for that particular level.
Get 99 lives and Mario will no longer wear his hat. If you complete a level with 99 lives, Mario will not be wearing a hat at the map screen or the next level. He will wear a hat again if his lives drop below 99.
Successfully complete the game to unlock World 9. The levels in World 9 are only available if all Star Coins are collected in the previous Worlds.
- Level 9-1: Collect all Star Coins in World 1.
- Level 9-2: Collect all Star Coins in World 2.
- Level 9-3: Collect all Star Coins in World 3.
- Level 9-4: Collect all Star Coins in World 4.
- Level 9-5: Collect all Star Coins in World 5.
- Level 9-6: Collect all Star Coins in World 6.
- Level 9-7: Collect all Star Coins in World 7.
- Level 9-8: Collect all Star Coins in World 8.
- Select a level with a white Toad marker. Listen for Toad when the level starts then break the "?" block that he is inside to free him. Reach the end of the level to make a mushroom house appear. The following types of mushroom house with a mini-game or reward will appear, depending on the last number of the timer when you collect the flag to end the level.
- Green house with 1-Up Cannon mini-game: Last number of the timer is 0, 1, or 2.
- Red house with Match mini-game: Last number of the timer is 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8.
- Gold house with Star reward: Last number of the timer is 9.
- Successfully complete the game to have all Mushroom Houses in Worlds 1 through 8 reappear.
- To have Mushroom Houses to appear in multi-player mode, complete the level with the last two numbers of the timer have the same digit, except for zero. The original Super Mario Bros. level completion music and fireworks will confirm that it has worked.
- Gold Mushroom House: Last two numbers of the timer is 99.
- Green Mushroom House: Last two numbers of the timer is 11 or 22.
- Red Mushroom House: Last two numbers of the timer is 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, or 88.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding ending.
- Successfully complete the game with less than 100 Star Coins. The Princess will say "Did I ever tell you about the Secret World?" Alternately, successfully complete the game once.
- Successfully complete the game will all Star Coins from Worlds 1 through 8. The Princess will say, "Oh Mario, tell me about your adventure again!" Alternately, successfully complete the game twice.
Complete the final castle of World 8. A "Save" option will replace the "Quick Save" option, allowing you to save anywhere on the map.
- Go to World 2-3. Just before the flag are some stairs with a turtle moving down. Use a precisely timed jump to continue bouncing on its shell to collect up to 99 lives.
- If you are riding on a Yoshi and jump on the bullets seven or eight times you will get as many extra lives as desired.
- Kill eight enemies with a star on you to get an extra life. You can keep it going until the star runs out if you are fast enough.
- Kill eight enemies with a turtle shell you will get an extra life. You can keep hitting the turtle shell until there are no more enemies if you run fast enough.
- Jump on seven turtles to get an extra life. You can keep jumping on the turtles until there are no more to jump on if you are fast enough.
- Freeze the Pokeies then do a quick Ground Pound to get at least five extra lives.
Stand still, then Spin Jump on a dancing flower to get a coin.
Created by octaneblue.
The following levels have secret exits.
- World 1
- Level 1-3: Leads to a cannon.
- World 2
- Level 2-4: Warp pipe directly to the castle.
- Level 2-6: Leads to a cannon.
- World 3
- Ghost House: Leads to a cannon.
- Level 3-4: Warp to level 3-5 or castle.
- Level 3-5: Star Mushroom House.
- World 4
- Fortress: Leads to a cannon.
- Ghost House: Star Mushroom House.
- World 5
- Ghost House: Leads to a cannon.
- World 6
- Level 6-5: Castle back door.
- Level 6-6: Cannon.
- World 7
- Fortress: Warp to level 7-6.
- Ghost House: Warp to level 7-5.
- World 8
- Level 8-2: Warp to level 8-7.
Avoid random encounters
You can encounter random enemies on the world map, To avoid them, activate a Star from your item menu.
Double Ground Pound
In multi-player mode, have both players time a Ground Pound (press [Jump], Down) to hit the ground simultaneously. This results in a Double Ground Pound that can kill nearby enemies similar to using a POW Block.
Steal teammate's Red Mushroom House turn
In multi-player mode, do a Ground Pound on your teammate to steal their turn in a Red Mushroom House match game.
Dead player sounds
In multi-player mode, when someone runs out of lives during a level they can hold the D-pad in any direction and press 1 and 2 to make sounds such as a cowbell, drums, clapping, and a horn.
When in front of a small item such as a turtle shell, press 1 and shake the Wiimote while picking it up. Holding it over your head will protect you from falling objects.
Super Mario Bros. reference
Complete the first level or any level while rescuing a captured toadstool in single player mode to hear end of level music from Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. references
Reach the goal with a time of 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, or 99 to see from one to nine fireworks.
Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario Galaxy reference
- During the introduction sequence, you can see Bowser Jr. and the other Koopalings leave after kidnapping Princess Peach and taking off in an airship from Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario Galaxy.
- When you enter the airship the background music is the airship song found on Super Mario Galaxy.
Yoshi's Island series reference
- After defeating the Koopa Kids once, Kamek casts a spell to make them tougher for the rematch. In Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS, he also cast spells on those Bosses that made them tougher.
- When fighting Bowser after you press the button, Kemek will cast a spell on Bowser to make him bigger and stronger. This also happens in Yoshi's Island DS.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs