Plants vs. Zombies (Android)
Get all the trophies in Mini-Games, Puzzle, and Survival modes.
Complete Adventure mode.
- Get the Zen Garden. Water the plants until they do not need anything else. Advance the system date ahead. The plants will need water again. Buy new plants, grow them to full size, then sell them. Repeat this to earn more money. You can also use this technique when you have to get Marigolds in Crazy Dave's shop when they are out of stock.
- Created by srb2Espyo.
- Set up your defenses around the slot machine. Try for one row of walnuts on the right side, one or two rows of sunflowers on the left, and fill everything else with pea and snow pea shooters. Protect the lawn mowers. Each is worth a Gold Coin at the end of the game; do not let them mow the zombies. Stop collecting sun at about 1,900 sun points. At this point, the garden should be full; getting the extra 100 points to win should be easy. Just collect enough sun to offset the slot machine. Keep the slot machine spinning. It will randomly drop one or three gems as long your patience lasts. If the zombies get close to the mowers, end the game. Just collect the sun lying on the field to end the game.
- Use the following trick to make Walnut Bowling more profitable. Protect the lawnmowers. Each mower is worth one gold coin ($250). Line up shots off the front runner. After the first zombie is hit, each additional zombie strike generates coins. Create a front runner where none already exists.Pole vaulting zombies will run fast until they vault over a nut, and the newspaper zombie runs fast after getting the paper destroyed by a nut. Let them run a short distance down the lawn before sending a nut their way. You do not need to use nuts. When there are a few zombies ambling down the lawn without a clear ricochet shot, wait some time to see if more of them will step out to play. They can always be killed once they cross the red line. Remember how many nuts it takes to kill a zombie. This is important when they cross the red line. Use one nut for regular zombies, three for bucket wearing zombies, and two for the others. Keep the exploding nuts in reserve. Try not to use them unless a mob crosses the line or there are not enough nuts or room to clear out a difficult to kill zombie. Use the regular walnuts for the zombies that have not reached the red line. Do not use exploding nuts to kill pole vaulting zombies directly. Pole vaulting zombies only jump obstacles in their own lane. A pole vaulting zombie who has not vaulted yet will safely jump over explosions or nuts in their own lane. Find a neighbor in the next lane and time the nut to hit when the pole vaulting zombie gets close to the neighbor.
New seed selection
If you do not like the cards from Crazy Dave, exit the game and restart. The cards will change randomly.
Increase plant growth
Disable full screen mode. Go to your zen garden. After feeding the plants, it will normally take thirty minutes to feed them again. To feed them all, change the system time to an earlier value. This will increase their growth.
"Dr. Zomboss": Easy completion
When Dr. Zomboss comes down to throw an ice ball or fire ball, you can use Freeze Shrooms to freeze him. This allows your various pults time to get some damage on Dr. Zomboss himself. Jalapenos will also cause damage to him when he is down to toss a fire or ice ball. The more damage you can do to Dr. Zomboss, the faster and easier it is to end this level. Save at least one Freeze Shroom and one Jalapeno for whatever he tosses.
"Last Stand": Easy completion
- You must have at least eight slots of seed before starting. Choose the following plants: Repeaters, Gatling Peas, Tall Nuts, Tangle Kelps, Lily Pads, Torchwoods, Coffee Beans, and Magnet-Shrooms, After you pick them up, set up the following layout. Put two Repeaters from the back columns on every row (except the pool). Put only one Repeater on the back columns on every pool row (use Lily Pads first). Change the Repeaters on the pool to become Gatling Peas Put Torchwoods in front of the Repeaters and Gatling Peas (on the pool use Lily Pads first). Then, give the space a column and plant the Magnet-Shrooms on the lawn only. Wake them up with Coffee Beans. In front of the Magnet-Shrooms on the lawn, plant the Tall Nuts. Note: Plant the Tangle Kelps on the last time. The layout should appear as follows.
R R T <> M N R R T <> M N ------------------------ G T K K K K G T K K K K ------------------------ R R T <> M N R R T <> M N R = Repeaters G = Gatling Peas T = Torchwoods K = Tangle Kelps M = Magnet-Shrooms that have been awakened N = Tall-Nuts
- Select the following plants (at least eight slots required): Marigold, Pumpkin, Lilypad, Wall-Nut, Magnet-Shroom, Gold Magnet, Doom-Shroom, Coffee Bean. Fill the rest of the slots with plants of your choice. Use the following layout. Note: Put Pumpkins on the first three Marigolds starting from the Wall-Nut, except the Marigold on the pool. Do not put any Pumpkins on the pool. Then, start the onslaught. If you have sufficient sun power, put a Doom-Shroom in to replace with thing in the two Gold Magnets, then awaken the Doom-Shroom with a Coffee Bean.
M M M M M M M M W M M M M M M M M W M M M M G M M M W M M M M G M M M W M M M M M M M M W M M M M M M M M W M = Marigold P = Pumpkin L = Lily Pad W = Wall-Nut A = Magnet-Shroom G = Gold Magnet D = Doom-Shroom C = Coffee Bean
- Use the following formation. Note: Upgrade Repeaters to Gatling Peas when you have enough sun.
MP R* MS T MP R* MS T MP R* MS T MP R* MS T MP R* MS T MP R* MS T MP = Melon-Pult R = Repeater MS = Magnet-Shroom T = Tall-Nut
Suburban Almanac: Finding the imitator
Look at the top left of the almanac and click there. You will now see the imitator.
Zombie mini-games: Earning sun
The only way to earn sun in the zombie mini-games is to kill sunflowers. First, put a good zombie for the situation in the lane you want it to go in. Make sure that there are sunflowers planted in that lane. Collect the sun when the zombie eats the flower, then buy more items and eat the brains.
Creating a fort
Use the following plant formation with the following items.
- 0: Sunflowers or upgraded flowers
- 1: A shooter plant
- 2: Repeater/upgraded
- 3: Three shooter plant (three lanes)
- 4: Fire Plant (fire tree that turns bullets to fire balls that pass through it)
- 5: Cattail
- 6: Squash (or Wallnut/Tallnut)
- 7: Small mushrooms
- 8: Chomper
- 9: Scardey Shroom
- X: Free space
In the morning:
0 1 2 3 4 6 8 0 1 2 3 4 6 8 0 1 2 3 4 6 8 0 1 2 3 4 6 8 0 1 2 3 4 6 8
0 2 3 4 9 X 7 7 7 6 0 2 3 4 9 X 7 7 7 6 0 2 3 4 9 X 7 7 7 6 0 2 3 4 9 X 7 7 7 6 0 2 3 4 9 X 7 7 7 6
Defeating the final Boss
The final Boss will launch massive fire balls and ice balls at your plants. They will crush everything in their path except for zombies (basically, all plants in that row). To destroy the ice ball, use a Chili Pepper in that row. To destroy the fire ball, use an Ice Shroom, but also with a Coffee Bean or else it will fall asleep.
When there are Pole Vaulters, pick a Walnut and a Chomper and make sure you can dig up plants and have lots of sun.. Put down a Walnut and a Chomper behind it. The Pole Vaulter will go over the Walnut and straight into the Chomper. Then, dig up the Chomper and he is gone.
Getting light in fog
When you are in fog and need light (and you do not have a lantern), use the torch wood if you have the sun. It shows you the space in front of it.
To kill Bungees, use Chompers, Squash, Ice Shroom, Jalapeno, or an Umbrella Plant.
Hidden achievement list objects
The achievements are displayed as an underground list. Scroll through the list and keep going down to see various hidden objects including a zombie, the bookworm from Bookworm, jewels from Bejeweled, a unicorn fossil, and finally Chinese zombies staring back down the hole.
Easy "Ask Me About Mustache Mode" achievement
PC Type mustache during a level after you finish selecting your plants.
Easy "Sunny Days" achievement
PC Play Zombiquarium and do not purchase the trophy for 1,000 Sun. Continue until you have 8,000.
Easy "Towering Wisdom" achievement
PC Growing the Tree of Wisdom for 100 feet requires 94 bags of Tree Food and $245,000. To make this easier, Play the Survival: Endless and Last Stand; use money from Zen Garden; kill Zombie Yeti; and play the mini games Wall-nut Bowling 2 and I, Zombie.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs