Sins Of A Solar Empire
Add to this page!
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the various files in the "/Stardock Games/Sins of a Solar Empire/Galaxy" directory. The following entries should appear at the top of the file.
homeplanetupgradelevel: population homeplanetupgradelevel: civilianmodules homeplanetupgradelevel: tacticalmodules homeplanetupgradelevel: home homeplanetupgradelevel: artifactlevel homeplanetupgradelevel: infrastructure
You can change the values as desired. Their meaning and recommended values to try are as follows.
- population: Civilian infrastructure. Recommended value "4".
- civilian modules: Logistics capacity Recommended value "2".
- tactical modules: tactical capacity. Recommended value "2".
- home: Capital planet (default when game starts and cannot change). Recommended value "1".
- artifact level: Exploration (already at maximum when game starts). Recommended value "2".
- infrastructure: emergency facilities. Recommended value "3".
Furthermore, you can search the bottom of a file that has a section marked "playercount [#]". The values for "player 0" are for your character. You can edit the values of "startingcredits", "startingmetal", and "startingcrystal" as desired, to a maximum of "9999".
Complete the following achievements to unlock Microsoft Gamerscore points.
- Ensign: Win the game as a TEC player.
- Acolyte: Win the game an Advent player.
- Initiate: Win the game as Vasari player.
- Master of any Domain: Win the game as a Random player.
- Plug Puller: Win the game by yourself against at least one hard AI player.
- Toaster Roaster: Win the game by yourself against at least two hard AI players.
- Comp Stomper: Win the game by yourself against at least three hard AI players.
- Actually HAL, I can do that: Win the game by yourself against at least four hard AI players.
- Fear the Icebergs: Win the game without building any Capital Ships.
- No Exhaust Port Found: Win the game without building any strike craft.
- Best Defense is a Good Offense: Win the game without building any Tactical Structures.
- Go Big or Go Home: Win the game without building and Frigates or Cruisers.
- TEC Military Researcher: Research every subject in the Military Tree while researching no subjects in the Civilian Tree.
- Advent Hostility Researcher: Research every subject in the Hostility Tree while researching no subjects in the Harmony Tree.
- Vasari Warfare Researcher: Research every subject in the Warfare Tree while researching no subjects in the Empire Tree.
- TEC Civilian Researcher: Research every subject in the Civilian Tree while researching no subjects in the Military Tree.
- Advent Harmony Researcher: Research every subject in the Harmony Tree while researching no subjects in the Hostility Tree.
- Vasari Empire Researcher: Research every subject in the Empire Tree while researching no subjects in the Warfare Tree.
- Archaeologist: Find and own every artifact at the same time.
- TEC Fleet Diversification: Have atleast one of every TEC Capital Ship built at the same time.
- Advent Fleet Diversification: Have atleast one of every Advent Capital Ship built at the same time.
- Vasari Fleet Diversification: Have atleast one of every Vasari Capital Ship built at the same time.
- Capital Ship Captain: Get a Capital Ship to maximum experience level.
- Squadron Leader: Own at least 100 Squadrons at once.
- Capital Ship Armada: Own the maximum number of Capital Ships possible. Your fleet research must also be at max level.
- Ship Swarm: Own the maximum number of ships possible. Your fleet research must also be at max level.
- Outstanding Resume: Complete at least 30 missions.
- Star Explorer: Travel to another star system.
- Escape from Max: Travel through a wormhole to discover where it leads to.
- Money Lender: Give 25,000 Credits to other players.
- Metal Lender: Give 20,000 Metal to other players.
- Crystal Lender: Give 20,000 Crystal to other players.
- Road to Peace: Form a Cease Fire with another player.
- Pacifist: Form a Peace Treaty with another player.
- Mutual Trader: Form a Trade Alliance with another player.
- Planet Visionary: Form an Planet Vision alliance with another player.
- Ship Visionary: Form a Ship Vision alliance with another Player.
- Family Planning: Your empire must support at least 6,000 population at once.
- Tax Collector: Collect 200,000 Credits from taxes.
- Export Maven: Collect 20,000 Credits from trade ships.
- Metal Miner: Collect 35,000 Metal from Resource extractors.
- Crystal Miner: Collect 35,000 Crstal from resource extractors.
- Refining Magnate: Collect 20,000 Metal or Crystal from refinery ships.
- Pop Idol: Spread your culture to 75% of the galaxy.
- Expert Bombardier: Do 15,750 damage to planets.
- Frigate Killer: Destroy 1,000 enemy frigates.
- Capital Ship Assassin: Destroy 30 enemy capital ships.
- Wrecking Crew: Destroy 200 enemy planet structures.
- Pilot's Bane: Destroy enemy fighter craft.
- Pirate Exterminator: Destroy 1,000 pirate ships.
- Anti-Globalization: Destroy 100 trade ships.
- Dead Canaries: Destroy 50 refinery ships.
- Union Buster: Destroy 50 construction ships.
- Pirate Baron: Colonize a Pirate base.
- Space Ponies: Um... What?
- Colonizer: Have 30 planets colonized at the same time.
- Metal Speculator: Buy 10,000 Metal from the Black Market.
- Metal Merchant: Sell 10,000 Metal directly to the Black Market.
- Crystal Speculator: Buy 10,000 Crystal from the Black Market.
- Crystal Merchant: Sell 10,000 Crystal directly to the Black Market.
- Resource Opportunist: Gain 15,000 Credits from other players buying up your resources.
- He's no good to me dead: Spend 66,000 credits increasing the bounty on other players.
- World Builder: Create your own custom galaxy and preview the results.
Use the following trick to steak resources from other empires in single player mode. Start a new game and play as usual. Allow the other empires time to build up their resources. When you want to steal resources, save the game, quit, and then reload another empire to play as. With your other empire, go to the "Diplomacy" menu. Send the resources from your current empire to your original empire. Save the game, quit, and reload your original empire. Repeat this as many times as desired.
yewuhi flyet iau, r
Strategy guides from GameFAQs