Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)
This game is titled Resident Evil 5 in North America and Biohazard 5 in Japan.
- Successfully complete the game under any difficulty setting to unlock the following bonuses.
- Chris' Safari and Sheva's Clubbin' alternate costumes
- "History Of Resident Evil" option
- "Infinity ammunition" option (must fully upgrade a weapon then purchase the unlimited ammo from the "Bonus Features" section with points)
- Mercenaries mode
- New Game+ mode
- Play as Sheva Alomar
- Successfully complete the game under five hours (get an "S" rank) under any difficulty setting to unlock the Infinity Rocket Launcher.
- Successfully complete the game under the Amateur difficulty setting to unlock the "Classic Horror Filter" option.
- Successfully complete the game under the Normal difficulty setting to unlock the "Retro Filter" option.
- Successfully complete the game under the Veteran difficulty setting to unlock the following bonuses.
- "Noise Filter" option
- Professional difficulty
Mercenaries mode: Characters
Earn an "A" or higher rank in the indicated Mercenaries mode mission to unlock the corresponding character.
- Chris (Safari): "The Village" mission
- Chris (S.T.A.R.S.): "Experimental Facility" mission
- Jill (Battle Suit): "Ship Deck" mission
- Jill (B.S.A.A.): "Public Assembly" mission
- Sheva (Clubin): "Ancient Ruins" mission
- Sheva (Tribal): "Missile Area" mission
- Wesker (Midnight): "The Mines" mission
- Wesker (S.T.A.R.S.): "The Prison" mission
Chris' S.T.A.R.S costume
Collect 25 B.S.A.A. emblems.
Sheva's Tribal costume
Collect 30 B.S.A.A. emblems.
Upgrade the indicated weapon fully to unlock the corresponding bonus weapon for purchase from the shop.
- Gatling gun for Chris: Fully upgrade the VZ61 machine gun.
- Hydra triple barrel shotgun: Fully upgrade the Ithaca M37 shotgun.
- Longbow for Sheva: Fully upgrade the S75 rifle.
- M93R pistol (Samurai Edge Custom): Fully upgrade the M92F pistol.
- Smith and Wesson M500 Magnum (Handcannon): Fully upgrade the Smith and Wesson M29 Magnum.
- This trick will help you gain money to max out and buy all the weapons. In any chapter, collect as much gold, items, ammunition, and treasure you can find. When you are satisfied, pause game play and quit the game. Save the game when prompted. Restart any desired chapter. The "Shop" menu will appear before the start of any chapter. Notice that all the gold, treasure, weapons, and ammunition from your previous saved game are still in your inventory. From there, you can sell anything you want to gain some fast cash. This glitch can be done repeatedly, on any chapter.
- Go through a chapter, collecting as many hand grenades as possible. Then, start Co-op mode with a friend, system link, or over the Internet. Give your partner all of your grenades and have them exit the game. After they leave, your AI partner will still have all of the grenades. Make sure you request them back. While you do this, your friend that left can sell the ones he took with him. You can have up to five in each slot, and they sell for 250 gold each. You will gain 11,322 gold each time you do this (if you have all your slots full). This is also a good way to stock up on ammunition.
- As soon as you defeat the Uruoburos for the second time you can repeat the beginning of that chapter and collect lots of money and ammunition (especially for the machine gun). Repeat this several times and you will be able to upgrade every weapon in your arsenal.
- Once you have completed the game, go to Chapter 5-1 (Underground Garden). Bring extra ammunition if possible. Follow the chapter until you have reached the part with all the Lickers. Do not press the button to the elevator yet. Kill all the Lickers that are there, then gather all the treasures and money they dropped. Press the button to the elevator. When you do this, about four or five more Lickers will appear. Also kill them. Once again, gather the treasures. Then, quit the game and repeat until satisfied. You should make about 10,000 gold selling the treasures the Lickers drop. There are no enemies except for the Lickers you are meant to defeat, which will make for easy money for weapon upgrades.
- The best way to stockpile gold for upgrades is to replay the beginning of Chapter 4-1. Start by running forward en route to the cave entrance. Once in the cave, run forward and a cinematic will play, introducing the Bui Kichwa spiders. These can be taken out swiftly with a flash grenade, but are also easy enough to plow through with a pistol and/or knife. Dispatch the first few spiders you see, then run past the ladder and into the small room at the back. Run to the vase, turn around, and look up to shoot a gem off the ceiling. Also, grab the gem from the chest. Backtrack and go up the ladder. Take out the spider then proceed onwards down the winding cave. Just past the first few vases, knife the standing torch for a gem. After taking out a slew of spiders, proceed forward and knife the ground torch for another gem. When you reach the bottom there are three gems to be found. One is in the skull on the right. The other two are on the left-hand side; one in the standing torch, and one on the ground in a skull. This takes about four minutes and yields 8,000 gold in gems, plus an additional 2,000 gold if a Bui Kichwa drops a rotten egg. You should also pick up a variety of ammo and grenades after doing this for awhile, so it is well worth your time. Additionally, you may continue forward through the door at the bottom of the cave. If you choose to, then do as follows. Run forward and jump down. Shoot at the wall over the entrance to the next room for a gem. Keep moving until you find a tomb that you can open for 900 gold. In the next room, knife the lantern for a gem. Proceed forward for a cinematic. After that, drop down and mow through all the Majini in your path, stopping for another gem found in the ground torch behind the masked Majini with a crossbow. After taking care of the shielded Majinis, walk into the first room and collect two gems and 700 gold from the tomb. In the next room, grab the gem from the ground torch and the one held by a mummy. Once you fall down the trick tomb, take care of the Bui Kichwa and the Majini who appear, then retrieve the three gems from the chests. Quit after this point if you came this far. This half of the trek yields 12,000 gold in gems plus additional gold, ammo, grenades, herbs, etc. found along the way. It usually takes seven to eight minutes to do this. Note: It can be annoying to keep fighting all the Majini; you can choose to only follow the first part before repeating.
- Start the Marshlands chapter and go up to the body of the dead soldier. Ignore the slate and pick up the beetle on the wall, the ruby in the mask, and the barrel contents. Then visit the following locations in no particular order: the island hut full of chickens, sinking boat, triangle huts, and village. At the chicken island, collect some eggs, the treasure in the house, and the barrel contents on the lookout. At the sinking boat, get the barrel and the rocket launcher. At the triangle huts, get the other beetle, the barrel contents, and the treasure on the lookout. There is also an insignia near the ceiling to shoot. At the village, get the emerald and all the barrels and jars. There is also a ruby in a mask on a post near a hut and the treasure. Do not get any slate pieces. Quit and go to "Item Management". Sell the treasures, eggs, and anything else that you do not need. Put the rocket launcher in storage and repeat the process until you are wealthy and have plenty of rocket launchers to make the boss battles easier. Use the money to level up your weapons. You can get roughly 15,000 gold each time. If you need to stock up on machine gun bullets, do the same thing in the Chapter 2-1 storage room. A blue insignia is also there. In the Caves, you can use your rocket launcher to take out the bat Boss. You will get a green gem worth 10,000 gold, which when added to all the other cave treasure, can increase your money dramatically.
Efficient ammo, grenade, and herb farming
Start Chapter 6-2 with only the bare essentials you need to survive. It is recommended that you only bring one good handgun or shotgun weapon (for example, fully upgraded M92F, Jailbreaker -- because ammo will be more than plentiful) each for Chris and Sheva. If you feel you are proficient enough with your chosen weapon, you can take only one weapon for your chosen player and leave the other character's inventory completely empty so they can carry ammo and herbs. Get through the cutscene and interactive sequence. Once inside the tanker, scavenge any ammunition and herbs you can find. Do not forget the two chalices in the lockers for extra money. Once you are ready, head out to fight the Uroboros that Excella has now become. Do not finish her off until you have filled your bags with all the ammo and herbs you can carry. Begin by shooting the orbs on the ends of the tentacles until they are gone. This will prompt the Boss to start shooting small Uroboros creatures at you and your partner. Stay on the lower level (where the satellite aiming gun is located) so that you can command your partner to quickly pick up ammo. Begin shooting the small spawns the Boss is tossing at you, and each one will randomly drop some sort of item. It is best to separate the types of ammo each person picks up. For example, have Chris collect all the shotgun and pistol ammo while Sheva gets all the grenades and herbs, etc. This will help maximize space in your inventories and allow you manage the space efficiently. Repeat this process and dodge the Boss attacks (they are indicated by a context menu), and shoot the small spawns to keep collecting ammo and herbs. They commonly drop handgun and shotgun ammo and plenty of herbs and incendiary and hand grenades. Doing this for about five to ten minutes will net a large amount of ammo and herbs because the Boss will continuously spawn the small monsters until it is defeated. Once you are satisfied with your farming run, finish off the Boss through whatever means you desire and finish the episode for some quick exchange points. As long as you do not die and keep your firing accuracy up, it should be an easy "S" rank on practically any difficulty. Repeat the entire process if desired.
Easy quick game
Use the following trick to get a combined clear time for the entire game of under five hours (to unlock unlimited RPG ammunition). A really easy way of doing this is to play under the Amateur difficulty setting and just run pass all enemies. Only kill story-driven enemies (ones that hold key cards or those that must be defeated to advance the game). Also, avoid any crates, barrels, or treasures. Attempting this with a friend instead of the CPU-controlled Sheva is recommended. Note: You do not need to purchase the infinite ammo in "Bonus Features" as you would do for normal guns.
If you have a lot of money, and have unlocked a particular gun, you can buy that gun and sell it for a very reduced price. However, when you sell the gun, whatever ammunition inside it when being sold is be transferred to your inventory, allowing you to "buy" ammo, albeit at a very high price Note: Buy the lowest cost type of gun because the ammunition is universal. For example, it does not matter which pistol to buy, as long as you are trying to get pistol ammunition.
nenp, lifhgip lsihpiyl
Use a weak weapon, such as a pistol. Shoot a Majini in the shin. If it bends over holding its knee, then run close beside it until you see the command "Neck Breaker". Note: With Sheva the command will be "Throat Slit". As soon as you see this command, press Square
PlayStation3 or X
Xbox 360 and it should result in an instant kill with one shot of the pistol. You can do this with multiple characters in Mercenaries mode for a one hit kill.
If both players stand in front each other and one of them heals themselves, both persons will get healed.
Devil May Cry 2 reference
The name for the virus in Resident Evil 5, Uroboros, is also used as a name for the corporation in Devil May Cry 2, another Capcom game.
Lure away move
Click Left Analog-stick + Right Analog-stick to do a "lure away move", where Chris will say "Come on, come on!", or Sheva and Jill will whistle. This actually lures away regular enemies towards you just in case your partner is low on health, trying to pull something off, crank something, etc.
Mercenaries mode: Wesker's Dash move
While playing as Wesker in Mercenaries mode, click the Right Analog-stick to dash. You can press X during a dash to do a knee attack.
Unlock Pro difficulty early
This trick requires an Xbox Live Gold account. Select "Join Game" and leave all the options to "None Specified". Once done, find a game set to "Pro". If you cannot find one, refresh the list or wait some time before checking again. When you are done, Pro mode should be unlocked for you without having to first completing the game under the Veteran difficulty setting. Note: It is recommended that you first complete the game so you have the "Infinite Ammo" option available. Having an Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher, Infinite Ammo L. Hawk Magnum, Infinite Ammo Hydra Shotgun, Bulletproof Vest, Melee Vest, and a lot of First Aid Sprays is also recommended.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Completed Chapter 1 - 1 (15 points): Complete Chapter 1 - 1 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 1 - 2 (15 points): Complete Chapter 1 - 2 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 2 - 1 (15 points): Complete Chapter 2 - 1 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 2 - 2 (15 points): Complete Chapter 2 - 2 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 2 - 3 (15 points): Complete Chapter 2 - 3 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 3 - 1 (15 points): Complete Chapter 3 - 1 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 3 - 2 (15 points): Complete Chapter 3 - 2 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 3 - 3 (15 points): Complete Chapter 3 - 3 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 4 - 1 (15 points): Complete Chapter 4 - 1 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 4 - 2 (15 points): Complete Chapter 4 - 2 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 5 - 1 (15 points): Complete Chapter 5 - 1 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 5 - 2 (15 points): Complete Chapter 5 - 2 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 5 - 3 (15 points): Complete Chapter 5 - 3 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 6 - 1 (15 points): Complete Chapter 6 - 1 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 6 - 2 (15 points): Complete Chapter 6 - 2 on any difficulty setting.
- Completed Chapter 6 - 3 (15 points): Complete Chapter 6 - 3 on any difficulty setting.
- Recruit (15 points): Complete all chapters on Amateur.
- Soldier (15 points): Complete all chapters on Normal.
- Veteran (30 points): Complete all chapters on Veteran.
- War Hero (70 points): Complete all chapters on the most difficult setting.
- Egg Hunt (15 points): Find all 4 types of eggs. (Video)
- All Dressed Up (30 points): Purchase all available alternative costumes in Bonus Features.
- Stockpile (30 points): Obtain all available weapons.
- Take It to the Max (30 points): Completely upgrade all weapons.
- They Belong in a Museum (30 points): Obtain all treasures in the game.
- Badge of Honor (30 points): Find all the BSAA emblems.
- They're ACTION Figures! (30 points): Collect all the figurines.
- A Friend in Need (15 points): Save partner 10 times when HELP is displayed.
- Lifeguard (15 points): Save partner 10 times when DYING is displayed.
- Exploding Heads (15 points): Pull off 20 headshots. (Video)
- A Cut Above (15 points): Defeat 5 enemies with the Knife. (Video)
- Cattle Prod (15 points): Defeat 30 enemies with the Stun rod. (Video)
- Crowd Control (15 points): Defeat 30 enemies with the Gatling gun.
- Bull's-eye (15 points): Defeat 30 enemies with the Longbow.
- Get Physical (15 points): Defeat 20 enemies with physical attacks.
- The Works (15 points): Chain the maximum number of combos together in one go.
- Lead Aspirin (30 points): Defeat a Majini with a headshot while it's jumping.
- Fireworks (15 points): Shoot an enemy Molotov cocktail, dynamite stick, or hand grenade.
- Be the Knife (60 points): Deflect a bow gun arrow with your knife.
- Meat Shower (15 points): Defeat 3 Majini with one grenade or proximity bomb.
- Go into the Light (15 points): Defeat 2 enemies with one flash grenade. (Video)
- Ride the Lightning (15 points): Defeat a Majini using the electric current from a transformer.
- Stop, Drop, & Roll (15 points): Defeat 3 Majini at once by setting oil canisters on fire.
- Baptism by Fire (15 points): Defeat 3 Majini at once with a drum or gas tank explosion.
- Masters of Removing (15 points): Work together to save someone special.
- Bad Blood (15 points): Inflict a set amount of damage to your greatest enemy.
- Drive By (30 points): Stop an armored truck by taking out the driver.
- Egg on Your Face (15 points): Defeat a Majini with a rotten egg.
- Heart Stopper (15 points): Defeat a Licker by stabbing it in the heart. (Video)
- Who Do You Trust? (30 points): Build up a certain level of trust with your partner. (Video)
- At the beginning of Chapter 2-1, you will be in a garage with two Humvees, numerous breakable crates, and a machine gun. Pick up any items you wish, including the machine gun. End the game, and select "Yes" to overwrite your current equipment. Continue the game from the main menu. You will have gained your items, as well as the machine gun. From here you can sell the machine gun back for quick money, then repeat the process over again. This is an easy way to help upgrade your weapons early, as well as max your ammo out.
- This trick requires two players on Xbox Live, and potentially system link. Go to Chapter 5-3 and start the fight with Wesker. On the way, there are two or three Reapers, a necklace, and some Lickers, all of which result in about 15,000 to 20,000 gold. Once in the fight with Wesker, have him throw a player through the door. Then, run up stairs and have both players shove the casket lid off to get another gem. The player that will receive the gold must not host the game, because the host will only receive some money. Defeat Wesker within his seven minutes (Magnums recommended) and he will drop the Heart of Africa, which is worth 10,000 gold alone, making it the most valuable gem in the game. Once he drops it, you can pick it up during the fight with Jill. Once it is picked up, have the second player leave the game and save their current equipment. Then, have the second player rejoin and the host restart from the last checkpoint. The checkpoint will be the start of Jill's fight, meaning that one can pick the gem up again. Repeat this as many times as necessary.
- When you get a rotten egg, let a co-op partner join you and give it to them. Start a chapter. After the "Saving" message appears at the top left corner, die. Have them enter the inventory menu and give the rotten egg back to the host. The partner that joined you should go to the Xbox Dashboard. Invite him or her again. Notice that both you and your partner has the rotten egg. Do this multiple times to duplicate the eggs. When you have about 100 rotten eggs, give all of them to your co-op partner. Repeat the method until the host ends up with 200 rotten eggs. The host can sell all of them for about 1,200,000 gold. After that, start a chapter so the "Saving" message appears again. Then, quit the game and let your co-op partner host the game. Now that your co-op partner is the host, he or she must give all those eggs to you. Start a chapter, die again, then give all those eggs to the host (your first co-op partner). You must go to the Xbox Dashboard this time. The host can now sell all of the eggs so both of you get 1,200,000 gold pieces. Notice that you still have the rotten eggs because you went to the Xbox Dashboard, you can now buy all the weapons and most of the upgrades. If you need more money, repeat the glitch.
- Find a rotten egg in Co-op mode. It is worth 2,000 gold. One player will be acting as a "bank". Before every level, go into an inventory screen to organize it. Both players must have their inventory empty, but the player with the egg needs to keep it in his or her inventory. Start the game and it will save automatically when the level loads. After it saves, have the player with the rotten egg give it to their partner. Once the egg is transferred, quit the game. You will be asked if you want to overwrite your inventory. The player that gave the egg must choose "No", and the player that is now holding the egg mush choose "Yes". The player that is giving the egg will still have it in his or her inventory, and the other player will now have one. Continue this process and the egg count will continue to double until your inventory is full with 45 eggs. Once a player has 45 eggs they can keep them in their inventory and keep giving and quitting without saving so he or she will always have 45 eggs until the desired amount is the "bank" player's inventory. Always save 45 eggs in the event you have to repeat this trick in the future.
- Start any level in Campaign mode. Sign in as the profile that you want the duplicated items to be given to. Sign in another profile and create a split screen game. While in the pregame "Items Management", give any items you want duplicated to player two. After entering the level, give all the items player two has to player one, then quit. When prompted to save your inventory, say "Yes" for player one and "No" for player two. Repeat this several times to get large quantities of any tradable item. For a large amount of money, swap out rotten or gold eggs for 2,000 and 1,000 gold each. They are the most valuable swappable item you can find.
- Host a game on Xbox Live and invite a friend. While in the inventory menu just before starting the game, give your friend whatever item you wish to duplicate. Start the game. Once both hit the "Ready" button, have the host quickly exit to the Xbox 360 Dashboard. This will allow the other person to save the items and exit the game. When the host starts up the game, he will still have the items that he gave away and so will the other person. This is very useful, especially for the rotten eggs because you will not be limited to 45 eggs per glitch. You can do as many times as desired.
Sheva shortcut during Wesker's final form
Note: This only works in Split-screen or Co-op mode; you cannot do this alone. In the final level where you encounter Wesker's final form, there is a brief stage where Chris and Sheva are separated. Chris will need to push a boulder to reunite them. Sheva will also have to jump over a gap, but she will start to hang from the edge at the other side. This is sometimes difficult because the player controlling Sheva will have to tap buttons furiously to get up. Wesker will first follow Chris, but after taking some damage he will change his mind and attack Sheva instead. When this happens a short cinematic starts, where Wesker jumps to Sheva. If you can time your attacks so that Sheva jumps exactly when Chris damages Wesker so that the cinematic is displayed, Sheva will automatically warp to the other side without having to endure the button pressing sequence.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs