Sensible Soccer (PC)
- Select one of the following teams for the best all around players.
- National: Holland or Germany
- Club: AC Milan
- Custom: Sensible x1
- When selecting your squad, do not bother with the star goalies or defenders. Concentrate on building a team of star forwards or midfielders. The most effective formations are Attack and 3-5-2.
- Goal scoring is easy if you are in the correct location. Hoof the ball from the halfway line to one of your players running down the pitch. Have him dribble it so he is running directly at one of the posts. Kick the ball from the 18 yard line, or just after it, applying a after-touch if possible. The goalie should dive, but miss.
- When near the opposition's goal, kick the ball off the side of the pitch and give them a throw in. The CPU player almost always chooses to throw the ball to the goalie. Intercept the ball and pass just as the keeper approaches you. The goal should be open and your striker can score.
- Use the following trick to score off a corner every time. Kick the ball towards the goalie. When a forward gets hold of it, kick it across the goal opening and use the after touch to guide it into the net. If done correctly, the CPU will be fooled and will not defend correctly.
When your match appears next on the fixtures screen,
for example playing as England vs. Germany (CPU team), click on
"Exit" instead of choosing "Next Match".
Select "Friendly" from the main menu and select Germany
as your team. Go to the team/formations screen and place all the
star players from Germany on the bench, and switch their positions.
Start to play the match, but quit as soon as it starts. Return
to the league/cup games screen and select "View Opposition"
(Germany). Your opponent's team still should be switched around.