Gold star rank
Complete a puzzle to have it marked with a Silver star at the puzzle selection screen. Retry a puzzle marked with a Silver star to play it in Advanced mode. In this mode, you must complete the same level three times in a row using different objects in each attempt. Successfully complete the puzzle in Advance mode to have it marked with a Gold star at the puzzle selection screen.
Original Scribblenaut costume
Successfully complete all puzzle and action challenge levels in Advance mode. This costume was the original design for the main character before Maxwell was developed.
Alternate title screen
Type one of the following words at the Sandbox mode title screen to change the background.
- rain then select "rain(water)"
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding merit. Note: You will receive the merit only after completing the level.
- 5th Cell: Spawn a 5th Cell employee.
- All New: Complete a level with objects you have never used before.
- Architect: Write two buildings.
- Arrrrrr: Attach the Jolly Roger to a flagpole.
- Audiophile: Write two or more instruments or audio objects.
- Bioterrorist: Introduce the plague and infect two or more people.
- Botanist: Write two or more plants.
- Chauffeur: Drive a vehicle with more than one passenger.
- Chef: Write two or more foods.
- Closet: Write two or more clothes.
- Combo: Combine any two objects together.
- Cupid: Shoot a humanoid with Cupid's arrow.
- Decorator: Write two furniture objects.
- Electrolysis: Shock someone with electricity.
- Elemental: Write more than one element.
- Entertainer: Write two or more entertainment objects.
- Entomologist: Spawn two or more insects.
- Environmentalist: Write two or more environmental objects.
- Explosive: Spawn two or more objects that explode.
- Exterminator: Two or more humanoids or animals start a level, and are destroyed.
- Fantasynovel: Write two fantasy objects.
- Fashion Designer: Cloth Maxwell's head, body, legs, feet and give him an accessory.
- Firefighter: Put out at least two fires.
- Genius: Complete a level twice in a row.
- Glutton: Feed someone or something three times in a row.
- Gold Digger: Spawn three or more precious stones.
- Grab and Go: Write two or more grabbing tool objects.
- Haxxor: Write five or more developers.
- Healer: Spawn two or more medical objects.
- Herpetologist: Write two or more reptiles.
- Humanitarian: Write two or more humans.
- Infected: Spawn a zombie and make it infect at least two humanoids.
- Janitor: Spawn two or more cleaning objects.
- Jockey: Use an animal as a vehicle.
- Joust: Defeat a knight while Maxwell is mounted.
- Knight School: Kill a dragon using a melee weapon.
- Luddite: Short out three or more objects.
- Lumberjack: Cut down three or more trees.
- Mad Hatter: Place a hat on four or more humanoids or animals.
- Magician: Use the magic wand to turn something into a toad.
- Marine Biologist: Write two or more fish.
- Mechanic: Jump start a vehicle.
- Messiah: Turn a humanoid into a deity.
- Militant: Use two weapons and one weaponized vehicle.
- Miner 49er: Dig a massive hole.
- Miser: Obtain a total of 300,000 or more Ollars.
- New Object: Write a completely new item.
- No Weapons: Do not write a weapon to complete a level.
- Novice Angler: Catch a fish with a fishing pole.
- Old School: Write two or more classic videogame objects.
- Organ Donor: Spawn two or more organs.
- Ornithologist: Write two or more birds.
- Paleontologist: Spawn two or more dinosaurs.
- Pariah: Make 3 humanoids or animals flee.
- Pi: Earn exactly 314 Ollars in a level.
- Picasso: Write two or more drawing object tools.
- Pilot: Spawn two or more aircraft.
- Prodigy: Complete a level three times in a row.
- Pyromaniac: Set at least four objects on fire in a level.
- Reanimator: Bring a corpse back to life.
- Roped In: Write two or more rope objects.
- Russian Doll: Place an object inside another object, and then place that object into a third object.
- Savior: Two or more humanoids or animals start and finish a level alive.
- Sea Two: Write two or more sea vehicles.
- Series of Tubes: Spawn "tube" five times.
- Shoveler: Spawn two or more digging objects.
- Smasher: Write two or more melee weapons.
- Smuggler: Hide an item in a container.
- Split Personality: Write two or more cutting or splitting tool objects.
- Stealth: Destroy a security camera.
- Sweet Tooth: Write two or more junk foods.
- Tooling Around: Write two or more tool objects.
- Washington: Chop down a Cherry tree.
- Water Jockey: Use a sea animal as a vehicle.
- Whisperer: Ride a hostile animal.
- Zookeeper: Write two or more animals.
Spawn a teleporter at the title screen. Use it to access the secret moon level.
Spawn a teleporter and use it to travel to one of the three secret levels.
Use the words "Time Machine" to get a Time Machine. When you ride it, you will randomly go to medieval times, prehistoric times, or on top of a space shuttle.
Mounting hostile animals or creatures
- Note: This can also be done with legendary creatures. Summon the creature's favorite food three times (most of the time it is "Meat", but it can differ). Summon a creature. Let him eat the food. When he eats food three consecutive times, he will fall asleep. Summon a "Saddle". Put the saddle on the creature. Wake the creature by interacting with it. If this does not work, use an "Alarm". When the creature is awake, either tap on the "Saddle" or select the option "Ride". Note: Some creatures cannot only walk, but also fly or swim underwater. Also, remember that legendary creatures can be very useful to fight against other creatures, but they are not invulnerable. Make sure the food is in range, because the creature in question might attack you. Some animals or creatures can be mounted without the saddle.
- Simply use a "Mind Control Device".
In the last level, 10-11, in Action mode, walk toward the star and finish the level. You can do this repeatedly to receive a lot of Ollars.
The Blob is immune to all attacks except for some from man-made weapons, such as the flamethrower. This clears dragons, Minotaurs and even the Grim Reaper. Transport the Blob around the level and defeat enemies one by one for a clear path.
Killing a Vampire
- For an easy kill, create a "Sun". It will reduce any Vampire to dust and also turn Werewolves to human form.
- Alternately, you can always use "Garlic", "Cross", or "Stake".
Move vending machine
You can attach handcuffs to a Starite and place the handcuffs in a vending machine. Then, pick up the vending machine and move it to you.
Reusing Challenge mode words
Use the following trick to reuse the same word in three different trials. Simply add an adjective in front of a word and the game to be able to use it again.
Write the following words to get the indicated item.
- "Black Hole" (small black hole that gathers any enemy or object then disappears)
- "Chi" (Flying Chinese dragon you can ride)
- "Da Man" (Scribblenauts game)
- "Freeze Ray" (briefly freeze enemies in an ice cube)
- "Invincibility Cloak" (become immune to damage)
- "Invisibility Cloak" (cannot be seen by enemy creatures)
- "Pocket Knife" (useful weapon)
- "Lunar Rover" or "Lunar Lander" (cancels gravity)
- "Reindeer" (can fly)
- "Saint Nick" (spawn a man with a monkey face)
- "Shrink Ray" (shrinks enemy creatures)
- "Virgin" (spawn a gamer)
- "X-ray Vision" or "Night Goggles" (enables different views)
- "Zombie Repellent" (repels zombies)
Creature and monster words
Write the following words.
- Popular Cryptid monsters
- Flatwoods Monster
- Jersey Devil
- Lizard Man
- Loch Ness Monster
- Legendary creatures
- Dragon God
- Medusa or Naga (both words summon the same creature)
- Folkloric creatures
- Vampire or Blood
- Wood Elf
- Zombie or Undead
- Religious figures
- Note: If you summon an "Ambrosia" and give it to a human character you summoned, that same character will turn into a Godly Figure (a man will turn into a God and a woman into a Goddess)
- Satan or Demon
- Internet memes
- Created by PKLucas531.
- All Your Base Are Belong To Us
- Ceiling Cat
- Do Not Want
- Dramatic Chipmunk
- Giant Enemy Crab
- I See What You Did There
- Keyboard Cat
- Leeroy Jenkins
- Loituma Girl
- Lol Wut (enables Big Head mode)
- Monorail Cat
- NeoGAF or Gaf
- Ninja Shark
- O rly, Ya rly, or No wai
- Om Nom Nom Nom
- Over 9000
- Post Two One Seven
- Rick Roll
- Spaghetti Cat
- Ur Mom (spawns a zombie)
- H.P. Lovecraft related creatures and objects
You can interact with the following creatures as indicated.
- Cupid: If he dies you can use his "Cupid Bow", which makes offensive animals you spawned more friendly; or you can always summon a "Cupid Bow".
- Santa: He gives you random gifts, while your character automatically gives him something he wants, like a cookie.
- Centaur: Can be ridden and is fast moving.
- Siren: If you also summon a Mermaid they will fight each other.
- Mermaid: If you also summon a Siren they will fight each other.
- Rick Roll: He dances, then explodes without warning.
Note: Most, if not any of these "Magic" objects will not have any effect when used in water. When in contact with water they will simply vanish.
- Red Magic: Use it on something, and upon contact it will explode. Useful to detonate TNT or explosive compounds
- Blue Magic: Use it on almost any object to freeze it. It will melt over time.
- Green Magic: Turns any living object to a frog. Alternately, a "Wand" will do the same thing.
- Dark Magic/Black Magic: Will turn any living object into a Skeleton Warrior. Be careful, Skeleton Warriors are naturally offensive.
Type in the word "WINGS" then put them on Maxwell. Thereafter, any creature you can ride can briefly fly while you are on it.
If you need an extra person to help you on your challenges, type "BUM". You will receive a man wearing a blue top. This is useful for levels with buttons. Place him on the button. This can be done several times in one level.
If you have some NPCs that need to be killed before you can move on (including bears, crooks, or dinosaurs), you can summon Death (or any variant thereof, such as "Grim Reaper") and put it next to the enemy. Death will attack and kill anything that lives, including Maxwell and NPCs that you cannot kill. Make sure to put him next to only those you want dead. Along with being able to use him on multiple enemies without putting yourself in harm's way, he does not count as a weapon so you will get the "No Weapons" merit.
Put a "tiger" and a "kitten" together. The tiger becomes friendly and rolls on its back.
Summon a teleporter during a Challenge mode puzzle. Use it to travel to the Scribblenauts staff room. It contains the 5th Cell logo and the avatars of the game designers.
upnhfiv varab soyf, dbis noyrs
Back To The Future reference
Level 8-11 from the "Frontier" World is clearly a Back To The Future inspired level. First, there is a "Mad Scientist" standing on top of a "Courthouse", where there are "Power Lines" connected from it to a tree. There is also a "Stormy Cloud" standing on top of the said tree. The hint is "Timing is everything! Get a charge at Eighty-Eight!", obviously referring to the 88 miles per hour speed the Delorian needs to time travel. To complete this level, you need to get a vehicle to pass through the power lines. Use a monster truck or stick a pole to a car.
Challenge number 9-7 found in the "Dark Hollow" world is a reference to BioShock. There is a "Giant" wearing a "Diving Helmet", resembling a Big Daddy, guarding a "Girl", called "Smaller Sister" in the hint (which is a nod to BioShock's "Little Sister"). Also, the level is designed as an underwater city, much like "Rapture" in BioShock.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs