The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword
This game is titled The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword in North America, Europe, and Australia, and Zelda no Densetsu: Skyward Sword in Japan.
Successfully complete the game. Hero mode is activated when you start a new game session; which will overwrite your saved game. In this mode, hearts last half as long, hearts and heart flowers will not appear unless you are carrying a Heart Medal, you will start with a fully powered up Skyward Strike attack, the Sheikah Stone will let you access all the hints, and you will have your previously collected insects and treasures. Additionally, Boss Rush mode will include the final Boss.
Defeat eight Bosses consecutively in the Boss Challenge at Lanayru Gorge in Hero mode. Note: If your inventory is full it will be placed in Item Check; afterwards the reward is 1,000 rupees.
Triforce saved game icon
Defeat the final Boss and complete the game in Hero mode.
Get detailed help in our The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword forum.
Goddess Wall items
Play your harp near a group of butterflies in certain areas and a Goddess Wall may appear nearby. Hold your sword up to the light and draw symbols on the wall to obtain the corresponding items.
- Recovery hearts: Draw a heart.
- Rupees: Draw a rupee.
- Arrows: Drawing an arrow.
- Bombs: Draw a circle.
- Fairies: Draw a Triforce.
Gratitude Crystal bonuses
Collect the indicated number of Gratitude Crystals and bring them to Batreaux to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- 2 Gold Rupees: 70 Gratitude Crystals
- Big Wallet and Cursed Medal (Holds 1,000 Rupees): 30 Gratitude Crystals
- Giant Wallet (5,000 Rupee capacity): 50 Gratitude Crystals
- Gold Rupee: 40 Gratitude Crystals
- Piece of Heart: 10 Gratitude Crystals
- The Medium Wallet (500 Rupee capacity): 5 Gratitude Crystals
- Tycoon Wallet (9,000 Rupee capacity): 80 Gratitude Crystals
Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round bonuses
Win the indicated number of battles in the Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- 20 Rupees: 1 battle
- Small Treasure (Random): 2 battles
- 100 Rupees: 3 battles
- Piece of Heart (or 200 Rupees): 4 battles
- 300 Rupees: 5 battles
- Rare Treasure (Random): 6 battles
- 500 Rupees: 7 battles
- Hylian Shield: 8 battles
- 2,000 Rupees: 9 battles
- 3 Rare Treasures: 10 battles
- 3,000 Rupees: 11 battles
- 9,900 Rupees: 12 battles
Moonlight Merchant items
At night, go to the Waterfall Cave in Skyloft. Find the three Blessed Butterflies nearby play your harp as if summoning a Gossip Stone. The Moonlight Merchant will appear. The following items can be purchased from him.
- Blue Bird Feather: 200 Rupees
- Dusk Relic: 100 Rupees
- Evil Crystal: 100 Rupees
- Goddess Plume: 200 Rupees
- Golden Skull: 200 Rupees
- Monster Horn: 100 Rupees
Use the Bug Net or Big Bug Net to capture the following bugs in the Overworld. Bring them to the Potion Lady's husband in the Skyloft Bazaar along with the base potion to upgrade it.
- Air Potion+ (20 Rupees): 2 Sky Stag Beetles, 2 Skyloft Mantises, 2 Lanayru Ants
- Guardian Potion+ (40 Rupees): 1 Faron Grasshopper, 2 Eldin Rollers, 3 Blessed Butterflies, 3 Starry Fireflies
- Heart Potion+ (20 Rupees): 1 Woodland Rhino Beetle, 3 Blessed Butterflies, 1 Volcanic Ladybug
- Heart Potion++ (30 Rupees): 3 Deku Hornets, 3 Blessed Butterflies, 1 Sand Cicada, 1 Eldin Roller
- Revitalizing Potion+ (20 Rupees): 3 Deku Hornets, 2 Skyloft Mantises, 2 Woodland Rhino Beetles
- Revitalizing Potion++ (30 Rupees): 3 Lanayru Ants, 2 Woodland Rhino Beetles, 1 Gerudo Dragonfly, 1 Sand Cicada
- Stamina Potion+ (20 Rupees): 3 Volcanic Ladybugs, 2 Sky Stag Beetles, 2 Gerudo Dragonflies, 1 Faron Grasshopper
Collect the indicated material to have owner of the Scrap Shop in Skyloft upgrade the corresponding item.
- Banded Shield (Wooden Shield upgrade, 30 Rupees): 2 Amber Relics, 1 Monster Claw, 1 Jelly Blob
- Big Bug Net (Bug Net upgrade, 100 Rupees): 3 Tumbleweeds, 2 Ancient Flowers, 1 Evil Crystal
- Braced Shield (Banded Shield upgrade, 50 Rupees): 2 Monster Claws, 3 Amber Relics, 2 Tumbleweeds, 1 Ornament Skull
- Divine Shield (Sacred Shield upgrade, 100 Rupees): 3 Ornament Skulls, 1 Dusk Relic, 2 Bird Feathers
- Fortified Shield (Reinforced Shield upgrade, 100 Rupees): 3 Eldin Ores, 3 Monster Claws, 3 Tumbleweeds, 1 Blue Bird Feather
- Goddess Shield (Divine Shield upgrade, 150 Rupees): 3 Monster Horns, 4 Dusk Relics, 3 Bird Feathers, 1 Blue Bird Feather
- Iron Bow (Wooden Bow upgrade, 50 Rupees): 3 Tumbleweeds, 3 Monster Claws, 2 Eldin Ores, 1 Evil Crystal
- Large Bomb Bag (Medium Bomb Bag upgrade, 100 Rupees): 3 Lizard Tails, 4 Jelly Blobs, 2 Hornet Larvae, 1 Golden Skull
- Large Quiver (Medium Quiver upgrade, 100 Rupees): 2 Monster Horns, 3 Dusk Relics, 1 Golden Skull, 1 Goddess Plume
- Large Seed Satchel (Medium Seed Satchel upgrade, 100 Rupees): 5 Amber Relics, 3 Monster Claws, 1 Golden Skull, 1 Blue Bird Feather
- Medium Bomb Bag (Small Bomb Bag upgrade, 50 Rupees): 1 Lizard Tail, 3 Ornament Skulls, 1 Blue Bird Feather
- Medium Quiver (Small Quiver upgrade, 50 Rupees): 3 Monster Horns, 3 Dusk Relics, 5 Amber Relics
- Medium Seed Satchel (Small Seed Satchel upgrade, 50 Rupees): 4 Amber Relics, 3 Monster Claws, 3 Ornament Skulls
- Quick Beetle (Hook Beetle upgrade, 50 Rupees): 2 Ancient Flowers, 2 Hornet Larvae, 1 Golden Skull
- Reinforced Shield (Iron Shield upgrade, 50 Rupees): 2 Eldin Ores, 2 Ornament Skulls, 2 Monster Claws
- Sacred Bow (Iron Bow upgrade, 100 Rupees): 5 Tumbleweeds, 3 Lizard Tails, 2 Evil Crystals, 1 Goddess Plume
- Scattershot (Slingshot upgrade, 50 Rupees): 2 Dusk Relics, 2 Amber Relics, 3 Jelly Blobs
- Tough Beetle (Quick Beetle upgrade, 50 Rupees): 3 Ancient Flowers, 4 Amber Relics, 1 Blue Bird Feather, 1 Goddess Plume
Heart Piece locations
Search the indicated locations to find the corresponding Heart Piece.
- Goddess Cube, Deep Woods: Activate the Goddess Cube outside the Skyview Temple entrance. The chest can be found on a small island south of Skyloft.
- Goddess Cube, Temple of Time: There is a mine cart and a robot blocking the path that upgrades your map to have multiple waypoints in the area outside the Temple of Time . The Goddess Cube is east from here, along the mine cart track. Use the Timeshift Stone above the area to push or ride the mine cart to the edge of the Timeshift Stone's effect. There is another stone across the gorge. Activate it with the Hook Beetle and get in the mine cart. Charge a Skyward Strike and hit the Goddess Cube as the mine cart passes it. The chest can be found on Beedle's Island in the northeast of the sky.
- Goddess Cube, Faron Woods: Note: This requires the Water Dragon's Scale. Get access to the top of the Great Tree in Faron Woods. Drop off the ledge on the northeast side of the tree. Fall to the platform with the Goddess Cube. Note: This cube can be seen from the viewing platform with the Bird Statue in the north.
- Goddess Cube, Pirate Stronghold: Note: This requires the Clawshots. Open the jaws in the Pirate Stronghold and get outside. Turn around and look for a high Clawshots target. This will lead to the Goddess Cube.
- Goddess Cube, Volcano Summit: The cave leading to the Fire Sanctuary entrance has an exit that leads to a waterfall. Use the water to put out the frog statue flames. Run off the cliff by this waterfall and fall down. Maneuver around a pillar to land on the platform with the Cube.
- Goddess Cube, Eldin Volcano: Note: This requires the Water Dragon's Scale. There is a long sand slide on the eastern side of Eldin Volcano, in the far north. Take the left side and aim for the left platform that has a Dig Spot. Below this is another platform with a Goddess Cube. The chest is in the center of the town of Skyloft. Note: You must swim underwater to reach the area it is in.
- Between Sealed Grounds and Faron Woods: Gorko will give you a Heart Piece after you showing him how to draw a heart symbol on the Goddess Wall by the shrine entrance.
- Eldin Volcano: The Heart Piece is above the area in the southwest of Eldin Volcano. Send the Beetle past it then run it into a bomb by the shelled Pyrup to take it out. Set a waypoint marker on your map to it, then run all the way around and collect the Heart Piece.
- Faron Woods: Note: The Bomb Bag is required. Destroy the bomb-able wall near the entrance to the path to the Sealed Grounds on the west side of Faron Woods proper.
- Faron Woods: The central tree in the northern portion of Faron Woods has a root that in the south that leads to a rope. Use it to cross to the Heart Piece.
- Fire Sanctuary: Note: The Mogma Mitts is required. Find the dig spot in the northwest corner of the Fire Sanctuary, just before the river of lava. Catch a Mogma in the tunnel to get the Heart Piece.
- Fun Fun Island: Fix Fun Fun Island and get a perfect score in the Dodoh's Drop game. To do this, drop through all five rings to get a x10 score multiplier and land on the 50 Rupee multicolored space.
- Lanayru Desert: Note: The Clawshots is required. Open the bombable wall found in the northeast of Lanayru Desert proper. Proceed ahead to a long path of Clawshots targets and Chuchus. The Heart Piece is in a chest at the end.
- Lanayru Gorge: Revive the Thunder Dragon then play Lightning Round/Boss Rush mode. Defeat four consecutive bosses and quit to collect the Heart Piece.
- Pumpkin Landing: Complete all of the tasks for the owner of the Lumpy Pumpkin (Pumpkin Soup delivery, Pumpkin Harvest, and Kina's song).
- Pumpkin Landing: Enter the Pumpkin landing pub and run upstairs. Roll into a rafter to bring down the Heart Piece.
- Sandship: Note: The Clawshots is required. Make your way through the crow's nests of the Sandship to get access to the rear of the ship. Use the Clawshots to reach a Clawshot Target that allows you drop down the back side of the ship. A chest there has the Heart Piece.
- Shipyard: Complete the Sandship and return to the Shipyard. Play the Rickety Coaster game and complete the Expert course in 65 seconds.
- Skyloft: Bring ten Gratitude Crystals to Batreaux.
- Skyloft: Complete the Fledge's Workout side quest. Find Fledge in the pumpkin patch on Skyloft, then score 600 points in the Pumpkin Pull game.
- Skyloft: Note: The Clawshots is required. Enter Zelda's room. You can see the Heart Piece through a crack in Karane's wall. Climb to the roof of the Knight Academy and aim the Clawshot under the roof of the chimney. Release and fall into a room above the bath. Climb through the small hole and drop into Zelda's room. Open her cupboard to find the Heart Piece.
- Skyloft: Purchase the Heart Piece in Beedle's Shop for 1,600 rupees after getting a wallet large enough to hold the funds.
- Skyview Temple: Get the Beetle and use it to hit a switch above the bottle-like structure to open a gate to the Heart Piece.
- Volcano Summit: Note: The Mogma Mitts is required. Find the Gossip Stone with a dig spot in front of it at the entrance to the Fire Sanctuary. A Heart Piece can be found there.
Beedle's trap door
Do not buy anything from Beedle's Shop and try to leave. Beedle will open a trap door and you will fall to the ground below.
Entering Zelda's room
Climb around to the roof over Zelda's room using the ledge by the upper entrance to the Knight Academy. Use the Clawshots on the target on the top of the chimney's reverse side to enter the academy. Note: If done at night, Gaepora will be taking a bath below where you land. Crawl through the passage to enter Zelda's room. Once there you can look at Zelda's Diary by sitting in her chair; get a Gratitude Crystal (at night); get a Heart Piece from the cabinet; and look at the Tingle doll.
Sit on the small stools or chairs that can be found in dungeons. After a few seconds your hearts will begin to refill.
When diving into some islands you may be surrounded by a group of creatures with colored tails. If you touch all of them before dropping to a certain altitude you will get a red rupee.
The Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time reference
When played backwards, the theme song resembles "Zelda's Lullaby" from The Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time.