Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)
When you purchase a newspaper always check the bottom right for the codes. There may also be others throughout the paper. Enter the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat option. A message will confirm correct code entry. Note: Enabling cheat codes will prevent the game from being saved and will not allow achievements or trophies from becoming unlocked.
|Who? (become a nobody)||HUMILITY BEFORE THE LORD|
|All outfits||IT'S ALL ABOUT CLOTHES|
|Jack Attack (turn John into Jack, his son)||OH MY SON, MY BLESSED SON|
|Decrease bounty||THEY SELL SOULS CHEAP HERE|
|Old School (sepia graphics)||THE OLD WAYS IS THE BEST WAYS|
|Money (+$500)||THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, WE THANK YOU!|
|Gun Set 1||IT'S MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT|
| Gun Set 2 (Buffalo rifle, sawed-off shotgun,|
semi-auto pistol, Schofield revolver,
Winchester repeater, fire bottle x3)
|I'M AN AMERICAN. I NEED GUNS|
|All guns||WE NEED GUNS JOHN!|
|Coach||NOW WHO PUT THAT THERE?|
|Infinite Ammo||ABUNDANCE IS EVERYWHERE|
|Infinite Horse Stamina||MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES|
|Infinite Dead Eye||I DON'T UNDERSTAND IMNFINITY|
|Invincibility||HE GIVES STRENGTH TO THE WEAK|
|Horse (spawn horse)||BEASTS AND MAN TOGETHER|
|Lewis & Clark (all areas unlocked)||YOU GOT YOURSELF A FINE PAIR OF EYES|
|Diplomatic Immunity (no bounty/wanted level)||I WISH I WORKED FOR UNCLE SAM|
|Famous||I AM ONE OF THEM FAMOUS FELLAS|
| Man In Uniform (Bureau Uniform, U.S. Army|
Uniform, and U.S. Marshal Uniform)
|I LOVE A MAN IN UNIFORM|
|Good Guy (get good reputation)||IT AINT PRIDE. IT'S HONOR|
|Sharp Dressed Man (Gentleman's suit)||DON'T YOU LOOK FINE AND DANDY|
|Treasure Hunter outfit||YOU THINK YOU TOUGH, MISTER?|
|Hic (become drunk)||I'M DRUNK AS A SKUNK AND TWICE AS SMELLY|
, , , and
Create an account on the Rockstar Games Social Club and link it to your Xbox Live or PSN account to unlock he following cheats.
|Donkey Rider||Spawns a donkey to ride|
|Increase Bounty||Raise your bounty immediately|
|Bad Guy||Grant yourself the lowest honor|
|So-so Guy||Give yourself a neutral honor|
|Change Weather||Cycle through the weather|
|Dead-Eye Level 1||Reset your Dead Eye to level 1|
|Dead-Eye Level 2||Reset your Dead Eye to level 2|
Also, the following cheats are unlocked by completing Social Club Challenges after you have created an account.
|Guns Blazing||Your shots have a chance to set enemies on fire||Pike's Basin|
|Every Shot Counts||One hit kill for everyone||Solomon's Folly (PlayStation3 exclusive)|
|Gun Set 3|| Dynamite, Double-action Revolver, Rolling Block Rifle, Henry Repeater,|
Pump-action Shotgun, and High Power Pistol
|Clear Bounty||Clear any bounty accumulated||Twin Rocks|
|Beastmaster||Tame wild animals||Legendary Marksman|
|Rise Up||All civilians have weapons and often attack||Nosalida|
|Dead-Eye Level 3||Reset Dead Eye to level 3||Fort Mercer|
|Punch Out||Knock enemies out with a single punch||Blackwater|
|Gun Set 4|| Mauser Pistol, LeMat Revolver, Throwing Knifes, Bolt Action Rifle,|
Evans Repeater, Carcano Rifle and the Semi-auto Shotgun
|Right to Bear Arms||All civilians armed with a weapon||Tesoro Azul|
Give the nuns money whenever possible. Attaining maximum honor and fame may help. A nun will eventually approach you. She will tell you that she and the other sisters have been gathering items to help your righteous cause. She will give you a cross that makes enemies less likely to hit you with bullets. Note: You must remain honorable for this to remain in effect.
Ambient challenge bonuses
Complete the indicated ask to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- Buffalo rifle: Complete Master Hunter Rank 5.
- Dead-Eye refills faster: Complete Sharpshooter Rank 10.
- Double consumables capacity: Complete Treasure Hunter Rank 10.
- Double survivalist map duration: Complete Survivalist Rank 5.
- Free stagecoaches: Complete Treasure Hunter Rank 5.
- Increased Dead-Eye: Complete Master Hunter Rank 10.
- Increased Dead-Eye: Complete Sharpshooter Rank 5.
- Increased Dead-Eye: Complete Rank 10 in all Ambient Challenges.
- Receive Tonic When Harvesting Herbs: Complete Survivalist Rank 10.
Reach the indicated level to unlock the corresponding weapon.
- Repeater Carbine : Level 2.
- Throwing Knives : Level 3.
- Volcanic Pistol : Level 5.
- Winchester Repeater : Level 8.
- Schofield Revolver : Level 9.
- Pump Shotgun : Level 11.
- Springfield Rifle : Level 13.
- Dynamite : Level 15.
- Double-Action Revolver : Level 17.
- Sawed-Off Shotgun : Level 18.
- Rolling Block Rifle : Level 20.
- Fire Bottle : Level 22.
- Semi-Automatic Pistol : Level 24.
- Semi-Automatic Shotgun : Level 26.
- Carcano Rifle : Level 28.
- Henry Repeater : Level 32.
- High Power Pistol : Level 35.
- Bolt-Action Rifle : Level 40.
- Evans Repeater : Level 43.
- LeMat Revolver : Level 46.
- Mauser Pistol : Level 49.
- Buffalo Rifle : Level 50.
Reach the indicated level to unlock the corresponding mount. Note: For the "Legendary" mounts, you must reach level 50, then continue to play in "Legendary" mode back at level 1 and level up again the indicated number of times.
- El Señor : Level 1.
- Lustiano Nag : Level 4.
- Turkmen : Level 8.
- Cleveland Bay : Level 22.
- Hungarian Half-bred : Level 33.
- American Standardbred : Level 40.
- Bonzo : Level 50.
- Buffalo: Level 50.
- Albino Buffalo: Level 50 for the second time.
- Super Bull: Level 50 for the third time.
- Zebra Donkey : Level 50 for the fourth time.
Get 100% game completion (all challenges, side-quests and items) to unlock the Bureau Uniform. When worn, local law enforcement and bounty hunters will ignore you.
In order to obtain a 100% completed game, the following tasks must be done.
- Story missions (57%).
- Stranger missions (9%), with the exception of "I Know You".
- Outfits (4.5%), which include the Elegant Suit, Rancher, Poncho, Bollard Twins, Treasure Hunters, Banditos, Reyes' Rebels, U.S. Army, and U.S. Marshals.
- Gang Hideouts (3.5%).
- Bounty Hunter (2%), which include eight in New Austin, eight in Mexico, and four in West Elizabeth (North).
- Rank 5 challenges (4%)
- Rank 10 challenges (4%), which include the ambient challenges Sharpshooter, Master Hunter, etc. Note: Reaching level 5 and 10 for each of them adds 1% to your total completion.
- Rare weapons (2.5%), which include the , Mauser Pistol, Evans Repeater, LeMat Revolver, Semi-automatic Shotgun, and Carcano Rifle.
- Jobs (2.5%), which include Nightwatch at MacFarlane's, Chuparosa, and Blackwater; and Horsebreaking at Ridgewood and Chuparosa. Note: You only need to do each location once.
- Mini-games (3%), which include Poker, Blackjack, Five Finger Fillet, Horseshoes, Liars Dice, and Arm Wrestling. Note: You must make a profit on each game.
- Map locations (6%), which can be done by purchasing the maps from general stores or finding all the locations yourself.
- Safehouses (2%), which is done by purchasing all the buyable safehouses and renting both rentable ones for a total of thirteen.
Play in online Free Roam mode. Find a gang hideout and kill all the enemies, as well as the reinforcements that appear. Loot the bodies to get money and ammunition, then leave the hideout. After a short amount of time the enemies will respawn, allowing you to repeat the process as many times as desired.
- Find one of the bird shooting challenges. They are usually easy to find; just listen for shots and watch for a lot of birds circling in the sky. Accept the challenge and intentionally lose. The wager will then double. Repeat this until you have just enough money to make one more bet. Then, watch the sky and wait until you can see the amount of birds you need to win the bet. Accept the challenge, then go into Dead Eye mode. Take down the proper amount to win. Note: It may help to have moonshine or chewing tobacco in case you run out of Dead Eye. After you win the bet, put on your bandanna and kill the man you bet against. Loot his body and he will have the same amount of cash as the final wager. The more money you have to work with, the more you can make. It is possible to loot over $20,000 from him.
- The Manazinata trading post well purchase wolf skins, meat, and hearts from for over $20 each. Equip the Expert Hunter outfit and you will double that. Wolves can be found anywhere and they travel in packs.
When you are herding, stand far back and just ride very slowly. The herd should follow the person in front of the herd.
Kill an animal, then walk over it slowly. Press R1
PlayStation3 or RB
Xbox 360 to come to a stop over the dead animal. Next, press Triangle
PlayStation3 or Y
Xbox 360 to get off, then press the button once again to skin animal, then press it one last time to get back on your horse. This works well when you are being attacked by packs of wolves or when hunting grizzlies or cougars.
Easy horse breaking
Press Left Analog-stick Left, Left Analog-stick Right repeatedly instead of following the in-game instructions. Although the horse will buck around, it will eventually end up broken.
Enter Dead Eye mode when you are low on ammunition. Your ammunition will be restored without the need to reload.
With a throwing weapon (Flame bottle, knife or dynamite) in hand, enter Dead Eye mode and try to imagine the normal targeting reticule on your screen. The target will not appear, but it works the same. If you rapidly tap R1
PlayStation3 or RB
Xbox 360 then it will be easier. When you release the object (automatic after locking on), the projectile will home in on the target. Try this with a stick of dynamite on birds; the effect is hillarious.
Getting a new horse
Once you obtain the lasso, find any herd of wild horses. Lasso and break one. After the new horse is broken in, return to a hitching post and hitch the horse. Then, return to your bunk and save the game. The horse is now yours and will come to you when you whistle for it.
More horse stamina
PlayStation3 or A
Xbox 360 while riding to maintain a slightly slower speed until stamina regenerates. This is helpful when attempting to acquire the U.S. Marshal uniform.
Get your Honor to its lowest point. When you whistle for your horse, a message stating that your Deeds have led to a dark horse becoming your stead will appear. If you do any good, it will go away.
Alternate close-quarter kills
Take out a target's legs using a throwing weapon, such as the throwing knives, or tomahawk, or even a pistol. Then, move in close, aim at the target, and press R2
PlayStation3 or RT
Xbox 360 as you normally would do for a kill. If done correctly, Marston should perform a special kill for the position of them being on their knees. Note: This works with pistols, throwing knife, tomahawk, shotgun, and rifle (not explosive). Note: This only works with people who have a gun, and that they will fire back if they are given the chance to.
Unlimited fame and honor
Go to Thieves' Landing and buy the elegant suite. Go in the saloon and play poker ($25). Get caught cheating by pulling the arrow to one side. You will have to duel someone. Shoot the gun out of their hand for extra fame and honor. Note: When you do this, the bullet may bounce off and hit someone else. They will start shooting at you. To make this easier, buy the house in town to save the game and get others off your back.
Save on demand
Use the following tricks to force the game to save.
- Change the "Audio" settings in the "Options" menu.
- Purchase two horse deeds and enter your item menu. Select a deed to summon that horse. Switch horses to force the game to save.
West Dickens urinates
Start a mission with West Dickens that requires driving or shotgunning his carriage. When you are a few hundred yards away from the mission's starting point, press Triangle PlayStation3 or Y Xbox 360 to jump free. Remain idle and do not get back on the carriage. Eventually West Dickens will jump off the carriage and begin urinating.
Kill every person and animal in a town to have it marked as a "ghost town". Check the population sign at the town's border to check your progress. The town will remain empty for the remainder of the game. Note: Wearing the Bureau Uniform while doing this is recommended.
Created by XCVii007r1.
Find a stranger that needs your help. It will say "Save the treasure hunter". After that, loot the bodies of the bandits that killed the treasure hunter. You will get the first treasure map. Note: Each treasure comes with the map to the next treasure.
- New Austin Territory
- Treasure #1: This treasure is at "Hanging Rock". Go to the base of the largest boulder and walk around it until you reach the treasure.
- Treasure #2: This treasure is east of "Rio Bravo". It is at the end of the Rio del Lobo horse path. Follow the path to the treasure.
- Treasure #3: This treasure is in the old mansion in "Umbleweed". Go to the basement and search underneath the skull that is hanging on the wall.
- Mexico Territory
- Treasure #4: This tresure is north of "Chuparosa" Find the tree of skulls and travel towards the river to the second stone wall.
- Treasure #5: This treasure is in "Puerto Cuchillo" northeast of Escalera. Climb to the top of the rock formation for the treasure. Note: After this treasure, stagecoach rides will be free.
- Treasure #6: This treasure is on the left of the giant rock arch located south of "Chuparosa"
- Treasure #7: This Treasure is northeast of "Chuparosa" Follow the path (to the left of the rock fingers) to the treasure.
- The Northern Territory
- Treasure #8: This treasure is east of your ranch at Beecher's Hope. Find the large tree that is split down the middle. Walk north of the tree in the first gap of the stone fence.
- Treasure #9: This is the last treasure. It is in the snowy mountains north of "Tall Trees" Take the horse path north of Mansinita Post until you reach a clearing. Go north and find a small cave on the side of the mountain. The treasure is on the right. Note: After this treasure you will receive the Treasure Hunter's Satchel, which holds twice as many items as a normal satchel.
Easy "Dastardly" achievement or trophy
- Created by XCVii007r1.
- Wait until a girl tries to steal your horse, or during the random encounter where there are bandits behind a stage wagon. Kill the bandits and hogtie the girl. Find a train on your map and put her on the tracks in front of it.
Easy "High-Roller" achievement or trophy
Created by XCVii007r1.
Easy "Manifest Destiny" achievement or trophy
Created by krypton321.
The Shawshank Redemption reference
Go east of Beecher's Hope to find a broken tree next to the road, with a small weathered stone wall under it. Note: This is also where the treasure is buried in level 9 of the "Treasure Hunter" challenge. This location is based on the place that Morgan Freeman's character goes to at the end of The Shawshank Redemption.
There Will Be Blood reference
The town of Plainview is a reference to the movie There Will Be Blood main character Daniel Plainview, played by Daniel Day Lewis. Take note of all the oil rigs.
ao, it cpgtgylper
Easy Red Dead Redemption T-shirt
Created by krypton321.
Easy Easy Rockstar T-shirt
Created by krypton321.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- High Roller (10 points): Win over 2000 chips in a hand of Poker.
- No Dice (10 points): Complete a game of Liar's Dice without losing a single die.
- What About Hand Grenades? (10 points): Get a ringer in a game of Horseshoes.
- Austin Overpowered (25 points): Complete Twin Rocks, Pike's Basin, and Gaptooth Breach Hideouts in Single Player.
- Evil Spirits (25 points): Complete Tumbleweed and Tesoro Azul Hideouts in Single Player.
- Instinto Asesino (25 points): Complete Fort Mercer and Nosalida Hideouts in Single Player.
- Fightin' Around the World (5 points): Knock someone out in melee in every saloon in the game in Single Player.
- Strange Things are Afoot (10 points): Complete a task for a Stranger.
- People are Still Strange (25 points): Complete 15 tasks for Strangers.
- Buckin' Awesome (10 points): Break the Kentucky Saddler, the American Standardbred, and the Hungarian Half-bred.
- Clemency Pays (10 points): Capture a bounty alive.
- Exquisite Taste (10 points): Purchase a rare weapon from a gunsmith.
- Bearly Legal (5 points): Kill and skin 18 grizzly bears.
- He Cleans Up Well! (10 points): Obtain the Elegant Suit.
- More than a Fistful (10 points): Earn $10,000 in Single Player.
- Frontiersman (20 points): Obtain Legendary rank in any Single Player Ambient Challenge.
- The Gunslinger (5 points): Score a headshot on any enemy using Expert targeting mode.
- Man of Honor / Chivalry's Dead (25 points): Attain highest Fame rank and either highest Honor rank or lowest Honor rank.
- Gold Medal (25 points): Earn a Gold Medal Rank for a combat mission in Single Player.
- On the Trail of de Vaca (10 points): Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
- Friends in High Places (10 points): Use a pardon letter with more than $5000 bounty in Single Player.
- Redeemed (100 points): Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.
- Mowing Them Down (20 points): Kill 500 enemies with a mounted weapon in any game mode.
- In a Hail of Bullets (20 points): Kill 500 enemies with any pistol or revolver in any game mode.
- Long Arm of Marston (20 points): Kill 500 enemies with any rifle, repeater, or shotgun in any game mode.
- Bullseye (20 points): Get 250 headshots in any game mode.
- Unnatural Selection (20 points): Kill one of every animal species in the game in any game mode.
- Have Gun Will Travel (20 points): Complete all Hideouts in a single public Free Roam session.
- Slow on the Draw (10 points): Get 10 assists in a single Hideout in a public Free Roam session.
- Hit the Trail (10 points): Get from Blackwater to Escalera before sundown in a public Free Roam session.
- Posse Up! (10 points): Create a posse and get the maximum number of members.
- The Quick and Everyone Else... (20 points): Be the top scoring player in any three consecutive FFA games in public matches.
- How the West Was Won (20 points): Reach the top rank for multiplayer experience.
- Go Team! (20 points): Be on the winning team for four consecutive victories in any team based game in public matches.
- Most Wanted (10 points): Become a Public Enemy for 10 minutes and escape alive in a public Free Roam session.
- Red Dead Rockstar (10 points): Kill a Rockstar or someone with this achievement in a public multiplayer match.
Additionally there are twelve secret achievements.
- That Government Boy (10 points): Complete "Exodus in America".
- Land of Opportunity (30 points): Complete "The Assault on Fort Mercer".
- Sons of Mexico (40 points): Complete "The Gates of El Presidio".
- No More Fancy Words (20 points): Complete "An Appointed Time".
- A Savage Soul (10 points): Complete "At Home with Dutch".
- The Benefits of Civilization (90 points): Complete "And the Truth Will Set You Free".
- Into the Sunset (100 points): Complete "The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed".
- Nurture or Nature? (50 points): Complete "Remember My Family".
- Dastardly (5 points): Place a hogtied woman on the train tracks, and witness her death by train.
- Spurred to Victory (10 points): Complete 20 story missions without switching to a new horse at a hitching post.
- Heading South on a White Bronco (5 points): Evade the US Marshals while riding the Hungarian Half-Bred horse in Single Player.
- Manifest Destiny (5 points): Kill the last buffalo in the Great Plains in Single Player.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Avatar Award.
- Gentleman's Attire: Complete the Rockstar Games Social Club "Skin It To Win It" challenge.
- Lady's Finest: Complete the Rockstar Games Social Club "Skin It To Win It" challenge.
- Posse T-shirt: Unlocked when the multiplayer community reaches an unspecified amount of money in The Strike It Rich! Rockstar Challenge.
- Red Dead Redemption logo T-shirt: Open a chest northwest of Riley's Charge in a burnt down building.
- Rockstar Logo T-shirt: Open a chest upstairs in the attic at the Marston Farm house at Beecher's Hope.
- Sombrero: Shoot the hat off of an enemy in Expert Aim mode.
Easy "Most Wanted" achievement
Note: The entire process takes place while the player is under the palace with the following glitch. Travel to Escalera. There is a palace at the top surrounded by cement walls. Enter through the doors. Note: Only one set of the doors work. Enter the palace and turn left. You will see a potted plant in a corner next to a bookcase. Get behind the plant by either jumping over it or walking behind it. Face the bookshelf and crouch. You should fall through the floor; if not, spin in circles while crouched until it happens. If you end up in some random room with no doors or windows, you will be stuck and must kill yourself to be freed. Once under the palace, you can shoot through the walls but no one can shoot back. To leave the glitch, simply walk out of any of the "walls." Attain a bounty of $1,000. Maintain the public enemy pursuit for ten minutes of real time. Make sure the Mexican army stays on you for that period of time. Wait for the pursuit to dissipate. Let the pursuit die out to unlock the achievement.
Never get wanted level
Go to Thieves' Landing while wearing your bandanna. Once there, you can do anything desired without getting a wanted level. Note: If you leave the town this will not work anywhere else.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs