Pocket Monsters SoulSilver
Add to this page!
This game is titled Pokemon SoulSilver in North America, Europe, and Australia, and Pocket Monsters SoulSilver in Japan.
Press L + R + Start + Select during game play.
Delete saved data
When you start a new game and you will be warned that you cannot save until you delete previous data. Accept the warning, then play until you can move your character. Enter the "Options" menu and select "Save". You will be told to press Up + Select + B at the main menu. This will delete the old profile and begin your new one.
Defeat the Elite Four then go to the S.S. Aqua at Olivine City.
rtaeba otn vdrtga
National Pokedex Diploma
Catch all Pokemon in the National Pokedex then speak with the Game Freak director in Celadon City. You do not have to catch Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, or Arceus.
Johto Pokedex Diploma
Catch all Pokemon in the Johto Pokedex then speak with the Game Freak director in Celadon City. You do not have to catch Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, or Arceus.
Trainer Card stars
Complete the following tasks to add a star to your Trainer card. Note: Shiny Leaves are obtained by speaking with your Pokemon in certain areas on rare Nature-dependent locations.
- Defeat the Elite Four and Champion.
- Give Ethan or Lyra five Shiny Leaves.
- Break records in ten Pokeathlon events.
- Win 100 battles in a row at the Battle Tower.
- Complete the National Pokedex (except for Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus).
Trainer Card colors
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding color. You can earn stars by completing the following tasks: defeating the Elite Four, finding all Shining Leaves, and capturing all 493 Pokemon (not including event-only Pokemon).
- Blue Card: Earn one star.
- Bronze Card: Earn two stars.
- Silver Card: Earn three stars.
- Gold Card: Earn four stars.
- Black Card: Earn five stars.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding map.
- Beautiful Beach: Get 200 Watts.
- Beyond The Sea: Trade for an International Pokemon in the GTS in Goldenrod City.
- Big Forest: Get 40,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Blue Lake: Get 2,000 Watts.
- Dim Cave: Get 1,000 Watts.
- Hoenn Field: Get 5,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Icy Mountain Rd.: Get 30,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Night Sky's Edge: Trade a fateful-encounter Jirachi onto Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver.
- Noisy Forest: Available by default.
- Quiet Cave: Get 100,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Rally: Participated in the Wi-Fi Event during January 29th through February 28th, 2010 in Japan.
- Refreshing Field: Available by default.
- Resort: Get 80,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Rugged Road: Get 50 Watts.
- Scary Cave: Get 20,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Sightseeing: Participated in the Wi-Fi Event during November 14th, 2009 through to January 11th, 2010 in Japan' and from April 17th to May 31st, 2010 in Korea.
- Sinnoh Field: Get 25,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Stormy Beach: Get 65,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Suburban Area: Get 500 Watts.
- The Resort: Get 80,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Town Outskirts: Get 3,000 Watts.
- Tree House: Get 15,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Volcano Path: Get 10,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Warm Beach: Get 7,500 Watts and own the National Dex.
- White Lake: Get 50,000 Watts and own the National Dex.
- Winner's Path: Participated in the Wi-Fi Event from May 6th to June 25th, 2010.
- Yellow Forest: Participlated in the Wi-Fi Event from April 1st to May 5th, 2010.
Earn all 16 badges, then talk to the music designer in Celadon to unlock the 8-bit music from the original Pokemon Gold and Silver.
Secret box wallpapers and Pokemon eggs
Go to the Violet City Pokemon Center. Notice the man next to the PC. Tell him certain words when he asks you for your opinion. Use this site to generate these words. This will unlock special box wallpapers and Pokemon eggs in your game.
Ruins of Alph: Hidden items
In the same rooms where you have to complete a picture puzzle of Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, or Ho-Oh, there is a plaque that has a word that is spelled using Unowns. Do the following steps.
- Room with the Kabuto Puzzle: The word is "Escape". You must use an Escape Rope facing the plaque. You can easily get an Escape Rope at the Violet City Pokemart. The four items obtained are Energy Powder, Heal Powder, Oran Berry, and Pecha Berry.
- Room with the Aerodactyl Puzzle (accessible by Surfing): The word is "Light". Use Flash while facing the plaque. The four items obtained are Energy Root, Heal Powder, Moon Stone, and Sitrus Berry.
- Room with the Ho-Oh Puzzle: The word is "Ho-Oh". You must have Ho-Oh first in your roster. The items obtained are: Charcoal, Leppa Berry, Life Orb, and Revival Herb. In Pokemon HeartGold, Ho-Oh is obtained in the Bell Tower. In Pokemon SoulSilver, Ho-Oh is obtained after you have defeated the Elite Four.
- Room with the Omanyte Puzzle: The word is "Water". You must have a Water Stone in your bag. The items obtained are: Leppa Berry, Mystic Water, Stardust, and Star Piece. A Water Stone can be obtained by winning it at the Pokeathlon on Wednesday.
! and ? Unown
After you have collected all other twenty six Unown (A through Z), the ! and ? Unown will appear in the Hall Entrance.
Feeding Oran Berries to the Miltank
You can get about one to three Oran Berries before you have to do this task. However you probably have used them or at least only have one Oran remaining. If you do not have any Oran Berries, at the sixth floor of the Goldenrod Department Store is a betting corner, where you pay 300 to draw a ticket. The ticket will win you a #1, #2, or #3 prize. The #1 prize is the TM of the day (the woman next to the ticket counter will tell you what it and the #2 prize is). The #2 prize is a special Pokeball. The #3 prize is a random selection of one of ten different berries, including the Oran. Do not waste your money by trying to get a large number of them. The Miltank needs seven Oran Berries. Harvest the berries in the berry pots until you have seven of them. Optionally, the girl to the left of the Miltank will give you a seal case and the girl on its right will give you three seals. The farmer woman gives you a TM Natural Gift. Once you give the Miltank the berries you can buy Moomoo Milk (which heals 100 health) for 500. Finally in Olivine, the girl in the house north of the Pokemart will give seals.
Dragon Ball Z reference
In Ecruteak City at the Dance studio, a Team Rocket grunt is hassling a kimono girl. Talk to the person on the right side of the stage. He tells you he would have put a stop the grunt's behavior if it was not for the incredible pain of his stomachache. This is a tactic commonly used by Hercule Satan in Dragon Ball Z to get out of fighting.
Game Boy reference
- At Celadon City, enter the Celadon Condominiums next to the Pokemon Center. Use the elevator to reach the third floor. When you exit, your friend will tell you about the GB Sounds. Talk to the man next to the globe after collecting all of the Kanto badges to get the GB Sounds Device.
- If you turn on the GB Sounds option before entering the Union room, then trade with someone, it will play the classic trade music.
Split and fused poles
When you go to the back of the Safari Zone where the poles are, they will split in two or fuse together depending on where you are standing.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs