Overlord 2 (PlayStation3)
- Defeat the spider Boss in Everlight Temple. Use the elevator to exit. After you have the Netherworld Gate to this zone unlocked, return to the temple and open the secret room at the top of the stairs by using the Overlord switch. You can collect at least 1,000 gold from the treasure chests inside the secret room. Warp to Nordburg Town gate 3 to reset the temple area. You can also loot the treasure chests next to the Tower Gate. Go back and forth between those two areas to get easy gold.
- Enslave both Nordberg and Everlight for large chests of gold that spawn when the area is reset. Teleport between the two locations to collect from both of them and reset the other area for your return. Each set of chests contains at least 1,000 gold. Note: You must completely dominate a town to get 1,000 gold from the chest spawning sites. All 100 citizens must be enslaved. For each 10 citizens not enslaved, 100 gold will be subtracted.
- After finishing the assault on Empire City, return there to find no troops, several boxes with the highest grade armor and weapons, and over 2,000 gold per visit.
- Note: By the time you get to this area you should have picked up two Forge Stones. Go to Forge and buy the Evil Eye Helmet. This gives you two Lifeforce instead of one for each collected. Go to the area where you need to recover the Green Hive. As you are making your way out with it, you will reach an area with two big opponents that shoot the blue beam gun. One will be roaming up top, and the other stands next to a wheel to open the door next to him. In the same room is a floor plate to release the gnomes behind a cage door. Release the gnomes and use them to help you kill the both of the blue beam gun opponents. After they are dead, return to the gnome cage and open it again. They will keep respawning indefinitely. Try setting yourself near the top of the stairs going down while facing toward the cage. Then, send out your minions. While they are out hunting, set your controller to keep sending out minions. When not killing, they are collecting Lifeforce at double the rate due to the helmet.
- After gaining the green hive, return to Everlight fortress. Get at least ten reds and whatever minions of the other colors desired. Go to the center of the courtyard where you hear the gnomes. Place the reds at the bottom of the stairs facing the gnome's prison, then activate the switch to let them out. The gnomes will run out but will be scared of the reds and move back. About five or six gnomes will run out at a time. Allow the reds to scare them into the corner. After some time when you think there are a reasonable amount of gnomes, send the rest of the horde up there to finish them off quickly. Some might get past you. Either let them go or track them down and end them. You will only receive reds, browns, and green life forces. If done correctly, you should have no problem with dispatching the 1,000 gnomes and will never have to worry about running low on your favorite color minions.
Getting more minions
When you domain minions, left one or more minions in the Minion Tower. By doing this, your minions will automatically spawn into their spawning pit. If you domain all of your minions, the automatic spawning will be disabled.
First Devourer section
Get about 40 reds and 10 blues. Let the blues clean up the place of all the slime and let your reds attack the Devourer. When he leaves, clean up the slime with the blues by dragging them over it.
Second Devourer section
Get 15 browns and attack the soldiers on the right until they are dead. Then let the browns kill the archers. Go to the far left corner from the entrance and kill the remaining archers with your browns. Return to exchange your browns for 40 reds and 10 blues. Put 20 reds (on a banner) on each of the two plateaus and wait until the Devourer leaves for the third part. Then, clean up the slime with the blues.
Last Devourer section
Get 40 reds and 10 blues. Put four groups of ten reds on the following strategic locations (on the balcony in front of the beast; down the stairs on the left side of the beast; behind the beast; on the right side of the beast). Drag around your blues to prevent the spread of the slime. Do this while standing to the right of the stairs. By doing this you can get to Solarius quickly when he is regurgitated by the beast to drain him with your evil presence spell.
Finding more people
There are 100 people in Nordberg and Everlight. In addition to the approximately 50 people wandering through the towns, you can find others by breaking down the doors of the houses.
Easy "Gnome Grinder" achievement or trophy
Xbox 360 After you have collected all of the Tower Heart shards, take it to Queen Fay so she can repair it. After the cinematic, take the Tower Heart to the sanctuary dungeon to power it up with the shrines. After you have charged the Tower Heart at the first shrine, you, your minions, and the Tower Heart will fall. When you find the Tower Heart it will be sitting on top of a gnome hole that spawns an infinite amount of gnomes. Position all your minions next to the hole by using the guard marker. When you have your minions where you want them, remove five minions so that you can move the Tower Heart to a safe location. When you think the Tower Heart is out of you way, put all your minions on top of the gnome hole. The gnomes will die as they jump out of the hole. Walk back to the Netherworld Gate, but do not go into the gate. This will require about twenty minutes. Note: Do not get too close to the gnome hole, because the gnomes will run past your minions and attach themselves to you.
Easy "Perfect Horde" achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360 When dominating towns completely, use the weapons produced by the villagers to maximize the attack power of your horde. Get the maximum horde size of 50 minions and reach maximum attack power to unlock the "Perfect Horde" achievement or trophy .
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation3 trophy rewards.
- 100% Clear (Platinum): Unlock all Trophies available in Overlord II.
- Adversary (Bronze): Kill an opposing Overlord 20 times in one versus match.
- Armed and Dangerous (Bronze): Forge one weapon.
- Big Chopper (Bronze): Achieve 50 melee kills.
- Blue Bringer (Bronze): Find the Blue Minions.
- Blue Steel Look (Bronze): Forged the Elemental helmet and armor.
- Conqueror (Bronze): Win one Dominate map.
- Crystal Collector (Bronze): Collect 50% of all Dark Crystals.
- Dark Emperor (Silver): Kill Solarius.
- Gnome Grinder (Bronze): Kill 1000 Gnomes.
- Green Grabber (Bronze): Find the Green Minions.
- Industrious Magic (Bronze): Achieve 50 kills by overcharging your Evil Presence Spell.
- Kitted Out (Bronze): Forge the Infernal helmet and armor.
- Master Builder (Bronze): Build 50% of the Tower buildables.
- Mayhem Maker (Bronze): Cause mayhem during the Prelude.
- Minion Captain (Bronze): Rescue all the Minion crew from the spider webs.
- Minion Gatherer (Bronze): Gather 250 Lifeforce orbs.
- Minion Harvester (Bronze): Gather 10 Lifeforce orbs.
- Minion Hoarder (Bronze): Gather 1000 Lifeforce orbs.
- Minion Lover (Silver): Gather 5000 Lifeforce orbs.
- New World Order (Silver): Enslave both Nordberg and Everlight.
- Perfect Horde (Silver): Fully upgrade all 50 Minions in your Horde.
- Pillager (Bronze): Win ten Pirate Plunder maps.
- Red Rescuer (Bronze): Find the Red Minions.
- Rescuer of Kelda (Bronze): Rescue Kelda from Nordberg.
- Scrooge (Silver): Collect 50,000 gold.
- Seal Slayer (Bronze): Kill 100 baby seals.
- Slaver (Bronze): Enslave one Town.
- Snatcher (Bronze): Win one Pirate Plunder map.
- The Big D (Bronze): Win ten Dominate maps.
- The Destructor (Silver): Achieve a 100% Destruction Tyranny rating.
- The Dominator (Silver): Achieve a 100% Domination Tyranny rating.
- Town Razer (Bronze): Destroy one Town.
- Tyrant of Nordberg (Bronze): Complete full Tyranny over Nordberg through either Domination or Destruction.
- Tyrant of the Tower (Silver): Build 100% of the Tower buildables.
- Ultimate Collector (Silver): Collect 100% of all Dark Crystals.
- Walking Apocalypse (Silver): Destroy both Nordberg and Everlight.
- Weapons Nut (Bronze): Forge three weapons.
Additionally there are twelve secret trophies.
- Rock On (Bronze): Kill 15 or more enemies with a single Catapult boulder.
- Juno's Champion (Bronze): Rescue Juno from Everlight
- Corruptor of the Queen (Bronze): Corrupt Queen Fay to turn her into Dark Fay.
- Tyrant of Everlight (Bronze): Complete full Tyranny over Everlight through either Domination or Destruction.
- Kelda's Special Friend (Bronze): Buy gifts for Kelda and woo her into becoming your 'special' friend.
- Ghost Fay's Special Friend (Bronze): Buy gifts for Ghost Fay and woo her into becoming your 'special' friend.
- Mount Master (Bronze): Discover and use all Minion Mounts in the game.
- Ghost Bringer (Bronze): Kill Dark Fay to turn her into Ghost Fay.
- Juno's Special friend (Bronze): Buy gifts for Juno and woo her into becoming your 'special' friend.
- Dark Fay's Special Friend (Bronze): Buy gifts for Dark Fay and woo her into becoming your 'special' friend.
- Treasure Hunter (Gold): Obtain all the Tower Objects in the game.
- Ladies Man (Gold): Find a way for you and your three Mistresses to become 'special' friends.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs