IP-to-IP Internet game activation
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Also, run the game first to have it create its directories and files. In v1.3, use a text editor to edit the "pt.cfg" file in the "/My Documents/My Games/Pocket Tanks Deluxe" directory. Change the value of the NetworkIPSupport line from 0 to 1. The result should be an option
for "IP-to-IP Internet Game" in LAN Game mode.
Hidden tank colors
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Normally there are only eight colors. However if you use a text editor to edit the "pt.cfg" file in the "\Documents\My Games\Pocket Tanks Deluxe\" directory, you can access two hidden colors not seen in the color selection screen. Color 0 is black and color 1 is white. The time the game is loaded, the selector will be in the middle of the screen with the color you selected . There is full support on either color; there will still be an arrow, your color choice will show up in the weapon selection screen, etc. Note: This does not work in AN Game mode.
Bouncy Dirt and Fission Bomb combo
Cover one side of the interior of a large crater with
Bouncy Dirt and hit the tank with a Fission Bomb while it is at
the bottom of the hole. Note: Try using Mountain Movers and Crater
o, fal oudnrab ncldf, r oapbchrec
Flying Digger combos
- This works best when your opponent is on a high platform and does not have any jump weapons or dirt removers. Hit the opponent with a Flying Digger, then Bouncy Dirt, then a Popcorn. If the Flying Digger takes out all the dirt from under the opponent, a Bouncy Wall can be substituted for Bouncy Dirt.
- The following combo also works best when your opponent has no dirt removers. Hit the opponent with a Flying Digger. Seal your opponent in with dirt. Shoot Gamma Blasters, X-Ray Cannons, Drillers, and/or Super Lasers directly toward the opponent. Note: Practice is required to land a Super Laser; you must set the angle precisely.
Pile Driver and Hailstorm combo
Hit the tank with a Pile Driver followed by a Hailstorm (or Napalm).
Ground Shocker and Popcorn combo
Fire a Ground Shocker directly below your opponent's tank to make the ground very rough. Then, fire a Popcorn nearby and the bullets will bounce and multiply.
Flying Digger and Sunburn combo
Hit your enemy with a Flying Digger in fairly deep
dirt if possible. Then, on your next turn, drop a Sunburn into
the hole and watch your score rise.
Porcupine Laser and Ground Shocker combo
This is worth 50 points and must be done directly on
top of the PC.
Bouncy Bomb and Lob O Matic combo
Use a Bouncy Bomb with a Lob O Matic for 100 points.
Pineapple and Firestorm combo
Use a Pineapple with a Fire Storm for 74 points.
Funnel and Pin Cushion combo
Aim for a direct hit and fire the Funnel. It will create a funnel of bouncy dirt and trap your opponent. On your next turn, fire a Pin Cushion directly into the funnel. All of the Zappers will bounce off the walls of the funnel and hit your opponent. This combo does about 200 damage.
Super phase missile
Find an enemy that is standing on a lot of dirt. Fire a phase missile with high power so that it misses your opponent and begins circling around it. The missile will fly faster and faster and eventually hit the target for 120 damage instead of 20.
Fire a Digger at a steep angle so your tank slides down into the ground. Use a dirt weapon to seal yourself in.
- The easiest way to get over 100 points is to shoot a cannon ball on a mountain so that it rolls downward and hits him.
- If you are on a valley or on the other side of a mountain, set the angle diagonally upward toward your opponent, set the power to 80, and use a Turn & Burn. If done correctly, you should now be near your opponent. Fire an X-Ray Cannon, Gamma Blaster, Lodestones, Laser (or Super Laser), Bazooka, Late Bloomer, Minigun, or Potholes directly toward your opponent at a high power. You will get massive points by doing this. Also, if your opponent's weapons have too big of a blast, or something that fires particles bound to hit the opponent as well as you, it is going to be difficult for that opponent to gain points. Or, after getting next to your opponent, if you have any dirt weapons (Dirtball, Big Dirtball, Dirt Slinger, Rainbow Dirt, Mud Pie, Tar Ball, etc., preferably Cruball or Mud Pie), and your opponent has nothing to safely remove the dirt, use them. Then, fire any weapons that go through dirt. If you hit the opponent with Flower Power, X-Ray Cannon, and/or Gamma Blaster, you will get a massive number points. Also, not only will your opponent not be able to attack under dirt, but he will have to blast his own points away to get out of the trap.
- This trick requires Pocket Tanks Deluxe with the Gold Weapon Pack. Move close to the enemy and position your barrel so that the tip is in the middle of his tank. Use Spinner and you will usually get at least 3,000 to 4,000 points.
- When you have the option to get jump jets, turn and burn, or backfire, use them to get close to your opponent. Angle your turret to go inside the enemy tank and fire the Spinner. If done correctly you should get 5,000 points from a single shot.
At the Weapon Shop, if a Digger appears, get it. Also,
get as many underground weapons as you can (for example, Worm,
Homing Worm, Hotfoot, etc.). When the battle starts, fire every
weapon except for the Digger or underground weapons. Then, select
the Digger and change the angle of the shot so that it goes diagonally
into the ground. On your next turn, move into the underground
tunnel and start firing your underground weapons. Your enemy cannot
hit you because you are underground, but you can still hit your
If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, you can select
"Move" and move for any distance to the left or right
by scrolling up or down.
Use the same weapon multiple times
This can be used to choose the weapon the CPU or human
opponent uses, if he or she is unaware. You can also use the same
weapon repeatedly. First, click the weapon box to bring up the
list, then move to a weapon that you want to fire so that it is
blinking yellow. Then press [Space] to fire. It will keep
the menu up, but launch the weapon you highlighted. Next, move
to a different weapon. It will take that weapon instead of the
fired one. If you keep the list up, it will stay up while the
computer is taking his turn. You can move the list to a weapon
you want him to fire. Note: The weapon in the CPU's list that
is solid yellow is the one it will fire if you take too long.
Gamma Blaster, Super Laser, X-Ray Cannon
Firing these weapons into the air will not work. You
must shoot them directly toward your opponent. Getting the Super
Laser to hit may require some practice. These weapons will "dig"
past the ground and hit the opponent.
If little or no dirt is under your opponent, the Super
Star will not do optimal damage. However, if your opponent is
on a high dirt platform, the Super Star will do massive damage.
This weapon is perfect for when your opponent uses a Pedestal.
If you are close enough to your opponent when using Sonic Blast, you can be at the epicenter, not get hurt, and gain at least 300 points.
You can get more points up close with Lob-O-Matic. Aim high with maximum power and you can turn Lob-O-Matic into a "Super Carpet Bomb".
Using Streamers, you can fire with 0 power, and provided it hits at the correct angle, a thin line of multiple Streamers will hit your opponent. Besides that, it can also serve to provide with an extremely deep downward tunnel. Watch where you fire or you may end up doing more harm to yourself.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs