Tales Of Vesperia (Xbox 360)
Successfully complete the game and save it to create a file marked with a star icon. The following bonuses will now be unlocked.
- The "EX New Game" option will now appear. Start a new game session EX New game mode to have the Grade Shop immediately be available. You can also purchase "Battle Rank" for 50 Grade points for an additional difficulty setting.
- Load your cleared saved game file to get access to Nam Cobanda Isle at northwest part of the world map.
100-Man Melee Tournament prizes
Win the 100-Man Melee Tournament with the indicated character to unlock the corresponding prizes.
- Estell: Comet Light, Imperial Guard, Sanctuary, Secret Magic MX, Star Light
- Judith: Dragonic Coat, Gadochaos
- Karol: Brave Helm, Drill Hammer
- Raven: Celestial Star, Glorious Helm
- Repede: Aer Fragment, Maximum Dog
- Rita: Elemental Goggles, Sacred Chain
- Yuri: Colossus, Star Mail
English version of "Ring-A-Bell" song
Successfully complete the game and allow the introduction sequence to finish twice. The English version of "Ring-A-Bell" will play the second time onward.
Caer Bocram: Password to enter the vault
When you have reached the vault in The Fallen City, Caer Bocram, you should have already acquired the three passwords clues from the old buildings you searched. Enter "Sun" as a password and it will unlock the vault. The clues were "Light", "Sphere", and "Sky".
upyuwhty wlec pvrn lhnd
Nam Cobanda Island: Rita's Miska Scholar title
You must have access to the town of Arniun before you can do this trick. Start at Nam Cobanda Island by talking to the Kowz behind the desk with all the tables around it to trigger a scene. Rita will want to take a test to get the Doctoral Degree. The only way to take the test is for her to find five books:
- At Halure in the Mayor's House. Look at the book shelf.
- At Capua Torim in Fortune's Market HQ. Look at the bookshelf.
- At Heliord in the Investigation Room. Look on the left side of the room.
- At Mantanic in the Inn. Look at the bookshelf.
- At Aurnin in Aurniun's HQ. Look at Flynn's dresser.
Once you have all the books, go back to the Kowz and take the test. You will be quizzed on past Tales series of games. It does not matter if you pass or fail. You still get the title ether way.
Nam Cobanda Island: Alternate costumes
When you gain access to Nam Cobanda Island, play thou the play sub-event. Yuri, Rita, Estellise, and Karol will gain a costume title. To start the sub-event, walk to the stage in the gymnasium and talk to he man standing there. Then, just watch the funny scene and gain the titles at the end.
Sands Of Korgoth: Easy experience
In the Sands Of Korgoth immediately after Mantiac, stock up on Holy Bottles and Dark Bottles. Make your way to the Oasis save point. This save point is particular, as you will automatically heal all health and TP with it. From there, go north and run around with the Holy Bottle until night falls. Once it does, turn on the Dark Bottles. This will draw out all the monsters. The ones to look for are the little starfish-like monsters (fairly easy to spot). They run very fast towards you. Engage in battle with them. You will receive 800 experience points for each one defeated. You can easily catch between six to eight of them per night. Nights last for about three minutes, resulting in about 4,800 to 6,400 experience points every time night falls. This is an easy way to level up quickly early in the game.
Instead of manually spamming Tidal Wave with Rita, try this method. It works almost as well and you do not have to do anything. Include Rita, Raven and Estelle in your party. The fourth member can be anyone with the skill "Item Thrower". Turn off all other Artes for them, so that they are only using "Tidal Wave", "Tempest", and "Holy Rain", respectively. For the battle strategy, set whoever has "Item Thrower" to defend, watch TP, and no over limit or fatal strikes. For the Rita and Estelle, set them to target different enemies, full attack and Artes, Artes only, keep formation, no items, over limit level 1, and no fatal strikes. Do the same for Raven, except do not use any over limit for him. As for special equipment, equip Blue Dice on Raven and the character with "Item Thrower". Equip Rita and Estelle with Risky Rings. Before the battle, have everyone set the "Minimum Damage" skill. Also make sure you have items to restore TP, such as Orange Gel. Also, make sure the battle difficulty is set to hard or higher for the Grade multiplier. Go just outside of Zaphias and link encounter either the plant or mushroom enemies so you have at least six enemies in battle to keep the over limit above level 1. Turn on the battle strategy, and there you go. It should last roughly twenty minutes and at the end you will receive about 800 Grade, with no work on your part.
Grade shop items
The following items can be purchased at the Grade shop in EX New Game mode at the indicated price.
- 1/2 Experience: 10 Grade; this reduces the experience earned in battle by half.
- 10x Experience: 3,000 Grade; this multiplies the experience earned in battle by 10.
- 2x Gald: 600 Grade; this doubles Gald earned in battle.
- 2x Grade: 3,000 Grade; this doubles the Grade earned in battle.
- Artes and Skills for individual characters: 350 Grade each; this keeps all Artes and Weapon skills for each character individually.
- Artes: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all learned Artes for all characters.
- Battle Techniques: 50 Grade; this reduces the normal amount of experience earned in battle to 1, but multiplies bonus experience earned from large combos by 5.
- Collector's Book: 10 Grade; this keeps all Collector's Book data.
- Cooking Skill: 50 Grade; this keeps the Cooking skill levels for all characters.
- Craft Skill: 10 Grade; this keeps Synthesis skill level.
- Decrease Max HP: 10 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% less max HP than usual.
- Double Experience: 1,000 Grade; this doubles the experience earned in battle.
- Enemy Book: 10 Grade; this keeps all Enemy Book data.
- Gald: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all of the Gald you earned.
- Increase Item Drop Rate: 1,000 Grade; this doubles the chance of finding items after battle.
- Increase Max HP: 500 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% more max HP than usual.
- Increase Max TP: 10 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% less max TP than usual.
- Increase Max TP: 500 Grade; this has all characters start with 20% more max TP than usual.
- Increase Over Limit: 1,000 Grade; this has the Overlimit gauge fill faster and enemies use Overlimit more often.
- Items: 500 Grade; this keeps all non-story related items and equipment.
- Max 99 Items: 400 Grade; this increases the item limit to 99.
- Recipes: 10 Grade; this keeps all recipes you learned.
- Records: 10 Grade; this keeps all data from the Record menu.
- Skill SP 1: 3,000 Grade; this lowers the SP needed to equip a weapon skill to 1. This works for all characters and all weapon skills.
- Skills: 1,000 Grade; this keeps all mastered weapon skills for all characters.
- Titles: 500 Grade; this keeps all of the titles you got for every character.
- Unlock All Skits: 1,000 Grade; this allows you to view all skits, even ones you have not seen yet, at the Skit Viewer at Nam Cobanda Isle.
- Unlock Battle Rank: 50 Grade; this unlocks Unknown difficulty mode.
- World Map: 300 Grade; this keeps the world map data.
Soul Calibur 4 reference
There is a weapon for Rita called a "Sword Whip" that resembles Ivy's Sword Whip from Soul Calibur 4, another Namco Bandai game.
Tales Of The Abyss reference
Look at the back of a billboard when you first enter Nordopolica. It names all the main characters from Tales Of The Abyss.
Tales Of Phantasia reference
There is an attachment for Estelle that you can synthesize near the end of the game called Mint's Cap. Mint is one of the main characters from Tales Of Phantasia, the first Tales game.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Too Much Free Time (20 points): Patience. Hours and hours of patience.
- To Points Unknown (10 points): The journey of 100,000 km begins with a single step.
- Grand Battles (10 points): Monsters! Bring on the monsters!
- Jackpot (10 points): Win more chips!
- Piggybank (10 points): Save more Gald. More. No, seriously. A lot more.
- They Call Me... (30 points): Clear sub events to acquire titles.
- Character Study (10 points): Careful! Some skits are only available for a limited time.
- No More Grinding (10 points): Just fight and fight until you don't really need to fight anymore.
- Map Nerd (50 points): The camera reveals what the World Map holds...
- Monster Nerd (30 points): Don't forget to use a Magic Lens or two. Or more.
- Item Nerd (30 points): Careful! Some items are only available through synthesis.
- Little Mad Scientist (10 points): Synthesize! Mash stuff up! Make lots of things!
- Back Up Plan (10 points): Save points are located all over the world.
- Vesperia Master (0 points): Aim for total completion.
- The Hit that Keeps On Hitting (20 points): Keep that combo going and going and going!
Additionally there are 35 secret achievements.
- Eureka! (10 points): You used Synthesis to create new equipment and items.
- First Strike (20 points): Took out your enemy in a single shot. Master this technique to gain advantage in battles.
- Big Game Greenhorn (20 points): Giganto Monsters are... special. Big. Strong. Nasty. Have fun.
- Big Game Hunter (50 points): You slew all Giganto Monsters. Nothing can stand before you. Careful, though. It's a big world...
- Smarty-pants (10 points): Hey! You answered every quiz question right! You are a true Tales fan. Thank you.
- Speedster (15 points): Whoa! Easy! Could you be any faster?! Relax. Take your time. There's much more to discover...
- Ahhh, Memories (30 points): You have cleared the Labyrinth of Memories. Did you enjoy the surprise?
- Recovered the Aque Blastia (100 points): You took back the aque blastia core from Barbos. This should fix the lower quarter's fountain.
- Ended Alexei's Ambitions (150 points): You put an end to Alexei's ambitions. However, the Adephagos remains. The battle continues...
- Defeated the Adephagos (200 points): You defeated the Adephagos with Duke. A new world begins. A world without Blastia.
- Bunny Guild Member (10 points): Somehow, somewhere, you became an official member of the Bunny Guild. Who needs Brave Vesperia?
- Low Level Challenger (10 points): You defeated Barbos at level 15 or under. Amazing! You sure know how to take this guy down.
- Secret Mission 1 (5 points): Defeated Zagi while protecting Estellise from Zagi's attacks.
- Secret Mission 2 (5 points): Downed Goliath by attacking its Achilles' heel while it charged X Buster.
- Secret Mission 3 (5 points): Learning from Karol's experience, you used the Billybally plants to stun Gattuso.
- Secret Mission 4 (5 points): Lured Zagi to the side of the ship and knocked him overboard to cool him off.
- Secret Mission 5 (5 points): Downed the Dreaded Giant when it reared back and left itself wide open.
- Secret Mission 6 (5 points): Raven used Serpent to set a trap for the Gigalarva and prevented it from healing itself.
- Secret Mission 7 (5 points): Against Barbos, you took out the bridge supports, keeping him from calling out more of his thugs.
- Secret Mission 8 (5 points): In the third battle against Zagi, let him absorb too much magic, destroying his Bohdi Blastia.
- Secret Mission 9 (5 points): You defeated the Leader Bat and prevented Pteropus from recombining.
- Secret Mission 10 (5 points): Against Outbreaker, you destroyed the core and prevented magic from inverting day and night.
- Secret Mission 11 (5 points): Against Belius, you lit up all candlesticks and eliminated the illusions.
- Secret Mission 12 (5 points): Against Nan and Tison, time your strikes between their attacks and knock them down.
- Secret Mission 13 (5 points): Against Schwann, downed him by attacking when he was clutching his heart after his mystic arte.
- Secret Mission 14 (5 points): During the fourth battle against Zagi, used Karol's Nice Recovery Smash arte to force him to recover from poison.
- Secret Mission 15 (5 points): Against Baitojoh, hit it 3 times during its Ice Edge attack and fished it out of the water.
- Secret Mission 16 (5 points): Against Estellise, used the item, Mother's Memento.
- Secret Mission 17 (5 points): Against Yeager, made his heart explode using Raven's Rain arte.
- Secret Mission 18 (5 points): Against Alexei, downed him by attacking when he was tired after his mystic arte.
- Secret Mission 19 (5 points): Against Gusios, attacked his tail, then downed him with a close attack while his feet were raised.
- Secret Mission 20 (5 points): Against Khroma, downed her by timing your strikes between certain of her attacks.
- Secret Mission 21 (5 points): Against Flynn, he used every arte he could, including a mystic arte.
- Secret Mission 22 (5 points): On the fifth battle against Zagi, downed him by attacking after he becomes exhausted from Blastia Bane.
- Secret Mission 23 (5 points): Defeated Duke using a mystic arte.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs