Add to this page!
Complete the listed task to unlock the corresponding Steam achievement. To view your achievements and statistics in the Steam client, select "Community", then search for the "Spelunky (PC)" game hub. Select the "View Stats" drop down option, then choose the option for your username's achievements.
- Addicted: Play Adventure Mode 1000 times.
- Big Money: Obtain 500,000 gold.
- Casanova: Rescue 10 or more damsels in one game.
- City of Gold: Reach the City of Gold.
- Eternal Life: Obtain the Ankh.
- Good Teamwork: Complete the game with at least two players alive. No shortcuts. (Video)
- Her Favorite: Win the kapala from Kali.
- Ice Creamed: Reach the Temple.
- Ironman: Complete the game without using shortcuts.
- Jungle Jammed: Reach the Ice Caves.
- Low Scorer: Complete the game without collecting any treasure. No shortcuts. (Video)
- Made It: Complete the game.
- Mines Shafted: Reach the Jungle.
- Public Enemy: Kill 12 or more shopkeepers in one game.
- Seen a Lot: Complete 50% of the journal.
- Seen It All: Complete 100% of the journal.
- So It Begins: Beat the Tutorial
- Speedlunky: Complete the game in under 8 minutes. No shortcuts.
- The Entire Gang: Rescue all 8 hidden characters.
- To Hell and Back: Complete the game the hard way. (Video)
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding character. Note: The Yellow Miner Girl, Purple Pirate Girl, Green Mariachi Man and Blue Bear Suit Man will appear in random coffins in the four main areas (one per area).
geeag erdt duam, nbldci temie
- Black Van Helsing: At top of Haunted Castle in a coffin.
- Blue Bear Suit Man: Coffin in Mines, Jungle, Ice Cave, or Temple.
- Green Mariachi Man: Coffin in Mines, Jungle, Ice Cave, or Temple.
- Leopard Suit Man: Complete the game.
- Meat Boy: At the bottom of The Worm in a sac.
- Purple Pirate Girl: Coffin in Mines, Jungle, Ice Cave, or Temple.
- Yang: Complete Hell.
- Yellow Miner Girl: Coffin in Mines, Jungle, Ice Cave, or Temple.
Easy "Eternal Life" and "City of Gold" achievements
Four items are required to reach the City of Gold. They are the Udjat Eye, the Ankh, the Hedjet and the Scepter. The Udjat Eye spawns on levels 1-2, 1-3 or 1-4. A locked chest and a key will appear on one of those levels. Take the key to the chest. If you find either the key or the chest, search for the other item. Note: One or both of them may spawn behind walls. Once collected, the Udjat Eye will show you the locations of items inside walls as well as the location of the Black Market. The Black Market entrance will appear on levels 2-1, 2-2 or 2-3. When the Udjat Eye starts to beep and blink, it indicates you close to the entrance. The sound gets faster the closer you are. So use bombs or the Mattock to expose its exact location. Once at the Black Market, either purchase the Ankh from the shop on the far right for $50,000 or steal it. Next, go to the ice caves. On either level 3-2 or 3-3, a large blue Moai statue will appear with an Ankh carved into its forehead. To continue, you must die on that level. After that happens, the Ankh will revive you with 4 health inside the Moai statue, and the Hedjet will fall onto you. Once collected, go through the door behind you. Note: If you die before this level the Ankh will revive you at the start of the level and break, which then prevents access to the Moai and as well the City of Gold. After collecting the Hedjet, go to level 4-1. The Scepter always drops when you kill Anubis. Anubis floats and shoots psychic bullets which can pass through walls and kill you instantly. You can kill him with two sticky bombs, careful use of the shotgun, or luring him onto a Tiki trap. A sound will be heard when the Scepter drops. It is possible for this to happen before you see Anubis if he spawns somewhere dangerous. If that happens, search for the Scepter and pick it up. The Sceptor acts as a weapon which fires psychic bullets, which are unpredictable and can also kill you. Then, go to level 4-2. Somewhere on the main path is a golden door. Run to it and the Scepter will vanish and open the door. Go through to access the City of Gold.
Easy "Good Teamwork" achievement or trophy
You must complete level 4-4 with at least two people alive. However, it is acceptable if someone dies before that point. Revive them from a coffin before level 4-4. This can also be done with a single player by inserting another controller and carrying player two like an item.
Easy "Jungle Jammed" achievement or trophy
The Jungle is difficult to complete because of its unpredictable environment and dangerous enemies. Play conservatively and avoid any unnecessary dangers such as piranha water and giant enemies. Once you learn the exact range that the Tiki traps can reach, it will become easier. Once their spikes appear, you can move onto their tile while they are retracting back. The man-eating flytraps are very dangerous. Whip them out of your way and try to keep them at a distance. If you get a restless dead level, bomb the ASH tombstone to always get a shotgun. If you are having difficulty getting through the Mines and the Jungle in the same playthrough, use the tunnel to get directly to the jungle by paying the tunnel man one bomb, one rope and $10,000 (all on different trips).
Easy "Speedlunky" achievement or trophy
You have to complete fifteen levels and Olmec. To complete the game in eight minutes or less, must spend a maximum average of thirty seconds per level, which is enough to go directly to the exit. Try to complete earlier levels faster to have more time available for the more difficult levels. If a damsel is on the way to the exit, it is probably worth rescuing in order to get the health. You can opt to complete the game at a low percentage (no items) or to purchase items with the money that collect along the way. Note that the no item method is faster, and it will be difficult to get enough money to purchase useful items such as the jetpack. Choosing the robbery route would be slower than going low percentage. If you arrive at Olmec's lair with a few minutes to spare, take your time on the fight to avoid dying at the very end of your run. Note: To bomb down a hole, you will require a minimum of five bombs that are placed directly on the seam between two tiles. If you did not find a crate with bombs at some point, you can use ropes to loot the crates at the top of the level. Manage your time to finish under eight minutes.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs