Star Trek: Starfleet Command 2 - Empires At War
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "shiplist.txt" file in the "\assets\spec\" directory in the game folder. Modify the settings as desired.
Set prestige level
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "character" file in the "MetaAsstets/ServerProfiles/SinglePlayer/"
folder. Find the StartingPrestige = entry and change the number that follows to 5000000.
Custom ship names
Note: This procedure involves editing game files; create a backup copy of the files before proceeding. Edit the following files to add custom names to your ships.
- Calamari_Cruiser: \Data\Calamari_Cruiser.txt
- Generic_Star_Destroyer: \Data\Star_Destroyer.txt
- Star_Destroyer: \Data\Star_Destroyer.txt
- Star_Destroyer_Tractor_Fighters: \Data\Star_Destroyer.txt
- Corellian_Corvette: \Data\Corellian_Corvette.txt
- Corellian_Gunboat: \Data\Corellian_Gunboat.txt
- Broadside_Class_Cruiser: \Data\Broadside_Class_Cruiser.txt
- Marauder_Missile_Cruiser: \Data\Marauder_Missile_Cruiser.txt
- Nebulon_B_Frigate: \Data\Nebulon_B_Frigate.txt
- Alliance_Assault_Frigate: \Data\Alliance_Assault_Frigate.txt
- Victory_Destroyer_No_Fighters: \Data\Victory_Destroyer.txt
- Victory_Destroyer: \Data\Victory_Destroyer.txt
- Acclamator_Assault_Ship: \Data\Acclamator_Assault_Ship.txt
- Interdictor_Cruiser: \Data\Interdictor_Cruiser.txt
Be careful and consider your options when attempting to use a High Energy Turn against the enemy. It can help, but it can also disable or even destroy your ship.
Set your tractor beams to repulse enemy missiles. It is a power drain, but is more effective than using your phasers.
When playing team multi-player games, gang up on one enemy ship at a time. Keep their shields down and ignore their allies until you have destroyed the first one, then move on to the next.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs