Sonic The Hedgehog (iPod/iPhone)
Add to this page!
Note: This requires the 2013 update, unlock Tails, then select "No Save" mode then the plus for both Sonic and Tails. Tap the letters "S", "E", "G", and "A" in order at the Sega screen. A sound will confirm correct code entry. Hold two fingers on "Start" at the bottom of the screen and slide them to the top of the screen when the title screen appears. If done correctly, the level selection screen should appear, as well as the following cheat options.
- 00: Sonic and Tails
- 01: Sonic
- 02: Tails
- 03: Knuckles
- On: Spindash on
- Off: Spindash off
- Gnd Spd Cap
- On: Ground speed limit on
- Off: Ground speed limit off
- Air Spd Cap
- On: Air speed limit on
- Off: Air speed limit off
- S1 Spikes
- On: Spikes do not have a cool down; hitting them twice in quick succession kills you.
- Off: Spikes have a cool down, like other enemies and traps.
- S1: Everything remains true to the original version.
- S2: Some items are swapped with ones from Sonic 2; also affects items in Debug mode.
- S1 + S3: Some items are swapped with ones from Sonic 3; also affects items in Debug mode and Sonic has mid-air spin from Sonic 3.
- S2 + S3: Some items are swapped with ones from Sonic 2 and Sonic 3; also affects items in Debug mode and Sonic has mid-air spin from Sonic 3.
- Max Emeralds
- 06: Everything remains true to the original version.
- 07: Extra Chaos Emerald can be obtained and there is one extra Special Stage, allowing Sonic to enter his Super form.
Tap "Up", "Down", "Left", "Right" on the virtual D-pad at the main menu. Tap "New Game", then tap "Yes" at the next message.
Fly with Tails
Unlock Tails, select "New Game", then the plus for both Sonic and Tails. Hold Up and press Jump during game play, then hold Up and press Jump again while in mid-air to start flying with Tails. Press Jump at Tails to hang on, then use the D-pad and Jump button to fly.
Change Tails to Miles
Unlock Tails, then select "No Save" mode then the plus for both Sonic and Tails. Finally tap the letters "A", "G", "E", and "S" in order at the at the Sega screen to change Tails' name to Miles. Japanese text which are the game's credits will also appear.
Enable the "Level select" code. Then, play songs "01", "09", "09", "01", "00", "06", "02", and "03" in order at the "Sound Test" menu. Start a level, then tap the score display at the top-left corner of the screen during game play to toggle Debug mode. Use the "-" and "+" to change objects, then jump to place that object at your current location.
All Chaos Emeralds
Enable the "Level select" code. Then, play songs "04", "01", "02", and "06" in order at the "Sound Test" menu.
Game Center achievements
Complete the following tasks to unlock Apple Game Center achievements.
- Beat The Clock (100 points): Complete the Time Attack mode in less than 45 minutes.
- Blast Processing (50 points): Clear Green Hill Zone Act 1 in under 30 seconds.
- Block Buster (100 points): Break 16 blocks in a row without stopping.
- Bombs Away (100 points): Defeat the boss in Starlight Zone using only the see-saw bombs.
- Chaos Connoisseur (100 points): Collect all the Chaos Emeralds.
- Flawless Pursuit (100 points): Clear the boss in Labyrinth Zone without getting hurt.
- Hidden Transporter (100 points): Collect 50 Rings and take the hidden transporter path in Scrap Brain Act 2.
- One For the Road (50 points): As a parting gift, land a final hit on Dr. Eggman's escaping Egg Mobile.
- Ramp Ring Acrobatics (50 points): Without touching the ground, collect all the Rings in a trapezoid formation in GHZ Act 1.
- Ring King (100 points): Collect 200 Rings.
- Secret of Labyrinth Zone (100 points): Activate and ride the hidden platform in Labyrinth Zone Act 1.
- Secret of Marble Zone (50 points): Travel through a secret room in Marble Zone Act 3.
Play as Knuckles
Note: This requires the 2013 update. Successfully complete the game with all Chaos Emeralds.
Play as Tails, or Sonic and Tails
Note: This requires the 2013 update. Successfully complete the game as Sonic.
Enable the "Cheat mode" code. Activate the extra Chaos Emerald under the "Max Emeralds" section then collect all seven Chaos Emeralds. Jump as Sonic then in mid-air, jump again to transform into Super Sonic. Note: Tails and Knuckles have Super forms as well, but have to use of the "S" monitor in Debug mode to transform.
Complete Green Hill Zone 1-1 or 1-2 in 29 seconds or less to receive 50,000 bonus points.
Collect the extra life at the very bottom of Green
Hill Zone - Act 3. Accumulate 100 rings to obtain another extra
life. Collect a third extra life located at the top of the loop-the-loop.
Intentionally lose a life and repeat the process.
Special Zone entrance
You can almost always have the Special Zone entrance open (the giant ring next to the sign at the end of level Acts 1 and 2) by not losing your rings. If you do lose your rings, when you pass a checkpoint, intentionally die, then continue through the level without losing any rings. This works about 80% of the time.
Collect 50 rings and finish the stage. There will be a giant ring.
"Sonic Posts" 10,000 point locations
- Green Hill Zone 1: When Sonic passes the zone, make sure to pass his body all over the last tree. A "10,000" bonus point is hidden there.
- Green Hill Zone 2: When Sonic passes this zone, make sure to pass in between the second and third palm tree. The bonus point worth "10,000" is there.
- Marble Zone 1: When you view the message "SONIC HAS PASSED ACT 1", you should noticed three columns. To the right of the third column, pass all over the little area to get the "10,000" point bonus. In order for this to happen, you should use jump as much as possible to get him to reach the point bonus.
- Marble Zone 2: When you view the message "SONIC HAS PASSED ACT 2", pass his body all over the right side of the screen. You should get the "10,000" point bonus. In order for this to happen, you should use jump button as much as possible to get him to reach the point bonus.
- Spring Yard Zone 1: The next "10,000" bonus point is directly above the sign.
- Spring Yard Zone 2: The "10,000" bonus point is just above the blue post prior to the sign. It is closest to the left side of the screen.
- Labyrinth Zone 1: The "10,000" bonus point is on the ceiling nearest the right side of the screen.
- Labyrinth Zone 2: Although there is a point amount near the zone's sign post, that is not the "10,000" bonus point. The "10,000" bonus point is on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Star Light Zone 1: The "10,000" bonus point is slightly above the top right hand corner of the screen. When you hit it, you can just barely see the bottom left hand corner of the point when you return to the ground.
- Star Light Zone 2: The "10,000" can be obtained by having Sonic jump "on top of" the second lamp post that can be viewed from the screen. When you return to the ground, you cannot see the point.
- Scrap Brain Zone 1: Under the ground, you will see a series of pipes that seems to go in this pattern: "l n l". The "10,000" bonus point is above the first "l" (pipe). This might be complicated to get.
- Scrap Brain Zone 2: No points here.
- There are no points in Zone 3 of any of the Zones.