Overlord (Xbox 360)
Add to this page!
Easy soul gathering
- In order to do this you must have fought Dazzler Beetles (found in the blue minion cave), Puff Beetles (Evernight), Magma Beetles (outside of Heavens Peak) and Battler Beetles. After you have fought at least one of each, they will be available at your dungeon. Go to your dungeon and choose to fight one of the four. The easiest way to take out the horde of beetles is to pull only a few from the swarm and take your time killing them individually. Green minions work well due to the fact that they are experts at overwhelming and killing your enemies. Set a marker for them to wait at and they will eventually turn invisible. Pull a few beetles and make them follow you to the marker, where your minions will then jump on them and eventually kill them. Battler Beetles are good for getting Brown souls. Puff Beetles are good for getting Green souls. Magma Beetles give red souls and Dazzler beetles give blue souls. You should get at least 75 souls each time you completely kill all of the beetles that are in the dungeon.
- Use the following trick for fast green minion soul gathering. When you find the green minion hive you will see five green minions jump into the spawning pit for you to take control of. Do not do that. Instead, go to the tower using the gate beside the tree spawn pits to your right, then return to the green minion hive. Five more green minions will jump into the spawn pit and you will still have the ones from before. You can do this as many times as desired, but after you take the hive it will no longer work.
Easy weapons and armor
During the early parts of the game, if you die and have weak minions go to Halfling Homes or the village of Spree. Break all the objects to get new weapons and armor.
Go to the tower dungeon and use the staged fights to earn lifeforce. Use a mix of minions to set ambushes and revive losses. Note: You cannot use spells.
Go to Spree or get just outside of Melvin's Kitchen. Smash some pumpkins and eventually minions without hats will pick up a pumpkin and wear it on their heads.
When there is water in front of you or blocking your
path, only you can walk through it. If your goblin minions go
out of the shallow end of the water they will drown, and can only
be saved by blue goblins. Instead of guiding your goblin minions
across a complex path to keep out of the water (which they usually
fall in anyway and drown), simply walk through the water. Your
minions are smart enough not to follow you and will automatically
seek the easiest path to get back to you. As long as you leave
the Right Analog-stick untouched, they will not enter the
water. Be careful; sometimes your minions cannot get through because
a bridge needs to be activated (for example, Blue Goblin Cave).
Always have blue minions on guard duty by holding RB
and pressing X, Y. While on a guard post, they will
actively run into the combat, grab a fallen peer, and drag their
half conscious form over to you so they can revive their fallen
comrade. However, while not assigned, they will wait for you to
micromanage them over to the body by sweeping, making them almost
useless in a large battle.
Easy "Minion Multitude" achievement
Enter the dungeon with an ultimately imbued Arcanium Sword and Armor. For the sword, do not balance your minion sacrifices in order to get a little bit of everything. Focus on increasing the damage (brown minions) and a small amount of the green minions to do lots of damage with the power blow. For the armor, do not balance out your minion sacrifices to get a little bit of everything. Focus on increasing the defense (brown minions) and a small amount of the green minions to regenerate life slowly. Do not take any minions with you. When you go into the dungeon, approach each group of enemies slowly to face only a few at a time. When your health gets low, run away and regenerate.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
dfsael iilclvp iaiicfe
- Power up the Tower (10 points): Retrieve the Tower Heart to power up the Tower.
- Rebuild the Tower (10 points): Retrieve a Crane to start rebuilding the Tower.
- Obtain a Mistress (20 points): Get yourself a little company and some help spending your money.
- Retrieve the Food (10 points): Retrieve the Food, but will you keep or return it?
- Defeat Melvin (20 points): Puncture a Hero.
- Defeat Oberon (20 points): Put a Hero to sleep. Permanently.
- Defeat Sir William (20 points): Cure a Hero of life.
- Defeat Goldo (20 points): End a Hero's obsession.
- Defeat Jewel (20 points): Steal a Hero.
- Defeat Kahn (20 points): Get angry with a Hero.
- Defeat the Wizard (50 points): Defeat the 7th Hero.
- Full Corruption (50 points): Win with the blackest heart.
- Zero Corruption (50 points): Win with the clearest conscience.
- Red Minions (10 points): Retrieve the Red Hive.
- Green Minions (10 points): Retrieve the Green Hive.
- Blue Minions (10 points): Retrieve the Blue Hive.
- Steel Smelter (10 points): Retrieve a Smelter.
- Durium Smelter (15 points): Retrieve a powerful Smelter.
- Arcanium Smelter (20 points): Retrieve the most Powerful Smelter.
- Ultimate Steel (10 points): Forge an Ultimately Imbued Steel Set.
- Ultimate Durium (20 points): Forge an Ultimately Imbued Durium Set.
- Ultimate Arcanium (40 points): Forge an Ultimately Imbued Arcanium Set.
- Full Durium (10 points): Forge a full Durium set.
- Full Arcanium (20 points): Forge a full Arcanium set.
- Minion Harvester (10 points): Harvest Lifeforce.
- Amass Minions (10 points): Harvest lots of Lifeforce.
- Minion Hoarder (15 points): Harvest a huge amount of Lifeforce.
- Minion Multitude (40 points): Harvest a massive amount of Lifeforce.
- Tower Master (40 points): Collect all the Tower Objects.
- Ultimate Horde (40 points): Get a full Horde, fully equipped.
- Dungeon Dabbler (20 points): Defeat half the Dungeon Creatures.
- Dungeon Overlord (30 points): Defeat all the Dungeon Creatures.
- Mistress Master (40 points): Fulfill your Mistress's wishes.
- Survivor (10 points): Last for 5 minutes in Survival.
- Superior Survivor (20 points): Last for 15 minutes in Survival.
- Ultimate Survivor (30 points): Last for 30 minutes in Survival.
- Compete in Pillage (10 points): Complete a ranked Pillage match.
- Win in Pillage (20 points): Win a ranked Pillage match.
- 10 Wins in Pillage (30 points): Win 10 ranked Pillage matches.
- 50 Wins in Pillage (40 points): Win 50 ranked Pillage matches.
- Compete in Slaughter (10 points): Complete a ranked Slaughter match.
- Win in Slaughter (20 points): Win a ranked Slaughter match.
- 10 Wins in Slaughter (30 points): Win 10 ranked Slaughter matches.
- 50 Wins in Slaughter (40 points): Win 50 ranked Slaughter matches.
Additionally, the following achievements are available with the "Raising Hell Map Pack" bonus downloadable content.
- Legendary Overlord (50 points): Defeat the 7th Hero in Legendary Mode.
- Extended Survivor (20 points): Last for 45 minutes in an Expansion Survival Map.
- Extended Pillager (20 points): Win 25 ranked Expansion Pillage Maps.
- Extended Slayer (20 points): Win 25 ranked Expansion Slaughter matches.
- Dungeon Legend (30 points): Defeat all the Expansion Dungeon Creatures.
- Hell Raider (20 points): Conquer the Mellow Hills Abyss.
- Soulblighter (20 points): Conquer the Evernight Forest Abyss.
- Demon Master (20 points): Conquer the Heavens Peak Abyss.
- Infernal Lord (20 points): Conquer the Golden Halls Abyss.
- Lord of the Abyss (30 points): Conquer the Ruborian Desert Abyss.
Go to Forge and put up to 150 minions into your item.
Pause game play when the sequence of the minions jumping in appears
before any of them jump in. Quit, and when asked to save select
"Yes". Resume the game, and it will have put the minions
in but none will be lost.
Easy Rollie Boss battle
Target-lock onto Rollie and start to circle him while
he prepares attacks. After he attacks you should be able to get
directly behind him while he pauses and circle up to his side.
Stand against the tank treads on his side and start hacking away
at him. He will not move or try to attack you. You can defeat
him in each phase of his battle this way and it requires no minions
to do so.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs