Portal 2 (PlayStation3)
Bonus store items
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding item for purchase at the store.
- Bionic Beanie: Complete "Lunacy".
- WCC Flag: Complete "High Five".
Alternate title screen
Successfully complete the game.
Get detailed help in our Portal 2 (PlayStation3) forum.
There is a turret inside a ventilation grate just past the elevator in Test Chamber 16. Jump over it, get the Refraction Cube, then use the laser to destroy that turret to open the grate. Enter the new area to find four turrets singing a song.
talvh, swsvner necbgvwevis evcaui
Easy "Door Prize" achievement or trophy
While attempting to earn the "Ship Overboard" achievement or trophy, once you enter the door behind the filing cabinet there are three metal doors in the hallway. If you activate the doors. Cave Johnson talks about the tests. Activate all three doors and the achievement or trophy will be unlocked.
Easy "Drop Box" achievement or trophy
Go to Chamber 2, Test 06. Move through the aerial plates to the button, then press it. After the garbage disappears, keep the first portal on the platform and shoot the second one above the large red button. Press the button again and wait for the box to drop down.
Easy "Final Transmission" achievement or trophy
Play Chapter 2 "Test Chamber 6". Get the radio that appears in a clump of garbage into a window above the chamber after you hit a button. Work your way back through the level and place a portal on the pad across from the window. Use the launchers to get through the portal and into the room past the window, with radio in hand. Take the radio up to the wall to earn the achievement or trophy.
Easy "No Hard Feelings" achievement or trophy
Play Chapter 5 "The Escape" and reach the conveyor belts carrying droids to the incinerator. Use a portal to get onto the conveyor belt. Walk on the belt until a droid with a working laser beam appears. Pick it up to earn the achievement or trophy.
Easy "Pit Boss" achievement or trophy
Play Chapter 9. After Wheatley's surprise, portal away from the platform just as Wheatley sends arms to crush you. Do not run away on the catwalk. Stay nearby and Wheatly will beg you to come back. Stand at the edge of the pit overlooking his trap. He will ask you to just jump in the pit. Jump in to earn the achievement or trophy.
Easy "Preservation Of Mass" achievement or trophy
Play Chapter 2 "Test Chamber 7". Keep track of the Companion Cube in this chamber. You can return to get it at the end of the level after using it to depress the button. Ignore GLadOS's comments and carry the cube through the broken "Emancipation Grill" at the end of the chamber to earn the achievement or trophy.
Easy "Schrodinger's Catch" achievement or trophy
Play Chapter 6 "The Fall" and reach the 1958 "28" room. There is a cube is trapped in a glass box and Blue Gel streaming out of a pipe in one corner in this room. Save the game. Shoot a portal under the Gel and over the crate to coat the cube. The cube will bounce until it breaks the glass. It will eventually break out of the glass. Catch this cube before it touches the ground to earn the achievement or trophy. Note: Try standing between the entrance and the gel spout.
Easy "Ship Overboard" achievement or trophy
Play Chapter 6 "The Fall" and reach the 1971-era test facility. Cave will begin talking about testing on hobos. Below one of the test spheres and a giant Aperture logo is a room marked "CONTROL ROOM" in yellow letters. Use a portal to get high above the Control Room and enter the small office. There is a cabinet with a door behind it in the corner of this office. Enter that door and follow the hidden hallway to a dock. At the end of the walkway near the docks is a orange life preserver marked "BOREALIS". Examine it to earn the achievement or trophy. Note: This is a reference to the Aperture ship "Borealis" that is seen at the end of Half Life 2: Episode 2.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation3 trophy rewards.
- Wake Up Call (Bronze): Survive the manual override.
- You Monster (Bronze): Reunite with GLaDOS.
- Undiscouraged (Bronze): Complete the first Thermal Discouragement Beam test. (Video)
- Bridge Over Troubling Water (Bronze): Complete the first Hard-Light Surfaces test. (Video)
- SaBOTour (Bronze): Make a break for it.
- Stalemate Associate (Bronze): Press the button!
- Tater Tote (Bronze): Carry science forward.
- Vertically Unchallenged (Bronze): Master the Repulsion Gel.
- Stranger Than Friction (Bronze): Master the Propulsion Gel.
- White Out (Bronze): Complete the first Conversion Gel test.
- Tunnel of Funnel (Bronze): Master the Excursion Funnel.
- Dual Pit Experiment (Bronze): Do the same test twice.
- The Part Where He Kills You (Bronze): This is that part.
- Pit Boss (Bronze): Show that pit who's boss.
- Preservation of Mass (Bronze): Break the rules in Test Chamber 07. (Video)
- Pturretdactyl (Bronze): Use an Aerial Faith Plate to launch a turret.
- Final Transmission (Bronze): Find the hidden signal in one of the Rat Man's dens. (Video)
- Good Listener (Bronze): Take GLaDOS' escape advice.
- Scanned Alone (Bronze): Stand in a defective turret detector.
- No Hard Feelings (Bronze): Save a turret from redemption.
- Schrodinger's Catch (Bronze): Catch a blue-painted box before it touches the ground. (Video)
- Ship Overboard (Bronze): Discover the missing experiment. (Video)
- Door Prize (Bronze): Examine all the vitrified test chamber doors. (Video)
- Portrait of a Lady (Bronze): Find a hidden portrait.
- You Made Your Point (Bronze): Refuse to solve the first test in Chapter 8. (Video)
- Smash TV (Bronze): Break 11 test chamber monitors. (Video)
- High Five (Bronze): Celebrate your cooperative calibration success.
- Team Building (Bronze): Complete all test chambers in the Team Building co-op course.
- Confidence Building (Bronze): Complete all test chambers in the Mass and Velocity co-op course.
- Bridge Building (Bronze): Complete all test chambers in the Hard-Light Surfaces co-op course.
- Obstacle Building (Bronze): Complete all test chambers in the Excursion Funnels co-op course.
- Iron Grip (Bronze): Never lose a cube in Chamber 6 of the Mass and Velocity co-op course. (Video)
- Gesticul-8 (Bronze): Perform all 8 gestures of your own volition in co-op.
- Can't Touch This (Bronze): Dance in front of a turret blocked by a hard light bridge in co-op.
- Empty Gesture (Bronze): Drop your co-op partner in goo while they are gesturing by removing the bridge under them.
- Party of Three (Bronze): Find the hidden companion cube in co-op test chamber. (Video)
- Air Show (Bronze): Perform 2 aerial gestures before touching the ground in co-op.
- Portal Conservation Society (Bronze): Complete Chamber 3 in the Hard-Light Surfaces co-op course using only 5 total portal placements. (Video)
- Four Ring Circus (Bronze): Enter 4 different portals without touching the ground in co-op. (Video)
- Triple Crown (Bronze): Solve 3 co-op chambers in the Mass and Velocity course in under 60 seconds each. (Video)
- Still Alive (Bronze): Complete Course 4 with neither you nor your co-op partner dying.
- Asking for Trouble (Bronze): Taunt GLaDOS in front of a camera in each of the five co-op courses.
- Drop Box (Silver): Place a cube on a button without touching the cube. (Video)
- Overclocker (Silver): Complete Test Chamber 10 in 70 seconds. (Video)
- Narbacular Drop (Silver): Place a portal under your co-op partner while they are gesturing.
- Rock Portal Scissors (Silver): Win 3 co-op games of rock-paper-scissors in a row.
- Friends List With Benefits (Silver): While playing co-op, hug 3 different people on your friends list.
- Lunacy (Gold): That just happened.
- You Saved Science (Gold): Complete all test chambers in all courses of co-op.
- Professor Portal (Gold): After completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before.
- Portal 2 Platinum Trophy (Platinum): Collected all other Portal 2 trophies.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs