The Sims 3 (Xbox 360)
Note: Enabling cheats will disable challenges and achievements. However, the game gives you the option to save your neighborhood before the cheats were activated to resume from there later. Once you load your family in a house or location, press Start. Then, hold RB + RT + LB + LT' and the cheats instructions will tell you that Spot is now available under "Decor-Miscellaneous". Place him in your lot and all cheats are readily available for use.
Instead of using a cheat code to toggle "aging on" and "aging off" like in The Sims 2, you can de-activate the age in "Options", then "Game Options". When you uncheck the box next to "Aging", your Sims will no longer become older. You can also slow aging down in this menu by setting the "Lifetime" bar. It can be set from 25 days to 960 days.
Changing your name
When you create a Sim and do not want to copy your Sim and start over to give it a new name, or just start from scratch and go through the jobs and skill leveling again, use the following trick to change your name easily. Go to your map and find the City Hall. It should give you an option to change your name during the day time between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. during the week (Monday through Friday).
To get new clothes, you must first have to buy a dresser from "Buy Options". Once there click "Plan Outfit". You can put a total of three different clothes for each type (formal, every day, athletic, etc.)
Start writing novels on your computer. Write fiction novels as they take the least amount of time. They will not bring you too much Simoleons. When you write, your skill will automatically advance. If your skill is high enough you will be able to write more novel types/genres. The most money can be made from "Romance Novels". You will get royalties for six weeks once you finish a book. With the "Writing" skill maxed out, you can make about 40,000 Simoleons every week, which is more than the 34,800 Simoleons you can get by purchasing all neighborhood businesses, and takes less time to achieve. In three game weeks you should have a very high speed writing, 9 or 10 novels as best sellers and 100,000 Simoleons.
fdvted nyr rdvp
No matter how many times you use an object, if you sell it in the same day you can get all your money back. If your Sim is poor and needs body points or something else, buy a body machine and keep selling it back to get a refund of all your money.
Duck Time moodlet
Buy the Ducksworth of Bathington and place it in your bathtub. When a Sim uses takes a bath, they will get the Duck Time moodlet which results in a +15 boost for four hours.
Buy a guitar. Play it to learn how to play guitar. Keep playing until you reach 5/10 level, which gives you the ability to "Play For Tips". When you have that ability, go to the park with the guitar in your inventory. When you are in the park, click the guitar in your inventory and select "Play For Tips". People watching you will become your friends if you keep playing. The higher your guitar skill, the faster they will become friends with you.
Getting rid of dirty dishes
Drag an empty plate into a Sim's inventory then drag it to sell. You will not make any money, but if your Sim does not have a dish washer, it is fast and efficient.
Increase chance to have boy babies
Have a pregnant female Sim eat apples to increase the chance of having a boy.
Increase chance to have girl babies
Have a pregnant female Sim eat watermelons to increase the chance of having a boy..
Increase chance for multiple births
To have an increased chance of having twins or triplets, have one or both parents have the lifetime reward of Fertility Treatment.
Use the following trick to change your Sim's age (toddler, child, teen,etc.) quickly. Buy a birthday cake from the grocery store and place it somewhere on your lot. Click the cake and select "Have Birthday". Then, choose the Sim to be aged. This is a good method to get past the baby stage.
One person will die in your town each day. If this process is continued long enough, your town will soon be empty. Note: Elderly Sims will usually die first, yet death can occur frequently throughout Sims ages teen through elderly.
Ghosts in your house
Start by going to the graveyard. Once there, click all the tombstones. With any of them that say "Pick Up" or "Take", do so. Once you are sure you have all the tombstones you can get, return to your house. Place them outside somewhere in your backyard. You now have a 70% chance of a ghost or two, or even a whole party of ghosts visiting your house each night. To improve your chances, write in the epitaph "Here Lies <Sim's name>, The One Who Returns".
Go to Pleasant Rest Graveyard. Near the gate is a bush called "Death Flower Bush". Harvest the flower from it and keep it in your Sim's inventory. If you die, that Sim will give that flower to the Grim Reaper and be resurrected. Although the flower will not reappear there again, if your Sim has level 7 Gardening they can plant the Unknown Special Seeds found in the graveyard and some other places that have a chance to grown as a Death Flower. Note: Having the Green Thumb trait to revive the plant may help.
Learn four skills at once
PC Read "Easy Cooking, Gardening, or Fishing Skill" by Tony Ortale. Keep repeating Tony's steps until each skill channel has been viewed. The Sim will keep learning the three skills as he or she goes on about their daily life, and four when doing skill activities.
Building a basement
On a new lot, put down staircases to lower the terrain. Go to the bottom of the first one. Miss out one tile and put down another staircase. Repeat this once more and you should have three staircases. Delete the staircases. Use the "Level Terrain" tool to level the terrain from the lowest tile. Set it as big or small as desired. Using the "Straight Line Wall" tool, build walls around this hole so that there are walls pressed up against hills. Build the room above so that it covers the entire basement. Cover around the house with the "Foundation" tool; all the slopes should be covered up. Place one tile in the top floor then create a staircase leading down to the basement. Make two or more foundation blocks at the front of the house, and place a staircase leading up them.
Creating brilliant paintings or masterpieces
PC Create a stylized still life after it is unlocked. Choose "Genius" and make it in the largest possible frame. You will now have a much better chance of getting a brilliant painting or masterpiece.
Electronic Arts game references
- Have the video game system and have your Sims play it. Zoom in on the television to see that the games they are playing are various Electronic Arts titles.
- Have a Sim reach the top painting level to have the ability to create masterpieces. One of the paintings that can be created is that of a creature from Spore.
Easy "How You Doin?" achievement
Created by NeMiiZz121.
Easy "Sim About Town" achievement
Created by NeMiiZz121.
Easy "This Is So Meta" achievement
Created by NeMiiZz121.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points. Note: Enabling cheats will prevent achievements from being unlocked.
- Baby Steps (5 points): Create a household.
- Graduated (5 points): Complete the in-game tutorial.
- How you Doin'? (10 points): Learn the Charisma Skill.
- Wishful Thinker (10 points): Complete 10 Wishes.
- What Goes Around (10 points): Use a Karma Power.
- BFF! (10 points): Make a best friend.
- Sim About Town (10 points): Attend a town event.
- It's a Date (20 points): Go on a date.
- You Never Forget Your First (30 points): Have a first kiss.
- Woo Hoo! (40 points): Make Woo Hoo.
- Climbing the Ladder (20 points): Reach level 5 in a career.
- That New Car Smell (5 points): Buy a car.
- Not Twice, But 10 Times (20 points): Complete 10 Opportunities.
- This is so Meta (5 points): Experience the Meta.
- I Double Dare Ya (5 points): Explore the catacombs after dark.
- Sim-Author (10 points): Write a book.
- Epic Party (20 points): Throw an awesome party.
- Partners in Crime (10 points): Become a partner of the Paragon Personal Private Charity Warehouse.
- Stylizer (15 points): Design and save 20 styles using Create a Style.
- The Big Proposal (50 points): Get engaged.
- Movin' On Up (40 points): Move into a new home.
- Expertise (25 points): Reach level 10 in a Skill.
- Once a Parent, Always a Parent (40 points): Welcome a child into the family.
- Working Friends (30 points): Become best friends with your boss and all of your co-workers.
- Be Excellent To Each-other (15 points): Reach the maximum potential Karma.
- Dream Big (50 points): Complete a Lifetime Wish.
- Home is Where the Simoleons Are (10 points): Raise your household's value to §35,000 or more.
- Not Dead Yet (10 points): Resurrect a Sim.
- Power Overwhelming (25 points): Unlock every Good Karma Power by purchasing them with Challenge Points.
- Mad Skillz (15 points): Complete any 2 Skill Journal Milestones.
- Leet Skillz (25 points): Complete any 10 Skill Journal Milestones.
- Genie (30 points): Gain 150,000 Lifetime Happiness Points on one Sim.
- But it's Inflammable! (10 points): Extinguish a Sim on fire.
- The Reviler (30 points): Become a public menace.
- Epic Fail (15 points): Use the Epic Fail Karma Power on 13 unsuspecting sims not in your family.
- Matchmaker (30 points): Start 5 romantic relationships.
- Fit For a King (15 points): Prepare a perfect meal.
- Owned! (15 points): Buy out a commercial property in town.
- Pyromaniac (20 points): Get an insurance check for over §15,000 after using the Firestorm Karma Power.
- Botanical Perfection (15 points): Grow a perfect plant.
- Trophy Fish (15 points): Catch a perfect fish.
- Happiness... It Stacks (15 points): Get 5 positive moodlets at the same time on one Sim.
- Master Architect (20 points): Build a home of at least §350,000 property value on a large lot.
- Child Prodigy (20 points): Complete a Lifetime Wish before becoming a Young Adult.
- True Wealth (25 points): Gain 250,000 Lifetime Happiness on one Sim.
- Challenging (20 points): Complete 50 Challenges.
- Very Challenging (25 points): Complete 100 Challenges.
- Uberchallenging (30 points): Complete 150 Challenges.
- Wish-Master (25 points): Complete 100 Wishes.
- Miracle Worker (30 points): Complete 1,000 Wishes.
Use the following trick to earn over 4,000 Simoleons quickly. Buy a desk and a chair for the desk. Place it anywhere in your household. After calling the repairman a few times he will bring a XS 4258p Laptop and place it on the desk. He will forget it is there when he leaves, as long as there is no other items on the desk when he arrives. This process is repeatable and will earn you between 2,400 and over 4,000 Simoleons depending on how soon you sell it.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs