Sid Meier's Civilization 5 (PC)
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "config.ini" file in the game directory. Change the DebugPanel = 0 line to DebugPanel = 1. Start a new game and press ` or ~ and and a debug panel with various options will appear on the right side. For example, select the "Reveal All" option to view the full map.
Complete the following tasks to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", then search for the "Sid Meier's Civilization 5 (PC)" game hub. Select the "View Stats" dropdown, then the option for your username's achievements.
- A Magnificent Victory: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Suleiman.
- A Righteous Victory: Win the Korean Scenario on Immortal (requires Korea DLC).
- A Woman's Work: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Wu Zetian.
- Age of Empire: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Darius.
- All Aboard the Orient Express: Discover a route to the Orient in the New World Scenario. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- All for All Super Brawl: Have every Civ declare war on you at the same time.
- All Roads Lead to Rome: Build a road with a Roman Legion.
- All-Achieving Zeus: Win the Wonders Scenario on Deity (requires Wonders DLC).
- Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Ramesses II.
- Arab Trader: Trade a luxury resource to another Civ that you earned through a city with a Bazaar.
- Arabian Knights: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Harun al-Rashid.
- Au in the EU: Return a Treasure to Europe in the New World Scenario. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Baby Steps: Beat the game on the Settler difficulty level.
- Barbarian Warlord: As Bismarck, convert the Barbarians from 10 camps to your side.
- Barbary Pirate: As Suleiman, accumulate a navy with 10 Barbarian naval units.
- Battlefield Earth: Beat the game on an Earth-type Map.
- Blood and Iron: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Bismarck.
- Bollywood: As gandhi, win a cultural victory with 3 or fewer cities in your empire.
- Bolt and Arrow: Build Statue of Zeus and Temple of Artemis in the same city (requires Wonders DLC).
- Book 'em Danno!: Find Hawaii in a random map game in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- Bora! Bora! Bora!: Win as Tahiti in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- Bright-Eyed Athena: Win the Wonders Scenario on Immortal (requires Wonders DLC).
- By the Waters of Babylon: Beat the game on any difficultly setting as Nebuchadnezzar II. (requires Babylon DLC).
- Can't We All Just Get Along?: Play and win a game without ever declaring war on another Civ (does not preclude them from declaring war against you).
- Cat Fight: As a female leader, defeat all other present female leader in a single game.
- Charming. Really.: Beat the game on the Prince difficulty level.
- City of Gold: Develop a city to produce more than 100 gold per turn.
- City of Lights: Develop a city to produce more than 100 culture per turn.
- City of Science: Develop a city to produce more than 100 science per turn.
- Connoisseur: Rate a Mod.
- Conquest of the World: As alexander, defeat every known player by 350 bc.
- Death Before Shame: Fully Explore the Honor Policy Track.
- Diplomacy by Other Means: Fully Explore the Autocracy Policy Track.
- Diplomat: Hold a Defensive Pact with another civilization for at least 50 turns.
- Do you have a little Captain in you?: Encounter Captain Cook in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- Do You Want to Super Size That?: Beat the game on a Large Map.
- Dr. Heidegger's Experiment: Find the Fountain of Youth (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Dragon Emperor: Win the Korean Scenario on Emperor (requires Korea DLC).
- Eighty-Eight Miles per Hour: Fully Explore the Rationalism Policy Track.
- Emperor Fu Manchu: Win the Korean Scenario as Manchu (requires Korea DLC).
- Empire of the East: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Ramkhamhaeng.
- Engineer: Build a Wonder.
- Enlightened Ruler: Unlock all Social Policies, across any number of playthroughs.
- Epic Gilgamesh: Win the Wonders Scenario as Gilgamesh (requires Wonders DLC).
- Expansionist: Download a Mod.
- Experimenter: Play a game with a Mod.
- Exterminate! Exterminate!: Win a Domination Victory.
- Far-Shooting Apollo: Win the Wonders Scenario on Emperor (requires Wonders DLC).
- Fear the Turtle: Win the Korean Scenario as Korea (requires Korea DLC).
- Fetchez la Vache!: Build a motte and bailey improvement in the Viking Scenario (requires Denmark DLC).
- First in the Hearts of Your Countrymen: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Washington.
- First of the Mohicans: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Hiawatha.
- Flawless Strategy: Beat the game on the Deity difficulty level.
- Flying Fortress: Bomb an enemy city with a B-17.
- Forty-Niner: Build 1000 mines, across any number of playthroughs.
- Freedom Isn't Free: Fully Explore the Freedom Policy Track.
- From Archaemennid to Safavid: As Darius, start 5 Golden Ages in a single game.
- Gardens of Lake Texcoco: Build a Floating Garden in a city with a lake tile in its radius.
- Genghis Khan: Beat the Mongol scenario on the Deity difficulty level.
- Give Peace a Chance: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Gandhi.
- Go Boldly Where No Man Has Gone Before: Win a Space Victory.
- God Is Great: Construct 1000 Temples, across any number of playthroughs.
- Going It Old School: Beat the game on a Pangaea-type Map.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: Beat the game on all standard map types and sizes.
- Great Khan: Beat the Mongol scenario on the King or harder difficulty level.
- Grecian Formula: Win the Wonders Scenario as Alexander (requires Wonders DLC).
- Hands Free to Victory!: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Harald Bluetooth (requires Denmark DLC).
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: Upgrade a Unit.
- He Threw a Car at My Head!: Have any city ransomed by Barbarians.
- Head and Shoulders Above the Rest: Win as Samoa in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- Heads Up!: Find Easter Island in a random map game in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- Here Ends the Noble Savage: Raze 100 Barbarian camps, across any number of playthroughs.
- Honoring the Ancestors: Win the Korean Scenario on Deity (requires Korea DLC).
- Huitzilopochtli's Arrow: Win the New World Scenario as the Aztecs. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Hundred Years War: Be engaged in a single war for 100 or more consecutive turns.
- I Can Has Nukes?: Drop a Nuke on another Civ.
- I Have the Power: Win 20 battles with a single unit.
- I Need More Elbow Room: Beat the game on a Tiny Map.
- I'm on a Boat!: Embark a Unit.
- Inconceivable!: Lose a Game to someone not on your friend's list.
- Island Hopping: Beat the game on an Archipelago-type Map.
- It satrap!: Win the Wonders Scenario as Darius I (requires Wonders DLC).
- It's Just You and Me, Kid: Beat the game on a Duel Map.
- It's Standard Issue: Beat the game on a Standard Map.
- It's Super Effective: Destroy an enemy unit in just one hit.
- Kamikaze Attack: Kill an enemy unit attacking with a Japanese unit with just 1 HP remaining.
- Khaaan!: Run out of time to beat the Mongol scenario.
- Khan: Beat the Mongol scenario on any difficulty.
- King of the Mountain: Beat the game on any difficultly setting as Pachacuti. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Know Thy Enemy: Consult the Oracle 2 times in a single game in the Wonders Scenario (requires Wonders DLC).
- Knowledge Is Good: Hold a Research Pact with another civilization for at least 50 turns.
- Kublai Khan: Beat the Mongol scenario on the Immortal or harder difficulty level.
- Land Baron: Purchase 1000 tiles, across any number of playthroughs.
- Last Man Standing: Win any Multiplayer Match.
- Law of the Splintered Paddle: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Kamehameha. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- League of Extraordinary Hoyanehs: Win the New World Scenario as the Iroquois. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Living in Smallville: Beat the game on a Small Map.
- Lux Perpetua Luceat Eis: Fully Explore the Piety Policy Track.
- Macho Picchu: Win the New World Scenario as the Incas. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Magellan: Prove that the world is round by uncovering a connected loop of tiles around the circumference of the world.
- Manifest Destiny: Completely control and have contiguous borders around your starting continent.
- Marco Polo: Be the first to explore and uncover 1000 tiles, across any number of playthroughs.
- Master of the House: Fully Explore the Tradition Policy Track.
- Master of the Universe: Beat the game on any difficulty setting with each leader.
- Merchant King: Trade 100 resources, across any number of playthroughs.
- Model of a Modern Major-General: Train all Units, across any number of playthroughs.
- Money Doesn't Grow on Trees: Fully Explore the Commerce Policy Track.
- Montezuma's Revenge...: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Montezuma.
- Moving on Up: Earn a Unit Promotion.
- My Little Pony: As Catherine, research Horseback Riding before any other Civ.
- Neighborhood Bully: Annex a previously puppetted City State.
- Ngata Chance: Win as Tonga in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition: Beat the game on any difficultly setting as Isabella. (requires Spain/Inca DLC or Gods & Kings expansion).
- Odin's Chosen Warrior: Win as Denmark (any difficulty) in the Viking Scenario (requires Denmark DLC).
- Odysseus the Great Tactician: Win the Wonders Scenario on King (requires Wonders DLC).
- One to Rule Them All: Beat the game on any difficulty setting with only one city.
- Panzer "Shafernator" General: Spawn over 100 Great Generals, build an army of over 100 standing units, and beat the game 100 times.
- Party in hattUSA: Win the Wonders Scenario as Muwatallis (requires Wonders DLC).
- Paul Bunyan: Chop down 1000 forest tiles, across any number of playthroughs.
- Peace and Prosperity: Begin a Golden Age.
- People of the Longhouse: Build a longhouse in a city with at least 4 unchopped forests in its radius.
- Pillage, Then Burn: Pillage 9 Farms on the same turn in the Viking Scenario (requires Denmark DLC).
- Plate Tectonics: Beat the game on a Continents-type Map.
- Purple People Eaters: Win as Norway (any difficulty) in the Viking Scenario (requires Denmark DLC).
- Ra's Mighty Truth: Win the Wonders Scenario as Ramesses II (requires Wonders DLC).
- Raleigh's Road to Riches: Discover El Dorado (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Rest in Gold Pieces: Gain 1000 gold from expended Great People with the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus across any number of playthroughs (requires Wonders DLC).
- Reverse Engineer: Gain possession of 3 wonders by conquering cities in a single game in the Wonders Scenario (requires Wonders DLC).
- Riddle of the Sphinx: Rush a wonder as Egypt with a Great Engineer.
- Rising Sun: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Oda.
- Ruler of the Seas: As elizabeth, sink and destroy 357 enemy naval units, across any number of playthroughs.
- Ruler of the Twelve Colonies: Beat the game on a Huge Map.
- Samurai Delicatessen: Win the Korean Scenario as Japan (requires Korea DLC).
- Say Hello to My Little Friend: Reach Ally Status with a City State.
- Searching for the Precious: Find New Zealand in a random map game in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- Second City: Found a second city.
- Seoul Power: Win the Korean Scenario before 100 turns as any power (requires Korea DLC).
- Seriously?!?: Have another Civ beat you to completing a Wonder 10 times.
- Siglo de Oro: Win the New World Scenario as Spain. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Six Degrees to Sid: Play a multiplayer match with another player who has this achievement (starting with Sid).
- Star of the North: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Catherine.
- Sun Tzu's Art of War: As Wu Zetian, earn a Great General through battle.
- Supreme Khan: Beat the Mongol scenario on the Emperor or harder difficulty level.
- Surviving Domesday: Win the Viking Scenario on Immortal (requires Denmark DLC).
- Surviving Ragnarok: Win the Viking Scenario on Deity (requires Denmark DLC).
- Surviving the Marquesas: Win as Hiva in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- Taekwon-DOH!: Lose the Korean Scenario as Korea (requires Korea DLC).
- Taking off the Training Wheels: Beat the game on the Chieftain difficulty level.
- Tea and Crumpets for Everyone: Win the New World Scenario as England. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Team Player: Fully Explore the Patronage Policy Track.
- The African King: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Askia.
- The Alexman: Beat the game on the Warlord difficulty level.
- The Appian Way: Build 1000 roads, across any number of playthroughs.
- The Best State of a Republic: Win a Cultural Victory.
- The Choson One: Win a game as Korea (requires Korea DLC).
- The Elephant Battle: Destroy another Civ's unique unit with a Naresuan's Elephant.
- The Explorer: Discover 100 natural wonders.
- The Golden Horde: Beat the game on any difficultly setting as Genghis Khan.
- The Golden Path: Beat the game on the Emperor difficulty level.
- The Man Who Would Be King: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Alexander.
- The Once and Future King: Beat the game on the King difficulty level.
- The Paul Murphy Award for Excellence and Attractiveness: Read 500 articles in the Civilopedia.
- The Pen is Mightier: Win a Diplomatic Victory.
- The Wonder Years: Build all the Wonders, across any number of playthroughs.
- The World Is a Mess, and I Just Need to Rule It: Beat the game on the Immortal difficulty level.
- This isn't Kansas: Find Australia in a South Pacific map game in the Paradise Found Scenario. (requires Polynesia DLC).
- This was their Finest Hour: Win as Anglo-Saxon England (any difficulty) in the Viking Scenario (requires Denmark DLC).
- Thoughtful Telemachus: Win the Wonders Scenario on Prince (requires Wonders DLC).
- Three Musketeers: Kill a unit with a French Musketeer when two other Musketeers are providing flanking bonuses.
- Time to Stitch a Tapestry: Win as Normandy (any difficulty) in the Viking Scenario (requires Denmark DLC).
- To Stand the Test of Time: Beat the game with all victory conditions.
- Tomb Raider: Pillage gold from an Egyptian city with a burial tomb in it.
- Tout le Monde Francophone?: Win the New World Scenario as France. (requires Spain/Inca DLC).
- Treasure Hunter: Discover an ancient ruin.
- Turtle Power: Sink an Ironclad with a Turtle Boat (requires Korea DLC).
- Two Men Enter, One Man Leave: Completely defeat another Civ and remove them from the game.
- Veni, Vidi, Vici: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Caesar.
- Video et Taceo: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Elizabeth.
- Vivre La Revolution: Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Napoleon.
- War Canoe Attack: As askia, conquer a city on another continent.
- We Have the Technology: Fully explore the Tech Tree.
- Where's the Biathlon?: Enter a snow tile with the Norwegian ski infantry in the Viking Scenario (requires Denmark DLC).
- With an Iron Fist: Fully Explore the Order Policy Track.
- With Liberty and Justice for All: Fully Explore the Liberty Policy Track.
- Wonderwall: Build 3 wonders in the same city in the Wonders Scenario (requires Wonders DLC).
- You The Conqueror: Win the Viking Scenario on Emperor (requires Denmark DLC).
- Yow Ming!: Win the Korean Scenario as China (requires Korea DLC).
- Zeupiter: As Rome, conquer a city with the Statue of Zeus (requires Wonders DLC).
Easy "Book 'em Danno!", "Heads Up!", and "Searching for the Precious" achievements
PC Play the Polynesian scenario "Paradise Found" and select the random map option. Explore the map with ships. Once you "meet" the corresponding island, the achievement will be earned.
Easy "Bora! Bora! Bora!", "Head and Shoulders Above the Rest", and "Surviving the Marquesas" achievements
PC Win the Polynesian scenario "Paradise Found".
Easy "Diplomacy by Other Means", "With an Iron Fist", and "With Liberty and Justice for All" achievements
PC This cannot be done with Brave New World because it changes the required policy track to Ideologies.
Easy "Dragon Emperor", "Honoring the Ancestors", or "A Righteous Victory" achievements
PC Win the "Samurai Invasion" scenario under the Immortal (for "A Righteous Victory"), Emperor (for "Dragon Emperor"), or Diety (for "Honoring the Ancestors") difficulty setting. Play as the Korean fraction in order to only defend. Build some ranged units and position them behind the river. Place two melee units in front of your capital. Japan will conquer your coastal cities, however after surviving the first large wave of attackers you should have a good chance to win the scenario.
Easy "All Aboard the Orient Express" achievement
PC In the "New World" scenario, you must discover a route to China. China is located on the west side of the map, and in some cases the randomization may create a map where you can sail through the Americas to China, which makes this achievement easy to earn. If this does not happen you need to found a city on the west coast of the Americas and send naval ships towards the west.
Easy "Arab Trader" achievement
PC The Bazaar is the unique building of Arabia faction that replaces the Market. It can be built after researching Currency. Build a Bazaar then have an improved resource in the city radius, which will then grant you two copies of that resource. Trade the second copy of the resource to another player.
Easy "Au in the EU" achievement
PC Play as a European faction in the New World scenario. Get treasures by destroying a Native American town or finding the Eldorado Natural Wonder.
Easy "Conquest of the World" achievement
PC Start with Alexander The Great (Greece) on a duel map (Pangea type), under the Very Easy difficulty setting. Build at least two archers and two melees, then attack your only opponent.
Easy "Do you have a little Captain in you?" achievement
PC Play the Polynesian scenario "Paradise Found". Explore the map with ships to encounter Captain Cook.
Easy "Dr. Heidegger's Experiment" achievement
PC This requires the Double Civ, Scenario - Spain, and the Incas DLC. When this DLC is active, you can find the Fountain of Youth as a natural wonder in a regular game. However, you can increase the chances of finding this natural wonder in the Conquest of the New World scenario. Play as one of the Native American tribes to begin closer to the fountain and avoid scurvy. Create a large number of scouts to explore the New World. The Fountain of Youth is one of several natural wonders that may appear in the New World. If it does not appear after you have uncovered the entire continent, try again with a new game.
PC This requires the Brave New World expansion. Find the Source of the Nile natural wonder in the Scramble for Africa scenario to earn the achievement.
Easy "Emperor Fu Manchu" achievement
PC In the "Samurai Invasion" scenario, conquer the capitals of Korea and China as your civilization or your ally, Japan.
Easy "Enemy Blade No More" achievement
PC Play as Gajah Mada (Indonesia). Start in the Classical Era and research Iron Working to unlock the Kris Swordsman. This unit has a unique trait called the Mystic Blade. It is a red trait with a blue question mark. After your Kris Swordsman's first battle, he will get one of the following random promotions:
- Invulnerability: +30% Combat Bonus when defending. +20 HP when healing
- Sneak Attack: Flank attack bonus increased by 50%
- Heroism: Unit awards combat bonus to nearby units as if it is a Great General
- Ambition: +50% Combat Bonus when attacking. -20% penalty when defending
- Restlessness: May attack twice, 1 extra movement
- Recruitment: Heals all damage if the unit kills a non-Barbarian unit (only 50 HP)
- Enemy Blade: Takes 20 damage if the unit ends its turn in enemy territory
- Evil Spirits: -10% penalty when attacking. -30% penalty when defending
- Your goal is to get the "Enemy Blade" promotion. Once obtained, capture an enemy capital. It is recommended that you do this against a City-State, whose only city is always a capital. Once the capital's health is completely gone, have your Kris swordsman go in and capture it.
Easy "The Explorer" achievement
PC This can be done over multiple playthroughs. The number of Natural Wonders will depend on the size of the map. You do not have to be the first civilization that discovers the Natural Wonder. The Wonders in scenarios will qualify towards this achievement.
Easy "Fetchez la Vache!" achievement
PC Play as Normandy in the "1066: Year of Viking Destiny" scenario. The Motte and Bailey Improvement is a unique improvement for Normandy. It can be built with Workers and it acts just like a fort.
Easy "Flip-Flop" achievement
PC Note: This can be done faster on a very small map and adding a few scouts to automatically explore to get to the conference quicker. After a civilization has met with a majority of the other civilizations, a conference will eventually be setup to deal with the world. Prior to each conference, leaders will be able to propose issues that will affect specific elements, such as banning luxury items or setting a world religion. Choose any resolution and when the conference occurs, focus all your delegates to approve your stance to enact that resolution. If it passes, complete ten more turns so you can submit another proposal. This time, select the same resolution that you passed earlier. Propose a repeal to that resolution and the achievement will be earned.
Easy "From Archaemennid to Safavid" achievement
PC Only Golden Ages that are gained by happiness will count towards earning this achievement. Do not build the Taj Mahal or chose politics which start a Golden Age because those can break the counter for that achievement.
Easy "Flying Fortress" achievement
PC This is a unique unit of the American faction which replaces the bomber. You can build this unit in the Atomic era.
Easy "Go Boldly Where No Man Has Gone Before" achievement
PC You must build a spaceship and travel to space. Collect the parts which can be obtained through researching technologies. You need six parts. After you finish them, you will get the victory and earn the achievement.
Easy "Greed is Good" achievement
PC Select an early era and the Settler difficulty setting. Research Horseback Riding for Caravansary and Compass to get Harbor. A coastal city is also required to build the Harbor and Colossus. For Petra, you must be on a desert tile or have a city built next to a desert. Thus, your coastal city must be next to a desert tile. Try using the Donut map type to have a better chance at this layout.
Easy "Greek Fire" achievement
PC Select the Normal or lower difficulty setting and the "Islands" map type, with tiny islands or an archipelago. Play as the Byzantines against ten or more Greek opponents. Build Dromons, sail to the Greek towns, and wait for a ship to spawn.
Easy "He Threw a Car at My Head!" achievement
PC Start a Deity difficulty game with raging barbarians without water. They must be able to reach your city without ships. Wait a few rounds and the barbarians should just raid your city instead of conquering it. PC Play a Deity difficulty game with raging barbarians. Select a map with continents or islands, such as "Earth". Have only one or two opponents. Sail to Australia with a settler and one bodyguard. Find the city in the middle of that continent and kill the guard. Wait a few rounds until that city is ransomed.
Easy "Herculean Effort" achievement
PC The three International Projects are as follows.
- World's Fair
- First Place - Hosted Fair: Culture increases by 100% for 20 Turns.
- Second Place - Groundbreaking Inventions: Free Social Policy.
- Third Place - Exhibitor: 500 points towards next Golden Age.
- International Games
- First Place - Hosted Games: Tourism increases by 100% for 20 Turns; Free Social Policy.
- Second Place - Won Medals: +3 Happiness; One time increase of 30 Influence with City-States.
- Third Place - Parade of Nations: +3 Happiness.
- International Space Station
- Note: Becomes available for a vote after at least one civilization discovers satellites.
- First Place - Mission Control: International Space Station wonder appears in Capital.
- Second Place - Crew on Board: Free Great Scientist.
- Third Place - Constructed Parts: One time Research boost.
Easy "Highway Robbery" achievement
PC Enable the path of the trade routes by selecting the letter sign near the mini-map. Move your unit on the route and declare war on the route's owner. Then wait for the plunder. You can also plunder a trade route manually by moving a unit on a caravan. Then, give an order to your unit to plunder it.
Easy "Holy Father" achievement
PC Make sure there are at least twelve City-States, and that the time era is before the Renaissance to keep Papal Primacy Belief present. Start out as normal, but begin by focusing on Faith. After enough Faith is accumulated, you will have an option to "Found a Pantheon". Do so and continue to accumulate Faith to generate a Great Prophet. Use the Prophet to found a religion. Continue to accumulate Faith for a second Prophet and enhance your faith. Then, select your Papal Primacy Belief that gives you influence boosts. Your alliance with twelve City-States does not have to be simultaneous. Simply ally with twelve different City-States over time. The easiest way to do this is to combine gifts with tasks that a city-state asks for. A gift of 1,000 gold will usually change a city-state from neutral to ally.
Easy "I'm on a Boat!" achievement
PC Discover the Optics technology to be able to embark a unit.
Easy "Junta for Red October" achievement
PC Station your spy at a City-State that is already allied with another faction. Try a coup. Your spy will die if it fails, but you will gain a new ally if successful.
Easy "Know Thy Enemy" achievement
PC Generate two Great People by building the required Wonders or by running specialists in your cities. You can also complete the Liberty policy tree to get a Great Person. Position your Great Person so that it is adjacent to the city containing the Oracle.
Easy "Last Man Standing" achievement
PC Play in Hot Seat mode, as the host. In Fast mode, start a game at a duel map and conquer the "enemy" city.
Easy "Master of the Universe" achievement
PC Win the game with the following eighteen factions. Do this easily by starting the game with any of those factions on a duel map, under the very easy difficulty setting. Then, conquer the capital of your only opponent.
Easy "Merchant Prince" achievement
PC The 200 gold per turn total not only includes your own trade routes, but also for opponents to your towns. Note: Cargo ships carry more than caravans.
Easy "Model of a Modern Major-General" achievement
PC All units from the base game must be trained through normal means. They cannot be purchased, traded, gifted, or upgraded from lower units. Note: The Brave New World DLC may need to be disabled to get the Foreign Legion unit.
- Ground units
- Anti-Aircraft Gun
- Anti-Tank Gun
- Chariot Archer
- Giant Death Robot
- Mechanized Infantry
- Mobile SAM
- Modern Armor
- Rocket Artillery
- Missile Cruiser
- Nuclear Submarine
- Air units
- Atomic Bomb
- Guided Missile
- Helicopter Gunship
- Jet Fighter
- Nuclear Missile
- Stealth Bomber
- Non-Combat units
- Work Boat
- Unique units
- B-17 (America)
- Ballista (Rome)
- Camel Archer (Arabia)
- Chu-Ko-Nu (China)
- Companion Cavalry (Greece)
- Cossack (Russia)
- Foreign Legion (France)
- Hoplite (Greece)
- Immortal (Persia)
- Jaguar (Aztec)
- Janissary (Ottoman)
- Landsknecht (Germany)
- Legion (Rome)
- Longbowman (England)
- Madekalu Cavalry
- Minuteman (America)
- Mohawk Warrior (The Iroquois)
- Musketeer (French)
- Narasuan's Elephant (Siam)
- Panzer (Germany)
- Samurai (Japan)
- Ship of The Line (England)
- Sipahi (Ottoman)
- War Chariot (Egypt)
- War Elephant (India)
- Zero (Japan)
- Spaceship parts
- Statis Chamber
Easy "Moving on Up" achievement
PC You will earn unit promotion during fights with your units. In the early ages you can kill barbarian units to gain experience. Killing two barbarian units for 5 experience points each will earn a new rank.
Easy "Ngata Chance" achievement
PC Win the Polynesian scenario "Paradise Found".
Easy "People of the Longhouse" achievement
PC The Longhouse is a unique building of the Iroquois that replaces the Workshop. It becomes available after researching Metal Casting in Medieval era. Build a Longhouse in a city with four forest tiles in its radius.
Easy "Rock the Kasbah" achievement
PC Play against the Moroccan civilization and wait for them to build a Kasbah. Then, move a Great Musician on that tile and perform a concert tour. Note A concert tour can only be performed outside your own territory.
PC Alternately, play the Moroccan civilization and create however many cities desired. Build a Kasbah in a city. Trade that city to the opposition. Generate a Great Musician, buy one with Faith, or build a World Wonder that produces any Great Person or specifically produces a Great Musician. Then, negotiate an Open Borders contract with the opposition that has the Kasbah to get your Great Musician into enemy territory.
Easy "Ruler of the Seas" achievement
Gift ships to city-states, then declare war and destroy them. Afterwards, make peace.
Easy "Sacagawea's Legacy" achievement
PC Set up the game by selecting the Shoshone civilization. Set the type of map to "Continents" and the size to "Large" or "Huge". Then, enter the "Advanced Setup" menu and remove every AI opponent expect for one. Begin game play and explore the continent with your Pathfinder. This layout will prevent interference from your opponent who should be stuck on the other continent. Your Pathfinder needs to explore the ruins for them to be qualify for the achievement; finding them is not enough.
Easy "Seoul Power" achievement
PC Play the "Samurai Invasion" scenario under the Very Easy difficulty setting as the Korean faction. Re-conquer the Korean cities as fast as possible to win.
Easy "Taekwon-DOH!" achievement
PC Start the "Samurai Invasion of Korea" scenario and play as Korea. Pause game play, then select "Retire".
PC Alternately, play as Korea under the hardest difficulty setting. Begin by declaring war on Manchuria and allow Japan to kill your units and do not attack them. The goal is to give Japan enough points to get ahead of China. Japan will eventually kill all your units and take all of your cities. You must then allow all 100 turns to be played, at which point you will earn the achievement if Japan has more points than China.
Easy "That's XCOM baby!" achievement
PC Play in the Information Era with the CPU set to a higher difficulty setting. Research Satellites and Nanotechnology. Satellites will allow you to see which civilization has the most troops built up. Select one, then move the XCOM Squad near the region. An area with two towns within striking distance (two ranged tiles) is recommended. The XCOM Squad can paradrop at a distance of 40 tiles and can easily start from full health and drop immediately into a serious situation. Repeat the process until the achievement is earned.
Easy "This isn't Kansas" achievement
PC Play the Polynesian scenario "Paradise Found" and select the "South Pacific" map option. Explore the map with ships. Once you "meet" the island, the achievement will be earned.
Easy "To Stand the Test of Time" achievement
PC The victory conditions are as follows.
- Domination Victory: In the base game and Gods And Kings, you will get a domination victory if you are the last player in possession of your original capital. You do not have to entire wipe out all other players. In Brave New World, you must control all opposing players' original capitals.
- Science Victory: You must build and launch a spaceship. To do this, you must first complete the Apollo Program project, then progress far enough in the technology tree to be able to build the components for the spaceship. All of the necessary technologies for this are in the Information Era (Modern and Future Eras in the base game), and require developing almost the entire tech tree. Once you have all the required components of the spaceship (or they become available), assemble them at your Capital. The spaceship will automatically be launched afterwards.
- Cultural Victory: Fill five trees of Social Policies and complete the Utopia Project. Each tree has five policies; in order to win you must have acquired at least 25 Social Policies in 5 different policy trees, for a total of 30. Social policies are acquired with Culture, with the cost increasing for each new one. Cities that are founded and annexed will increase the amount of Culture needed, depending on map size. Thus, this condition becomes very difficult for large empires. To avoid this, limit the foundation of new cities; and when capturing other players' cities, make them puppets instead of annexing them. In Brave New World, Cultural Victory is a "Cultural Domination" victory. The goal is to use the Tourism game mechanic to influence all other civilizations still in game and achieve at least the Influential level of cultural influence with each one.
- Diplomatic Victory: Win a vote in the United Nations. To win the vote, you must have the majority vote, and in order to gather more votes, you can become allies with City-States. The player who built the United Nations first has two votes instead of the usual one. Every civilization leader will vote for another civilization that liberated his capital (in which case this leader will get the vote). City-States will only vote if they are allied with a civilization, or a civilization liberated them in the past. Try to ally with the required number of City-States on the turn just before the UN vote. In Brave New World, the United Nations is not a buildable Wonder. It instead develops automatically from the World Congress when a Civilization reaches the Information Era or at least half of the world's Civilizations reach the Atomic Era. At that point, a new automatic vote for the World Leader starts every twenty turns. The conditions for winning this vote are mostly the same as winning the vote for any other resolution, except for the minimum number of votes required is based on number of civilizations and City-States.
- Time Victory: Won by the player with the highest score by the end of the time period, assuming that no one has achieved any other victory type. The deadline for a time victory is usually the year 2050 AD, but can be changed to an earlier year or a predetermined number of years. At standard speed, 2050 AD occurs at turn 500.
Easy "Turtle Power" achievement
PC The Turtle Boat is a unique unit of the Korean faction. Gift an Ironclad to a city-state, then declare war and destroy it with a Turtle Boat.
Easy "We are Family" achievement
PC Choose a standard-size map under the lowest difficulty setting. A "Pangaea" map is recommended to keep all the civilizations on the same land mass. Start by sending some units to begin exploring so you can find the other Capitals. To found a religion, build a shrine in at least one city to start generating Faith. Because 200 Faith is required to start a religion, it will be faster to have shrines in multiple cities. You must be the first to found a religion. By doing this, it will be easier to become the dominant religion in the other Capitals, and there will be no one to reverse your work. Once you have a religion, send any Great Prophets available to the other Capitals and have them spread your religion. You can use faith to purchase missionaries by going to a city screen. Note: Missionaries can enter enemy territory without consequences. If you are the dominant religion in another Civilization's Capital, their missionaries will spread your religion.
Easy "Where's the Biathlon?" achievement
PC Choose the Danish faction and build or obtain a Norwegian Ski Infantry unit. Then, move it to a snow tile.
Easy "Whack a Mole" achievement
PC Station a spy of your own in your city. Your capital is recommended, because the CPU usually stations their spy there. Make sure you have a technological advantage so that the enemies have to spy on something. Then, wait until the enemy spy is discovered and killed.
Easy "The Wonder Years" achievement
PC Build the following Wonders.
- Ancient Era
- Great Library
- Pyramids (requires Liberty policy track opener to be built in Brave New World)
- Classical Era
- Colossus (city must be built on coast)
- Great Lighthouse (city must be built on coast)
- Great Wall
- Hanging Gardens (requires Tradition policy track opener to be built in Brave New World)
- Circus Maximus (may require every city to have a Colosseum)
- Heroic Epic (requires every city to have Barracks or equivalent)
- National College (requires every city to have a Library or equivalent)
- National Epic (requires every city to have a Monument or equivalent)
- National Treasury (may require every city to have a Market or equivalent; not available in Brave New World)
- Medieval Era
- Angkor Wat
- Chichen Itza
- Hagia Sophia
- Machu Pichu (must have a mountain within two tiles away from the city)
- Notre Dame
- Ironworks (requires every city to have a Workshop or equivalent)
- Oxford University (requires every city to have a University or equivalent)
- Renaissance Era
- Forbidden Palace (requires Patronage policy track opener to be built in Brave New World)
- Himeji Castle
- Porcelain Tower
- Sistine Chapel
- Taj Mahal
- Hermitage (requires Opera House or equivalent replacement in every city to be built in Brave New World]
- Industrial Era
- Big Ben (requires Commerce policy track opener to be built in Brave New World)
- Brandenburg Gate
- Louvre (Requires Exploration policy track opener to be built in Brave New World)
- Modern Era
- Eiffel Tower
- Kremlin (requires Order policy track opener to be built in Brave New World)
- Statue of Liberty (requires Freedom policy track opener to be built in Brave New World)
- Atomic Era
- Cristo Redentor
- Sydney Opera House
- Apollo Program
- Manhattan Project
- Information Era
- United Nations (not available in Brave New World)
- Utopia Project (can be built earlier with five full Social policy tracks; not available in Brave New World)
Strategy guides from GameFAQs