The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
This game is titled The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass in North America, Europe, and Australia and Zelda no Densetsu: Mugen no Sunadokei in Japan.
Complete the indicated task against another player in WiFi mode to unlock the corresponding Big Play. Note: You will get a letter that allows you to get a Golden part for your ship at Cannon Island for every four Big Plays.
nspn, nl wobay
- Battle Master: Complete the "Limit" and "Master" Big Plays in the same match.
- Break: Break 10 or more of your opponent's helpful items.
- Get Everything: Win by turning all the Force Gems your color.
- Guardian: Win without letting your opponent score any points.
- Guardian King: Take Link down three times as the Phantoms.
- Limit: Defeat Link within the last 20 seconds two times.
- Master: Complete the "No Miss" and "Guardian" Big Plays in the same match.
- Miracle: Win by a final score of 1-0.
- No Dribble: Win without dropping any Force Gems outside a base or safe zone.
- No Items: Win without taking a single item.
- No Miss: Win without being taken down as Link.
- Perfect: Complete the "Get Everything" and "Guardian" Big Plays in the same match.
- Perfect Master: Complete the "Perfect" and "Limit" Big Plays in the same match.
- Quick: Win a match, by defeating Link in the first 20 seconds of two turns.
- Solo: Defeat Link in any one turn using only one Phantom.
- Take: Pick up at least ten helpful items.
- When you face the final boss of the game, Bellum, make sure you have Purple Potions. In his first form, he will first sit in the middle of the pool, spitting drops of sludge that turn into enemies if you do not get hit by them. Equip the Grapple Hook. Grab the purple puddles on Bellum's body while dodging and destroying the enemies he spits out. Then, use the Grapple Hook to bring Bellum to you, then slash away. Repeat this process of grabbing him and striking him until he flies to the second floor. Run up the stairs to the next floor. Equip the bow and arrows and aim for the eyes on his tentacles. Note: The ones with their eye open will attack if you are close. Once they are all shut he will fall to the pool again. Once again, equip the Grapple Hook. Grab the puddles on him then grab him. Strike him as much as you can until he gets up. This time he will go to the third floor of the structure. Follow him up then take aim. He will use more devastating attacks this time. For one, watch for his tentacles to all raise up. When this happens, stand behind a pillar to avoid taking damage. His tentacles will be harder to take out because the eyes on them occasionally close and your arrows will not hurt them. Continue dodging and shooting his tentacles until they are all out again. Watch the intermission sequence, then go to the first floor. Once there, the steps will break away and Bellum will begin to attack. Celia will then make a Phantom Sphere for you. To use it, tap the circle in the bottom center of the screen then draw a figure "8" within the frame that appears. If done correctly, time should stop for a while. Time it to where Bellum is rampaging in a circle with his eye open. After you do that slash at his exposed eye. Repeat this until he is defeated.
- After the first battle and intermission sequence is over you will have to face Bellum on the seas. Use the stylus to aim and fire your cannon. To defeat Bellum, shoot the eyeball puddles on the ship. Because you cannot dodge most of his fire, shoot his blasts before they reach you. Watch out for torpedo-like fire that travels underwater. In this case, you can either jump over it or shoot it. Continue to shoot the eyes out until three eyes extend from the deck of his ship. Shoot these eyes to end this battle.
- After you complete the ship and intermission sequence save the game when prompted. At the start of the battle, use the Phantom Sphere and run towards his back. Once the time expires and after the intermission sequence, Bellum's back will be shown on the top screen. Dodge his attacks and quickly run in. Strike him, though he will only block them. After a few hits he may jump to the side. If this happens, do not let up on him. Continue to strike him without any hesitation. After a few more hits you will be prompted to rapidly rub the touch screen. Rub the screen until his guard breaks, then hit him so that he falls to his knees. Catch the Phantom Sphere Celia makes for you then dodge his attacks. Note: You can bring him to his knees as many times as desired. This helps you stock up on Phantom Spheres so you will not have to collect one after every use. Watch the top screen and wait for the eye to open, then activate the Phantom Sphere. Note: You can still move Link when the frame appears onscreen. Freeze time and strike his back. Repeat this process until he is defeated.
- Use the following trick to defeat the Bellum Knight (third form). Make sure you have yellow potions. When you stop time and go to his back, his eye will be covered. At this point, Ciela (The Courage Spirit) will get taken away from you. Stand in a corner and start attacking him rapidly. When he jumps to your side, dodge his attack. Attack him once more to get caught in a clash. Overpower him and attack him again. Wait until his eye is open and stop time. Start striking him in the eye multiple times. After doing this three to five times, he will die.
Look on the map. You will see the three people Blaaz turns into. Each one will have a certain amount of horns with the boomerang. Hit them in order from least to greatest and they will become Blaaz. Hit him with the boomerang then hit him with your sword and repeat.
Finding the Yook
When you are looking for the Yook, the Yook is Aroo.
Go to Bannan Island and talk to the Old Wayfarer. He will tell you he has been chasing a mermaid, but she only appears when there are no monsters around. Kill all the monsters on the island (the bats in the cave do not count), and she will appear by the coast. If you try getting near her, she will dive and reappear somewhere else on the island. You must throw the boomerang at her. Then, talk to the Old Wayfarer, then to Linebeck, then back to the Old Wayfarer.
When you enter the ghost ship for the first time in
the northwestern sea (after you have collected all three spirits,
Power, Wisdom, and Courage) go down the stairs. Defeat the enemies.
The blue flame will extinguish. Talk to the girl in red. She will
ask you to find her three sisters (one on each floor). When you
find the girl in yellow (the second sister you will find), she
will say that there are two treasure chests. Insist to take the
one on the left. She will ask if you know which one is left. If
you select "Not really" she will say "You silly
boy, left is the one that isn't right". If you take the one
on the left you will get a ten Rupoor, another Reapling will appear,
and the girl will laugh and say "TEE-HEE! how unlucky for
Ghost ship lies
The Ghost ship is full of lies. If you open the chest the girl tells you to, you will get a Rupoor and another Reapling. If you activate the switch on B3, it leads to a trap door and spawns a Reapling. The order of the switches is not 24513 as the tablet says, but instead 41523. Note: You do not follow that exact order, you follow the positions of the numbers (for example, 1 is the fourth number, and 2 is the first).
Ransacking Beble's ship
Beble's ship can only be accessed once a day; if you
buy everything he has he can only sell you potions. Beble's ship
is a great place to get cheap treasure and rare ship parts (depending
on the day). Go to his ship. Buy everything he has. Save the game.
Turn off the DS. Turn it back on and change the system date. Turn
off the DS and resume the game. You should start at your save
point. Go to Beble's ship, which should be close. He should have
more or new stock.
While sailing on your ship you will encounter enemy
pirate ships. If you destroy all the ships in the group, the last
ship destroyed will leave a red "X" on your map. This
is where you can salvage for a treasure.
Use the following trick to get the slate from the frog king that allows you to fly to certain locations. The totems that you must hit in order are northeast, northwest, southwest, and west.
When you enter the mini-game, the high score is 2,500 points. It is impossible to get if you only hit blue targets, and it is the same if you only hit red targets. You must hit the red targets five times each to make 100. The only difficult part is that you will have less time to hit the blue target. If you miss one blue target, you should end up with 2,360 points. It
does not matter though, because he still gives you a prize. The prize can be Green Rupee (1), Blue Rupee (5), Red Rupee (20), Big Green Rupee (100), Big Red Rupee (200), Ship Parts, Power
Gem, Wisdom Gem, or a Courage Gem. A prize of your choice is awarded if you get 2,500 points.
Search the indicated locations to find a hidden island.
- Spirit Island: Southwest Sea, south of Molida Island are three boulders. The island is in the center of the boulders.
- Zauz's Island: Northwest Sea, slightly northwest of the Isle of Gust, directly above the fog.
- Uncharted Island: Northwest Sea, below Bannan Island.
- Dee Ess Island: Southeast Sea, east of Goron Island.
- Harrow Island: Southeast Sea, west of Isle of Frost.
- Maze Island: Northeast Sea, slightly northwest of the Isle of Dead.
Mercay Islands: Reaching the chest
Travel to Mercay Islands. If you go southeast on the east side of the island you will see a treasure chest. You cannot reach it by jumping. Find a chicken. There are two of them on the island. Go back to where you see the treasure chest. Back up slightly, then run up and jump. You should be able to reach the treasure chest and obtain the crown that was passed down from
the Zoras from generation to generation.
Beedle always new ship parts
Use the following trick instead of waiting for Beedle
to get new shipment of parts. Save the game. Go into the system
calendar then change the date. Beedle will always get new ship
Free ship parts and treasure
Enter the Temple Of The Ocean King and kill all phantoms on that floor (except for floor B5). A chest will appear, giving you a free ship part or treasure.
Fake Link rewards and Windwaker spoof
In the northwestern area, sail to the traveling ship and climb aboard. Talk to the "Doppleganger" and he will tell you that his boat's name is "The Prince of Red Lions". Also his uniform resembles Link's but with a few tweaks. He will the take you as an apprentice and challenge you to a fight. Leave and re-enter the ship. Fight him again and make more hits than last time. Exit and re-enter again. Fight him and make as many hits as you can. Under 100 hits will earn you a spoil (for example, Pearl Necklace, Princess Crown, etc.). Get more than 100 hits and you will get a Heart Container. Aim for 150 or higher.
In the town on Mercay Island, attack a chicken consecutively enough times and the chicken will turn red. Dozens of other chickens will attack you. This may also work in other areas with chickens. The attack subsides with time, but you may lose two to three hearts.
Great Spin attack
Created by TheRagnarokSeeker.
You will learn the Great Spin attack when you complete the trading sequence, which is as follows. Board the Traveler's ship in the Northeastern sea, and you will meet the Man of Smiles. He will ask if you want a normal or a mysterious reward. Choose "Mysterious", and he will give you the Hero's New Clothes. On the Northwestern Sea, talk with Nyeve (the person who takes you as his apprentice). In exchange for the Hero's New Clothes he will give you the Telescope. One of the members of the Ho Ho Tribe will say that the Telescope has his name on it. Give it to him and you will receive the Guard Notebook. The Guard Notebook belongs to Nyave (the person who is always surrounded by monsters in his ship), who lost it long ago. As a thank you gift, he will give you a Wood Heart. You must have obtained the Fishing Rod in order to proceed. Go talk to the Old Wayfarer. You will find out that he is gone. Go to the Southeastern Sea and board the new Traveler's ship that has appeared. Give him the Wood Heart, and he will tell you to meet him at his house. Once there he will give you the Swordsman's Scroll, which teaches you the Great Spin attack technique.
Go to the northeast ocean. Go to the Traveler's Ship. Kill the enemies there, then exit. The Man Of Smiles will come out and give you the Hero's New Clothes (if you have not been there before). Do this again and you get a Prize Postcard. Put it in the mailbox and you will get a prize. Note: If it says that you won, you actually did not win. If you lost, you won.
Show your feelings in Battle mode
In Battle mode, between a battle's ending and the next battle's start, press A, B, X or Y to show your opponent "how you are feeling". X is happy, A and Y are surprised, and B is unimpressed.
- When traveling the ocean you may encounter a jellyfish-like creature that hovers high above your ship. When this happens, do not hesitate to shoot it. Each hit is worth one rupee. After about ten to fifteen hits it will multiply, giving you double the rupees if you aim correctly. Once it multiplies, the copies will begin to descend into the sea. Keep them afloat by hooting and hitting them.
- Once it is open, take all of the ship parts and treasures you have doubles of to the Collector on Mercay Island. This is an easy way to get rupees. Do not take your Pink Coral there. There is a travelers ship filled with men with telescopes. A person there will buy the coral for a lot more than the collector.
- Go to the Traveler's Ship in the southwest ocean. Kill the enemies there, then keep tapping on him to talk (if you have never been there before). He will give you a gift once a day for saving him. Save the game, then turn off the DS. Change the system date, then save him again. He will give you more than one gift (at least three). Sell everything you get except Pink Coral to the treasure teller. Go to the traveler's ship in the southeast ocean and sell your Pink Coral there.
Hourglass Castle Challenge 1 boomerang
On the second basement floor, you are required to get
a key (like on the previous floor to continue). Instead of doing
the entire puzzle on that floor, make the key appear by hitting
the two globes and make the fire disappear by pulling the lever.
Make your way to the red blocks that are blocking your way. You
should be able to see the key behind the wall. Stand above the
third red block from the left. Face northwest and pull out your
boomerang. You should be able to get the key by starting an oval
and going counterclockwise from Link all the way to the key and
back to Link. Note: This may require several attempts. The boomerang
should travel from Link's hand, above his head, through the wall
above the spikes, over the spikes, get the key, then go through
the wall where Link is standing and bring the key to him.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs