Pocket Monsters White
Add to this page!
This game is titled Pokemon White in North America, Europe, and Australia, and Pocket Monsters White in Japan.
Defeat the Elite Four. Leave your house after the credits complete and Professor Juniper's father will upgrade your Pokedex to the National Dex.
Alternate Trainer Card colors
Complete one of the indicated tasks to change to the next card color (black or white, gold, purple, red, or silver)
- Complete the National Pokedex.
- Obtain all Pokemon Musical Items.
- Defeat the Elite 4.
- Get a 49 Streak in both Super Single and Super Double Subway lines in the Battle Subway.
- Obtain all Entralink Powers.
Defeat the Elite Four to unlock a new set of wallpapers. Defeat them again to unlock another set of wallpapers.
Set the system date to your birthday. The following bonuses will be available.
- Talk to the nurse at a Pokemon Center and she will ask if it is your birthday. Answer "Yes" and she will wish you a happy birthday.
- Go to the Pokemon Musical and talk to the owner upstairs to get the birthday cake prop.
- The mist will be gone in Routes 14 and 15.
The following items can be found at the indicated locations.
- Amulet Coin: Unite the three dancers in Castelia City. Defeat first one by the fountain and he will ask you to find two other dancers. They are found on Narrow Street and on a Unity Pier. Fight them and then talk to them afterwards. Return to the fountain and talk to the dancer in the middle to get the Amulet Coin, which increases the money you gain.
- Big Root: Found in Pinwheel Forest or 5% chance from a wild Lileep or Cradily. This item increases the HP that results from successful Energy draining moves (for example, Leech Seed).
- Black Sludge: Has a 5% chance from a wild Trubbish, Croagunk, or Toxicroak or 50% chance from a wild Garbodor. This item restores 1/16th of a Poison-type Pokemon's HP every turn. It damages other types when held.
- Health Wig: Defeat the fourth gym leader then begin to cross Charizard Bridge. Toward the middle is a shadowy black dot floating on the ground. Step on top of it to get the Health Wig, which increases the base health level of a Pokemon.
- Experience Share: Given to you by the CEO/Janitor of the Battle Company on the Floor 55 in Castelia City.
- Leftovers: Found in a garbage can under the Village Bridge between Route 11 and Route 12. The Dousing Machine must be used to find it. This item restores 1/16th of a Pokemon's health every turn.
- Lucky Egg: Given to you by Professor Juniper when you arrive at Chargestone Cave on Route 6. This item gives extra experience points to the Pokemon holding it in any battle it participates in.
- Macho Brace: Found in Nimbasa City, from a man standing at the eastern gate. This item will doubles the EV points the Pokemon gets in battle but will halves its speed stat.
- Scope Lens: Found on Floor 47 in the Battle Company in Castelia City. This item boosts a Pokemon's critical hit ratio.
- Power Hold items: Purchased at the Battle Subway.
- Power Weight: +4 HP EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Bracer: +4 Attack EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Belt: +4 Defense EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Lens: +4 Special Attack EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Band: +4 Special Defense EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Anklet: +4 HP EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
Cheap recovery items
In Driftveil City, there is a market where you can buy "medicinal herbs." These herbs include Heal Powder, Energy Powder, Energy Root, and Revival Herb. The Heal Powder recovers any status problems of a single Pokemon and is the equivalent of a Full Heal, which costs 600 PokeDollars, and only costs 450 PokeDollars. The EnergyPowder recovers 50 HP and is the equivalent of a Super Potion, which costs 700 PokeDollars, and only costs 500 PokeDollars. The Energy Root recovers 200 HP and is the equivalent of a Hyper Potion, which costs 1,200 PokeDollars, and only costs 800 PokeDollars. And finally, the Revival Root. This precious herb is the exact equivalent of a Max Revive and only costs 2,800 PokeDollars which is a high price, but at least "Max Revives" can be bought within the game.
Go to the second floor of the building with the scientist that wants a password at Castelia City. Talk to him, then say "Everyone Happy" then "Simple Connection". Save the game. You can now use the "Relocator" option at the main menu to transfer the Legendary Trio (Raikou, Suicune and Entei) and Celebi to Pokemon Black or White.
- After defeating the Elite 4, go to the Giant Chasm with two Blisseys in the back of your party. After encountering the Ditto, send in Blissey. Let the Ditto transform into Blissey, then switch out and defeat the fake Blissey for easy experience.
- During the Victini event, after you defeat the Team Plasma members on your way to Victini, save the game. Keep fighting off Victini for 500 to 700 experience points. Note: Victini reappears every time you run away or accidentally defeat it.
- Drop of the desired Pokemon at the Day Care center on Route 3. For each step you take, your Pokemon in the Day Care center will gain 1 experience point. Run back and forth on the Skyarrow Bridge twenty or more times. Your Pokemon should have leveled up a few levels by the time you are done. Repeat this process for any desired Pokemon. Note: Make sure you have a lot of money. You must pay 100 Coins each time your Pokemon levels up.
Once you defeat the Elite 4 for the first time during the story, you can travel the eastern side of Unova. From Nimbasa City, go east to begin your journey. You will end up on Marvelous Bridge. Once there, notice that you will occasionally hear a "wing-flap" sound, and a small dark area (similar to those seen in lakes and in caves) will appear in a random location on the bridge. There will be a 50% chance that when you step on the dark spot, it will either be a "Wing" or a Swanna, the White Bird Pokemon. These "Wings" include the Health Wing, Muscle Wing, Resist Wing, Genius Wing, Clever Wing, Swift Wing, and Pretty Wing. These all give effects similar to those of the Vitamins (Protien, Iron, Calcium, Zinc, etc.) but can be sold for 1,500 PokeDollars. They are very easy to obtain. Keep finding these "Wings" and sell them in large quantities.
When encountering a Pokemon you intend to catch (seems to work best on Pokemon of reasonably high level; at least high level 30s), weaken it in whatever manner you desired (HP reduction, status infliction, etc.) then throw an ordinary Poke Ball. When the view zooms in on the Pokemon, use your stylus to trace counter-clockwise circles around the Poke Ball symbol on the touch screen. While doing so, make sure to not trace your circles too fast or too slow. Try to find a good median speed to trace with. This should either make the contained Pokemon roll more or get captured in one roll. Note: That will not work every time you try to catch a Pokemon; it can simply make captures easier with ordinary Poke Balls.
Unity Tower is located in the oceans of Unova. To access it, do an international trade using the Geonet. You then now travel to Unity Tower by getting on the boat at the Unity Pier at Castelia City. The Unity Tower tracks people from different countries available on the Geonet. You may talk to these people and track things about them.
Complete the indicated task to change forms.
- Arceus: Give a plate to Arceus to have it change form.
- Deerling or Sawsbuck: Deerling or Sawsbuck will change into their Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter forms depending on the current season based on the system time.
- Deoxys: Examine the meteor in the museum in Nacrene to cycle through Deoxys' Normal, Attack, Defense, and Speed forms
- Eevee: Fight enemies near the moss-covered stone in Pinwheel Forest to evolve into Leafeon. Fight enemies near the frozen ice crystal at the bottom of Twist Mountain to evolve into Glaceon
- Feebas: Trade Feebas while it is holding a Prism Scale (obtained on Route 13) to evolve into Milotic.
- Giratina: Give Giratina a Griseous Orb from the Shadow Triad on the Marvelous Bridge to change into its Origin form.
- Karrablast and Shelmet: To evolve Karrablast and Shelmet, trade one for the other with another player. The Karrablast will evolve into Escavalier and the Shelmet will evolve into Accelgor.
- Magneton: Fight enemies in Chargestone Cave to evolve into Magnezone.
- Nosepass : Fight enemies in Chargestone Cave to evolve into Probopass.
- Rotom: Open the boxes in the first door on Floor 1 of the Shopping Mall Nine to change into Rotom's Normal, Heat, Wash, Frost, Fan, and Mow forms.
- Shaymin: Give a Gracidea (from the woman in the Pokemon Center in Lacunosa Town) to Shaymin to change it into its Sky form.
Walk over to shaking patches of tall grass to have a chance to encounter Audino. Note: Use Repel in grass to find shaking patches easier.
Using the Nintendo WiFi connection, get the Mystery Gift (the Liberty Pass) from the main menu before April 10, 2011. Use the Liberty Pass to catch Victini in the dungeon of the tower at Liberty Garden.
Drop off a Zoroark and Lucario at the Pokemon Day Care. Their egg will be a Zora.
Super Mario Bros. reference
The Thrash move's sound effect resembles the beginning of the Super Mario Bros. main theme.
Leave your Pokemon in the water
This requires a Pokemon that knows Fly and another that knows Surf (for example, Basculin and Pidove); or a Pokemon that can learn both (for example, Ducklett or Swanna). Surf onto any body of water, then use Fly. As you fly away, notice that you will leave your Pokemon with Surf in the water.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs