Phantasy Star Universe (Xbox 360)
Complete Chapter 4 in Story mode offline to unlock the "Extra Mode" option at the starting menu.
Extra mode cast voices
Successfully complete the game by defeating all forms
of the final Boss to unlock new voice options when creating a
new cast character.
wcvy idlsa es, omgah
Successfully complete the timed missions in a chapter with an "S" rank. You will hear an audio preview of the next chapter when the current chapter ends.
More photon points (multi-weapon)
Go to the shop and buy a lot of the same weapon that
you use. Then, add them all to your palette. Equip all of them
with skills, if desired. This trick does not require multiple
skill items. This saves lots of Meseta because you will not need
to buy Photon Charges. This trick is also very effective for forces
because they will not run out of photons nearly as often.
Extra mode: Easy experience and money
- The more missions you have completed in Story mode, the more that become available in Extra mode. From level 1, you may level up your character to level 10 or so by simply repeating the first mission from the Flyer Base on Parum, "Creature Discomfort". This will also give you a chance to build up a supply of Synthesis items, Star Atomizers, and Scape Dolls if you break open the correct boxes. After reaching level 10, go to the shops on the various planets and look for the best items and discs. If you have already completed the first six missions of Story mode, you will be in good shape. For Rangers, two Blasters, two Compadri, and two Ortotore/Bastara Combinations are recommended. As for the Photon Arts, Ice Elements are recommended, as they are widely effective and Freezing is a useful status, and to switch the elements for your second weapon according to the situation at hand. Continue fighting until you reach level 15, then do the mission from the Parum Flyer Base "Ruler of the Plains" for experience. Have half of your weapons set to Ice and the other half for Grav if you are a Ranger. All Koltovas and Flying enemies here are weak to Ice, and the Vahras are weak to Grav. The De Ragan is also weak to Ice. To take him down easily, Aim for the base of his neck of his head with your weapons. However if you are a Ranger, an Ice-equpped Blaster or Compadri works best. If you get an "S" rank on this mission, you will get 1,500 Meseta, 60 Mission Points, and a De Ragan Room Decoration that sells for 5,000 Meseta. For defeating the De Ragan, you ill receive 1,440 experience points. Because there are twenty five total enemies in the mission each giving about 40 experience points, you will end up with about 2,440 experience each trip. Continue this until you are about level 25. After reaching level 25, upgrade your weapons (either buy new ones or use Grinder C+3s that sell for 1,500 Meseta from the Items shop on them) for extra power. With a C+3, there is no chance of upgrade failure for the first two times. You can safely upgrade all your weapons twice. After this, go back to Parum again. This time go to the Linear Train Platform in the G.R.M. Shop area. Make sure to Photon Charge and Save, then take the Cargo Train Rescue mission. This mission is difficult to get an "S" in, but is also worth it. All enemies are either weak to Ice or have no weakness. Enemies here give more experience points, and if you successfully find all thirty two enemies and finish in under seven minutes, you will get an "S" rank. If you get an "S" rank on this mission, you will get even more Meseta, mission points, and another room decoration item that sells for 5,000 Meseta, as well as an Extra Slot item for an Armor.
- To start, you must be above level 15, have an Ice weapon, and must be able to do above 200 damage. This will be a good thing because most monsters will have 300 to 400 HP. Finish this mission with a time less then 9:30 and kill 82 enemies. Once you get through most of it, there will be a location that you must break open boxes. You must explore and kill anything. Pick up the things they drop, such as money and weapons. Once you get through all that you will face three Tengogh. If you kill them, they will drop about 2,400 to 3,000 Meseta. If you complete the mission with 82 monsters and a time less than 9:30, you will earn a Stag Beetle that sells for 25,000 Meseta. Once you get mostly everything done and sell the Stag Beetle you may end up with 55,000 Meseta.
Save when game is frozen
If your game freezes, do not turn it off. Sign out
of your profile. The game will boot you, and will save your progress.
If you own a USB keyboard, simply plug it in. It is
useable on the Xbox 360 without any extra installation. The keyboard
is only useable for chatting on Phantasy Star Universe.
Show your character face when chatting
Before you type your text enter @0-9 followed
by your text. For example, @1 hello. This will allow your
character's face to pop-up on the screen. If you have a keyboard,
hold [Shift] to yell your text.
Hold [Shift] + [Enter] after typing a
message to enter a message in an exclamation word bubble.
If you do not have a keyboard, open the virtual keyboard and type @s followed by your message. This will produce a chat bubble similar to pressing [Shift] + [Enter] with a keyboard.
Hold [Ctrl] + [Enter] at the same time
after typing a message to enter a message in a thought word bubble.
If you do not have a keyboard, open the virtual keyboard and type @c followed by your message. This will give a chat bubble similar to pressing [Shift] + [Ctrl] with a keyboard.
Hold [Tab] + [Enter] at the same time
after typing a message to enter a message with an expression of
your characters face. Choose the following expressions by pressing
D-pad Left or D-pad Right: Laugh, Smile,
Wry Smile, Surprised, Confused, Disappointed, Deep in Thought,
Sneer, Dissatisfied, and Angry. You can move the face of your
character in the expression in four Directions using D-pad Up or D-pad Down. Note: You can also use a facial expression
and an exclamation message at the same time by holding [Shift]
+ [Tab] + [Enter] or use a face expression and a
thought message at the same time by holding [Ctrl] + [Tab]
Quick party chat without switching to the party-only chat window
Type @# followed by your message. The message will only be sent to members in your party. A temporary chat window displaying your message will appear in the top right corner of your screen.
More attack damage
When attacking, if you carefully time your attacks from one to the next, you will see a gold circle appear around you accompanied with a little zipping tone. You can also time your weapon skill attacks to do this as well. This increases your damage by about 25%, and if the element of your weapon is in opposition to the enemy's element, you can get a damage increase of about 50%. Time your button presses correctly at the end of your swing and you can do a lot more devastating damage.
Never break a weapon
Before you use any of your grinders upgrading your weapons, save the game. Then, go upgrade. If the upgrade works, save the game and repeat. If the upgrade fails, turn off the Xbox 360 or go to the Dashboard. Load the game and try again. You will never break your expensive weapons again.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- De Ragan Slayer (100 points): Defeat the Chapter 3 Boss.
- Onmagoug Slayer (100 points): Defeat the Chapter 5 Boss.
- Adahna Degahna Slayer (100 points): Defeat the Chapter 7 Boss.
- De Ragnus Slayer (100 points): Defeat the Chapter 8 Boss.
- Magas Maggahna Slayer (100 points): Defeat the Chapter 9 Boss.
- Dimmagolus Slayer (100 points): Defeat the Chapter 11 Boss.
- Dulk Fakis Slayer (200 points): Defeat the Chapter 12 Boss.
- Dulk Fakis 2 Slayer (200 points): Defeat the last Boss.
Additionally there is one secret achievement.
- Dark Falz Slayer (60 points): Dark Falz defeated.