Super Mario 3D Land
Successfully complete World 8.
Play as Luigi
Successfully complete the game. Go to Special World 1 and complete the castle to unlock Luigi. When you see an "L" in a circle on the touch screen below the world map, tap it to play as Luigi.
bifctso rpauai voywtg argyii
Super Mario without hat and Little Mario with hat
Get 1,110 lives (triple-crown icon) and change into Super Mario or Super Luigi form to be hatless. Change into Little Mario or Little Luigi and you will be wearing a hat.
Saved game star icons
Complete the indicated task to get the corresponding stars on your saved game file. Note: Die less than five times in each level to make the stars more shiny.
- 1 star: Defeat Bowser in World 8's last level.
- 2 stars: Complete all levels as Mario.
- 3 stars: Complete all levels as Luigi.
- 4 stars: Collect the gold flag on all levels.
- 5 stars: Complete all stages with Mario and Luigi and have a Golden Flagpole on each stage with either brother.
Get a 5 star icon on your saved game file.
Alternate title screen
Save and exit the game during game play in any Special World. An alternate video will play at the main menu. To disable this effect, save and exit the game during game play in one of the first eight worlds.
Reach the end of a level with the following conditions to see the corresponding effect.
- If the last digit of your time is a "6" when you get the flagpole, balloons will appear.
- If the last digit of your time is a "3" when you get the flagpole, fireworks will appear.
- If the last digit of your time is a "1" when you get the flagpole, streamers will appear.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding photo. Note: To view the photographs, reach the Blue Mushroom house in World 3.
- Photo #2: Complete World 1.
- Photo #3: Complete World 2.
- Photo #4: Complete World 3.
- Photo #5: Complete World 4.
- Photo #6: Complete World 5.
- Photo #7: Complete World 6.
- Photo #8: Complete World 7.
- Photo #9: Complete the game as Mario.
- Photo #10: Complete the game as Luigi.
- Photo #11: Unlock Special World.
- Photo #12: Complete Special World, then complete the game.
Star Medal levels
- S1-Bowser: 110 Star Medals
- S2-Airship: 120 Star Medals
- S3-Airship: 140 Star Medals
- S4-Airship: 160 Star Medals
- S5-Bowser: 180 Star Medals
- S6-Airship: 200 Star Medals
- S7-Bowser: 220 Star Medals
- S8-1: 230 Star Medals
- S8-2: 240 Star Medals
- S8-3: 250 Star Medals
- S8-4: 260 Star Medals
- S8-5: 270 Star Medals
- S8-Bowser: 290 Star Medals
- W1-4: 3 Star Medals
- W3-5: 15 Star Medals
- W4-3: 30 Star Medals
- W5-3: 40 Star Medals
- W5-Bowser: 50 Star Medals
- W6-5: 60 Star Medals
- W7-3: 70 Star Medals
- W8-3: 80 Star Medals
- W8-Bowser 1: 90 Star Medals
- W8-Bowser 2: 100 Star Medals
World 1-2: Unlimited lives
Find the three Koopa Troopas and three coin blocks immediately after the checkpoint flag. Step on the first long coin block on the ground, then walk down onto the Koopa Troopa below when it moves directly below the coin block. If timed correctly you can bounce off the Koopa Troopa repeatedly and start unlimited lives.
World 1-2: Advance to World 2
After you get to the checkpoint flag, go to the three coin blocks with the Koopas. Jump on the middle one, then jump up as if you were going towards the back wall. You should reach a top ledge above. Run to the right, jump over the gap, and you will reach a orange pipe that will lead you to World 2.
World 2-3: Extra lives
At the end of World 2-3, go around flag pole and enter the small door in the castle to find a 1-Up mushroom island and a 1-Up mushroom.
World 4-2: Advance to World 5
Proceed through the level as normal. When you get to the three bounce blocks (the first one has 27 coins), jump on the second block. Bounce as high as possible, then wall jump on the left. You should wall jump to a secret hidden wall. Continue, and you will reach a orange pipe to World 5.
- Reach the goal post while holding an item to convert it to an extra life.
- In an airship with Boom Boom, jump on her head and stay there. She will bounce and you will get extra lives. Note: Do not stay there too long or you will lose your power-up.
Finding hidden items
If Mario looks up during game play, try to go where he is looking to find hidden coins and extra life blocks.
Grey Tanooki leaves
Collect a grey Tanooki leaf in the Special World. A red or green bandanna will appear around your neck. Do a Ground Pound and you will turn into a statue.
Golden Tanooki Suit
Fail a level repeatedly and an item box with a golden Tanooki leaf will appear. Hit the box to get a Tanooki suit which makes you invincible.
Remain idle at the title screen until a level preview begins. Continue to remain idle, and a test level will start, where you can practice your moves and play in a 3D puzzle.
- Blow into the mic to blow away all the dandelions and automatically collect any hidden coins.
- Blow into the mic to blow away any ink on the screen from the ink black piranha plants.
When viewing a photograph, as with the photo album, shake the 3DS to put some objects and characters in motion. For example, shake the 3DS when viewing the photo from World 4. You will eventually see Luigi jump up from the behind the castle wall in the background.
The Legend Of Zelda reference
Created by supershadowheroE3.
In World 5-2, have a Fire Flower. Reach the part where you are under a large "X", with a giant spiky pole circling above. Move to the left to find four lanterns. Light all four of them to hear the "secret" sound from The Legend Of Zelda, and get some coins and a medal.
Super Mario Bros. 3 reference
Lose your life ten times and a P-wing from Super Mario Bros. 3 will appear. Use it to reach the end of the level.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs