Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
This game is titled Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition in North America, Europe, and Australia, and BioHazard 4: Wii Edition in Japan. This game is titled Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition in North America, Europe, and Australia, and Biohazard 4: Wii Edition in Japan.
- Successfully complete the game to unlock Professional mode, the "Extras" menu (with "Bonus", "Separate Ways", "Assignment Ada", "Mercenaries", and "Movie Browser" options), "Wii Edition credits" option (in the "Bonus" menu), Infinite Rocket Launcher, Matilda, and alternate costumes for Ashley, Leon, and Ada.
- Successfully complete the game under the Professional difficulty setting to unlock the PRL 412 weapon.
- Successfully complete Separate Ways mode to unlock Ashley's armored knight and Leon's suit alternate costumes.
- Successfully complete Assignment Ada and Separate ways mode to unlock the Chicago Typewriter weapon for purchase for 1 million Pesetas.
- Successfully complete Mercenaries mode with all characters with a five star rank to unlock the Handcannon weapon.
Mercenaries: Bonus characters
Get a four star or higher rank in the indicated Mercenaries mode level to unlock the corresponding character in Mercenaries mode.
- Ada Wong: Pueblo
- Albert Wesker: Waterworld
- Hunk: Island
- Jack Krauser: Castle
Mercenaries mode: Alternate costumes
Highlight a character, then select them as indicated to unlock their alternate costume.
- Assignment Ada costume: Hold [Plus] and press A.
- Leon with jacket: Hold 1 and press A.
- Leon with suit: Hold [Plus] + 1 and press A.
- Leon's Raccoon City Police Department uniform: Hold [Plus] and press A.
- Separate Ways costume: Hold 1 and press A.
There are two hidden cinematics accessible at the title
screen. One can be accessed by remaining idle at the main menu
until it starts. The other can be seen by pressing B on
the Wiimote at the same menu.
Mercenaries mode: Easy unlocking characters
When starting Mercenaries mode, play as Leon and go
to the castle. It is much easier to get a good ranking because
you can give the enemies a suplex, which almost always kills them
in one hit. When you get Krauser from the castle you can then
go to other areas, and it will make it much easier because of
Open doors faster
Tap A(2) when the "Open" command appears
by a door to kick it open quickly. Doing this will also damage
any enemies behind the door at the time you kick.
Defeating the Chainsaw Ganados
Use the following trick to defeat the Chainsaw Ganados
on the mine cart easily. Make sure you have a Rocket Launcher
and the Broken Butterfly Magnum from the castle. Also, have over
six magnum rounds. When the first Chainsaw Ganado appears, shoot
the Rocket Launcher at him before the other Ganados get in the
way. For the second one, pump all your Magnum rounds into him.
If that does not kill him, then use your Striker or Riot Gun.
Note: You might get damaged during all of this; make sure that
you have at least three First Aid Sprays, and two Herb Mixes (Green,
Red, or Green, Red, Yellow) to use if your health gets too low.
Defeating El Gigante
When fighting an El Gigante on round two, take out
your Killer 7 and shoot the parasite, or climb on its back and
cut it. Either way, this saves health, ammunition, and a lot of
frustration. Note: This is really only beneficial if you do not
have one of the special weapons.
When fighting Krauser, it is easier to fight him using your knife than shooting him. If you shoot him, he will usually block and counter. To avoid this, slash him three or four times. He will then either kneel or flinch. When he does this, take out your strongest weapon and shoot him. If you are low on bullets, you can use grenades and mines. If you are playing Separate Ways, it is easier to use your knife the entire time.
Instead of shooting for their head, shoot them in the knee then walk up to them. Instead "Kick", "Suplex" will appear. This will usually kill them instantly. This will
not work if their head is armored.
- If you find your rifle is empty, you can also defeat the Regenerator by shooting a mine into the spot around the parasite. If it is on its back, just shoot out its legs with your handgun then fire a mine into its back. If this does not work, scout out where the parasite is on the Regenerator and try again.
- When low on bullets, shoot the Regenerator in the leg with a powerful gun (for example, the magnum, rifle, or shotgun). It will fall to the ground. Run up to it and attack it with the knife. Once you start attacking it, it will not be able to fight back or stand up. Keep attacking it until it dies. Note: Regenerators can attack you while they are on the ground, so you may get hit once. However, this technique saves much needed ammunition for the island and sewers. Make sure to have at least an Herb and be ready for an action command.
Defeating U3 (It)
You can maneuver around U3 while you are in the giant
crates. When you get to the gate it will follow you. Run around
and shoot it, bringing it closer to explosive barrels. When you
run out of barrels, fire either your shotgun or magnum.
When enter the bedroom after the garden, look on the roof of the bed. You should see a sparkling object. It is a spinel.
- To earn easy money while playing through the game again, carry an empty Handcannon. It costs no money to have, but you will pick up ammunition for it occasionally. This is worth more than any other type of ammo in the game. After collecting the ammunition, sell it to the merchant. Try using the Chicago Typewriter as your main gun while doing this.
- When you get to the church, shoot the bell. Every three times you shoot it, some villagers will appear. Kill them and you will receive anything from Pesetas to ammo and herbs. You may do this as many times as desired. Its effective if you have a lot of ammo or the Chicago Typewriter.
- After you use the chief's false eye to open the door, walk up the hill until the truck comes at you. Shoot it as usual and get back. Once it explodes walk back up the hill, but go backwards. Keep going all the way to the castle and you will avoid facing the enemies that would usually appear.
- Use the following trick to get through the town the first time. Rather than wasting ammunition and possibly dying, after you enter the house, run upstairs, kick out the ladder, and jump out. Then, go to the top of the tower in the corner of the town. The villagers will throw Molotov cocktails into the tower, but they cannot kill you. After awhile the villagers will go into the church. After this happens you can use Herbs or a First Aid Spray to restore your health. Because the villagers are gone, you can also check the houses for ammunition and PTAS.
- If you find yourself surrounded by some parasites of Los Ganados or Los Illuminados and do not want to waste ammo, quickly throw a flash grenade. Once it explodes it should make the parasites explode and die, saving your other ammunition.
- After completing Separate Ways you will unlock the armor suit for Ashley. Press Plus to make her wait and run a short distance away. If an enemy tries to pick her up in the suit they will fall down, as if they were shot in the leg. When this happens, run up and attack them with your knife until they get up. You can also use her to distract enemies and take them on one at a time.
- When playing through the game under the Professional difficulty, you may find yourself running out of ammunition just before a part where you desperately need it. When this happens, run back to a merchant and upgrade your weapon's "Capacity". This will refill your clip with extra ammunition, giving you a full chamber.
- When facing a Ganado, Illuminado, or Militia at close range that is either alone or a reasonable distance from other enemies, you can forgo shooting him five or six times with a pistol, a few times with a shotgun, or wasting an a large amount of TMP rounds on him, just to see him stand up and start waddling towards you again. Using only your pistol weapon (because handgun ammunition is by far the most common and a single round most likely will not be missed), take aim at the Ganado and shoot him in the face. As soon as you do this, he will most likely recoil and start writhing in pain for a few seconds. Use this opportunity to run up to him and kick him so that he dies or gets knocked to the ground. If he does not die and is just lying on the ground stunned, immediately run to him so that you are standing not exactly above his body, but close enough that you can look directly down at him and pull your knife on him. It is important that instead of using the quick knife (flicking the Wiimote) that you manually aim (hold Nunchuk C and press A) because it is stronger than the quick knife attack. Keep tapping A to knife him as many times as possible. Usually he will be able to get up while you are knifing him, but do not worry about this -- as you do damage to him, he will either die on the ground, die as he gets up, or your constant attacking will cause him to recoil yet again. Whichever way this goes, you will have only wasted one bullet on him. Note: If more enemies are coming, you may have to back off the target if they get too close. If this happens, take out your shotgun weapon and blasting them all to the ground as they are grouped around you, then throw an incendiary or hand grenade in the midst of them and blowing them up. They will all be dead and you will have still wasted less ammo than you would have if you just shot them all. Also, the single bullet-kick-knife strategy only works on regular infantry, meaning that all attempts to use this on Chainsaw Ganados, Chaingun Militia, or any other infrequent enemy that has more than standard health will result in failure. Also note that on Militia and some Illuminados, you can bypass the knifing by doing a "suplex" if prompted instead of "kick" which will almost always kill your enemy on the spot.
After you survive the attack in the house, make sure you still have the incendiary grenade from upstairs. When you see the Merchant, look at his eyes with a rifle. If they are red, throw the incendiary grenade at him. He will scream like one of the male villagers does when you throw an incendiary grenade at them. Note: In different areas the scream will be different. For example, at the island he will scream like a soldier.
Luis kills Leon
During the house scene shortly after getting Ashley, shoot Luis five or six times. There will be an intermission where Luis is shot in the arm. He will then say "Adios, Leon!" and shoot him twice in the heart. Note: This will cause a game over.
Leon hat trick
To make Leon do a special trick with his hat, unlock the gangster costume and Chicago Typewriter. At any point in the game while in Leon's gangster costume, take out the Chicago Typewriter,
aim, and shake the Wiimote to reload. Leon will make a noise and move his hat. If you do this four times he will throw his hat in the air and catch it on his head.
Ashley is indestructible
When Ashley is wearing her alternate armor suit she
is indestructible. If anyone tries to pick her up they will fall
down. When knives, bows, or chainsaws hit her, she is unaffected.
When you play as Ashley and a zombie grabs you by the neck, he
drops you immediately. When the movable armor suits swing their
swords down on her she never gets hurt. When Leon has to catch
Ashley he catches her and nearly falls over then holds his back
in pain. When Ashley crawls on his back he grunts in pain.
erbplur vfrhsbw, c
Equip your handgun and aim the on-screen reticule at
any torch or suspended light. Often times the reticule will turn
red and deliver a slight jolt in the Wiimote to indicate ammo
or a treasure that you can shoot from the light and retrieve.
This is a slight advantage not available in previous versions
of the game.
Always choose your equipped weapon according to where you are, to save health and ammunition. Shotguns fire in a wide area but at short range. They are stronger when your enemy is closer. The TMP or other machine guns fire rapidly at medium range, with each round doing not a lot of damage individually. It is a good weapon for a small group of enemies that is too spread out for a shotgun to be effective. A pistol weapon is always good for large rooms or areas that have enemies so spread out that you would just waste a lot of ammo using the TMP because of how much empty space you would be shooting at to get from one enemy to another. Rifles are obviously good for shooting Regenerators or taking out unsuspecting foes from a long distance. Grenades are short range, large area, and huge damage (except for flash grenades), but are no good in close quarters because they will inevitably do damage to you. They are best used in areas with a lot of enemies in any size group that is not very spread out and at a decent distance away from you, or are all on the ground because you have blasted them with a shotgun. Flash grenades are best used when you need just a few seconds to reload a weapon or to get to a safe distance (through a door, up a ladder, etc.).
|Pistol||Medium to large or open||Wide spread, close-medium range|
|Shotgun||Closed or narrow||Closely grouped, close range (hallways and buildings)|
|Machine gun||Medium to large or open||Loosely grouped, close to medium range|
|Rifle||Large or open||Very wide spread, far away|
|Grenade||Any||Closely or loosely grouped, close range, preferably stunned or knocked down|
- Disconnect the Nunchuk when the game loads. When prompted to attach the Nunchuk, attach the Classic Controller instead. You can play classic style Laser Sight and all.
- Remove the Nunchuk and insert a Gamecube controller into port one. You will now have a laser sight on your weapons and be able to use all of the Gamecube's normal controls. Note: This is very helpful for sniping.
After completing Separate Ways, select Special Outfit #2. During some of the intermission sequences (for example, the scene after the village), Leon will be in his standard clothes. After the scene, he will then be in the special outfit.
When you go into the room to fight Salzaar, look in front of Leon. The room looks just like when you fight him. However when you step forward, there is an intermission sequence where Salazaar is standing on a platform that was not there before with one of his guards.
Defeating Chief Mendez
When you enter the building where you fight Chief Mendez, or "The Big Cheese", there is a glitch that will allow you to defeat him with minimal damage. After the short intermission sequence where Leon blows up Chief Mendez with the gas tank, you will have to fight him. Run up the ladder directly behind to go to the catwalk then go left. Go left again on the catwalk. There will be a group of metal boards nailed to the railing atop the catwalk. If you wait there for about five seconds and remain absolutely still, Chief Mendez will just keep walking into the catwalk, and not be able to hurt you. If you are observant enough, you can see a small square cut out of the bottom right corner of the boards. You will be able to shoot him in the face, and he cannot hurt you. This may not work if you are standing too far to the left or right of the boards on the railing. This also only works when he is in his first centipede-like mutation. It only works before he begins swinging on the beams.
Equip the shotgun and find a small area with a door. When at least two enemies come through, shoot the one that is closest to you. The other should run back through the door and go to a different part of the area you are in, as if you were somewhere else. Note: This will sometimes not work. Also, this can only be used for a short break in a fight; the enemy will somehow regain his or her senses and go back to you in after several seconds.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs