Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (Xbox 360)
One hit kills
Pause game play in Single Player mode then hold LB and click Left Analog-stick, Right Analog-stick, Left Analog-stick, Right Analog-stick, press A, B, click Left Analog-stick, Right Analog-stick, Left Analog-stick, Right Analog-stick, press X, Y.
Third person mode
- Pause game play in Single Player mode then hold LB and press X, B, X, B, click Left Analog-stick(2), press Y, A, Y, A, click Right Analog-stick(2).
- To enable third person mode in two player mode, you must first go to one player then press Start. Enable the code for "Third person mode" quickly, then go to the main menu. It will show Third Person mode still on. Go to two players and you will have Third Person mode for both players.
Pause game play in Single Player mode then hold LB and press B, X, A, Y, click Left Analog-stick, press Y, A, X, B, click Right Analog-stick.
Host an online match on Xbox Live. It can be any match type, as long as you are the host. After the game begins, press Start. Then hold LB and Left Analog-stick(2), press A, click Right Analog-stick(2), press B, click Left Analog-stick(2), press X, click Right Analog-stick(2), press Y. The message "GiDoeJoe Mode" will appear on everyone's screen to confirm correct code entry. Alpha team will shoot blue lasers and Bravo will shoot red lasers.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Sniper (15 points): 10 kills using a Sniper rifle in an online ranked match.
- Marksman (10 points): 100 total player kills in any adversarial mode.
- Killer's Spree (20 points): 5 consecutive player kills without dying.
- Killer's Rampage (30 points): 10 consecutive player kills without dying.
- Demolition Expert (20 points): Kill 50 players using Explosives only.
- Special Operations (50 points): Play all maps of every Adversarial game mode.
- Siege Specialist (15 points): Leading contributor of kills for the Defenders in a winning Attack & Defend ranked match.
- Survivor (15 points): Be the only remaining player in a ranked online match of Survival.
- Lone Wolf (15 points): Most kills in a ranked online Sharpshooter match.
- Team Survivalist (15 points): Most kills in a winning online ranked match of Team Survival.
- Team Champion (15 points): Most kills in a winning online ranked match of Team Sharpshooter.
- Hostage Rescue (15 points): Rescue all hostages in an Attack & Defend mission in under 5 minutes.
- Bomb Expert (15 points): Defuse the bomb within 2 minutes in Attack & Defend.
- Infiltration Specialist (15 points): Recover the Intel in Attack & Defend within 2 minutes.
- Hazmat Specialist (15 points): Deposit the canister and kill an enemy canister carrier in the same Retrieval match.
- Master of Ceremonies (15 points): Host a 16-player match.
- Best of the Best (40 points): Achieve the rank of Elite.
- Officer (20 points): Achieve the rank of Lieutenant 2nd Class.
- Basic Training (5 points): Achieve the rank of Private 1st Class.
- Tour of Duty (60 points): Cooperatively complete all Terrorist Hunt missions.
- Vegas Champion (50 points): Cooperatively complete the Story Mode.
- Coop Hunt Novice (10 points): Complete a Cooperative T-Hunt mission with at least one other player.
- Coop Story Novice (10 points): Complete a Cooperative Story mission with at least one other player.
- Tough Hombre (30 points): Completed Border Town in single player Story Mode.
- Dam Buster (30 points): Completed Nevada Dam in single player Story Mode.
- High Roller (30 points): Completed Calypso Casino in single player Story Mode.
- Street Cleaner (30 points): Completed Downtown Vegas in single player Story Mode.
- High Climber (30 points): Completed Vertigo Spire in single player Story Mode.
- Hell Hound (30 points): Completed Dante's Casino in single player Story Mode.
- Rainbow Six Legend (100 points): Complete the single player Story Mode at Realistic difficulty.
- Executioner (30 points): Kill 500 terrorists online or offline.
- Pistoleer (25 points): Kill 150 terrorists using only a Pistol.
- Equipment Specialist (20 points): Used all Gadgets at least once in single player Story.
- Veteran Hunter (50 points): Complete all maps of splitscreen Terrorist Hunt on Normal difficulty.
- Elite Hunter (75 points): Complete all maps in splitscreen T-Hunt at Realistic difficulty.
- True Identity (30 points): Used the Xbox Live Vision to create a character with your appearance.
Attain the indicated rank to unlock the corresponding items for multi-player mode.
- 1st Lieutenant (214,000 experience points): Headgears 4 (Half-Face Mask, Reinforced Helm, Tactical Goggles)
- 2nd Lieutenant (172,000 experience points): Camo 3 (Pink, Blue, Woodland, Wasp, Sand, Crimson)
- Captain (264,000 experience points): Merc Weapons (MG36, SPAS12, Deagle)
- Colonel (535,000 experience points): Headgears 5 (Ballistic Face Mask, Riot Helm, NVGs)
- Corporal (14,500 experience points): Camo 1 (Desert, Urban, Russian, Guerrilla, Fall, Desert 2)
- Elite (675,000 experience points): Camo 5 (Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3)
- First Sergeant (109,500 experience points): Headgears 3 (Bonnie Hat, Beret, Tinted Goggles)
- Lt. Colonel (425,000 experience points): Camo 4 (Yellow Urban, Red Urban, Tiger, Rust, Urban 2, Grey)
- Major (330,000 experience points): Military Armor (Vier Recon Armor, Diamondback Combat Armor, Anaconda Assault Armor)
- Master Sergeant (82,500 experience points): Freedom Fighter weapons (AK47, Raging Bull, SV98)
- Private 1st Class (3,000 experience points): Headgears 1 (Tactical Helm, Balaclava)
- Sergeant (23,500 experience points): Tactical Armor (Raven Recon Armor, Vulture Combat Armor, Falcon Assault Armor)
- Sergeant First Class (56,500 experience points): Camo 2 (Flecktarn, Orange, Swedish, War2k5, Alpen, White)
- Sergeant Major (139,000 experience points): Black Market Armor (Typhoon Recon Armor, Cyclone Combat Armor, Hurricane Assault Armor)
- Specialist (8,400 experience points): Rainbow Weapons (MP7A1, SIG552, USP40)
- Staff Sergeant (38,500 experience points): Headgears 2 (3 Hole Balaclava, Baseball Cap, Breathing Mask)
Play the Fremont Street level and look for a ledge
that has a bottle of Axe cologne. Shoot the bottle. The neon roof
of the Fremont Street Experience will change to an animation of
a girl in a bikini with some Axe items. This is followed by a
sequence with outtakes and early animations.
When Jung must hack the computer to open the door to
Irena, enemies rappel down from the windows. Before you tell him
to hack, send your team to the far side of the room over near
the fenced area. Then, run behind the computer and tell Jung to
hack it. A trigger will activate and the enemies will start pouring
into the room. Your team will take most of them out on the way
to the computer. If one of the team goes down Jung will stop moving
towards the computer and sit there (or Michael, depending on who
goes down). Once there is a pause in the onslaught, tell him to
heal your partner. You can then order them around as usual. During
this time Jung was supposed to be hacking the terminal but killing
all the enemies skips this part. Once done, tell Jung to hack
it again. He will open the door to Irena. Micheal gets left behind.
Watch yourself; there are enemies on the stairs above you and
will pick you off as you come up, especially on under the realistic
"Exclusive Gone Wrong": Easier entry
As soon as you start the mission, make your squad rappel
down the left part of the building. Then, order them to go down
until they are able to breach. After that, go to the middle of
the roof with the opening. Drop an C4, incendiary, smoke, or frag
and keep shooting through the glass. After a few seconds, order
your squad to breach into the building. Finally, rappel down into
Better vision through smoke
After you deploy a smoke, put on your thermal goggles.
PlayStation3 Xbox 360 Another player is required for this trick. Start a game with 20 rounds for 20:00 minutes with 15 between matches. Use a rubber band to position both Analog-sticks so that you walk in circles. You will get 800 points for a game. which will gradually decrease over time.
PlayStation3 To perform this trick, take cover on any wall. Make sure your weapon is on single shot, then fire one blind shot. Hold L2 + R2 then press and release Circle. A grenade should shoot about 20 to 30 feet around the corner. Note: This works with all grenades except for C4 and breaching charges.
Xbox 360 To perform this trick, take cover on any wall. Make
sure your weapon is on single shot, then fire one blind shot.
Hold LT + RT then press and release B. A
grenade should shoot about 20 to 30 feet around the corner. Note:
This works with all grenades except for C4 and breaching charges.
Co-op single player mode weapons
During the Co-op story in single player mode, many
of the guns unlocked in Career mode will not be not accessible
(for example, the Desert Eagle and SPAS 12). However, the terrorists
in Co-op story mode uses them. To unlock those weapons, play a
mission in multi-player Co-op mode. Pick up the terrorists' guns
that are left behind after they die. Finish the level with them
to unlock them at the equipment menu. You can unlock the SPAS
12, Desert Eagle, and MG36.
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory reference
In the "Dante's Casino" level near the
arcade, there is a machine labeled Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.
If you are having trouble capturing your face for your
custom character or you are getting a message saying picture is
invalid, try the following.
- The room may be too dark. Try to brighten it up. Sometimes the camera will not take a valid picture even if you have lights on, so you must take it during the day.
- The camera is not connected properly or has been connected after the console has been turned on. This can effect it also, as the game is very sensitive to creating your custom image.
- You must have an Xbox Live Account to use the camera feature. However if your Xbox Live connection is down this will also stop the camera feature from working.
"Veteran Hunter" and "Elite Hunter" achievements
The "Veteran Hunter" and "Elite Hunter"
achievements are glitched. The way to gain these achievements
is to play T-Hunt on single player mode and not split-screen.
Also, you can gain both achievements at once just by completing
all the maps on the Realistic difficulty first instead of both
Normal and Realistic.
Count Down: Easy completion
In Xbox Live multi-player co-op mode, on the Count
Down level walk towards the elevator door. Hold LT, release,
then press Left Analog-stick Forward. You will walk through
the elevator. Run upstairs (wearing no armor for more mobility
is recommended). Go towards the missile truck, and walk a little
behind it. Hold A to interact with it and hide. You will
win without the enemy respawning and gain 50 experience points.
Calypso Casino: Get on high roof and fenced off area
This trick requires you and a friend/squad member on
the multi-player map Calypso Casino. Make your way up the stairs
towards the helipad where you must bring the Intel to on an attack
and defend mission. Once you reach the top of the stairs there
should be two boxes overlooking the top floor where you can take
cover behind. Go to the very first box closest to the stairs.
Press Cover about two or three times at the right corner
of the box then hold Cover. You should now be floating
in the air. Do not move until your friend runs up behind you and
runs into your back. When your teammate is running into you, begin
pressing Forward and he will "push" you on top
of the box. Now that you are on top of the boxes, there should
be a railing next to you. Walk onto the railing then run towards
the stairs and the railing should lead you around a previously
fenced off area where you can drop down into and cover all three
entrances to the helipad if your team is defending the Intel on
the helipad. To continue, keep running on the railing past the
fenced off area. You should be running towards the roof that connects
with the elevator building. Run to the very end of the railing
then run onto the roof. You now have complete coverage of the
entire roof area of the map. It is recommended that you either
watch the repels or elevator door if you have an SMG/rifle, or
watch the far repel if you have a sniper rifle. If you have a
shotgun do not bother going up there.
Calypso Casino: Go on the fence
Load a game that takes place in the Calypso Casino
and make sure it is in multi-player mode. Walk up the stairs where
the helicopter is located. Go to the to boxes that are there.
Take cover at them while standing up and aim your gun to the right.
Then, release RT and the Left Analog-stick . You
should now be flying. Click the Left Analog-stick so you
are standing, then walk on the box.
Casino Vault: Head through the roof
Go into the room that separates the security offices
from Bravo spawn. This room is usually called the "broom
closet". There should be a bucket sitting in front of a cart
just before you get to the security offices. If you try to take
cover on the bucket, it should force you to take cover on the
cart. When this happens, look up and over the cart, then release
LT and walk forward. This should put you on top of the
cart. If you stand up, you will be able to see upstairs through
the ceiling. This is useful to watch for approaching enemies,
and you can throw grenades. You cannot shoot through it. If an
enemy sees you, crouch back down or he will shoot you in the head.
LVU Campus: Watch into other building
Go to the roof of the LYU Campus level. There should
be a ventilation unit to the far left when you come in from the
staircase doors. On the vent is a little fuse box. Take cover
directly on the fuse box and press Forward. If done correctly
you should now be on the vent. Have a friend stand between the
vent and the closest edge of the roof. Walk over him and onto
the edge of the roof. You can now watch over the outside of the
campus and into the other building.
LVU Campus: See through door
Walk to the left side of the building with the fast ropes from the roof. You will notice a large cork board. On this board you will see a poster advertising Assassins Creed. Note: This advertisement on this poster changes with Xbox Live updates. Take cover with your back to the poster three times during terrorist hunt. Have a friend crouch in front of the left door to the teachers office up the stairs behind you and open it. Even though the doors do not actually open, you can still see through it as if it was. This allows you to see if any terrorists are inside. This is very useful for breaching charges and C4, giving you very easy completion of this level. You can draw the terrorists to this door once you get down to eight remaining.
LVU Campus: Get on top of the roof
This glitch requires at least two people. Make a match
with two slots and a private slot. You can do this with any amount
of people. Invite a friend and send him a private chat invite.
Ask him to meet on the roof of the spawn where the fast roping
skylight is located. Have him stand in the middle between the
air conditioner vent and the ledge on the far left of the entrances
to the roof. Hold LT + Left Analog-stick Up in front
of the vent. Release LT and keep holding Left Analog-stick
Up. Release Left Analog-stick Up and you should be
on top of the vent. Walk over your friend's head. Note: Your friend
must be crouched. You should be on top of the ledge of the roof.
After you are on the roof, make a right and go forward. Then,
make another right until you reach the middle office room. Stop,
then align yourself with the left edge of the small building.
Jump off then walk in a straight line until you reach the end
of the path. Turn to your left and you should see the overhead
of the left catwalk/bridge. Align yourself with the edge of the
overhead then walk forward. You should be on top of the overhead.
Keep walking straight until you are at the edge of the overhead.
Align yourself with the low concrete wall, then jump off. Follow
the low wall until it ends by the stairs. Align yourself with
the low wall below the edge near the light post, then jump off.
Turn to your right where there are an abundant amount of plants
and trees. Walk towards them. Keep walking on the sides of them.
With the correct camouflage you can hide form the enemy and attack
when they are close.
Go to the roof with a partner. Get in cover on the box on the
right of the roof. Look up all the way with your weapon also pointing
up. You will then be on top of the box. Have your partner stand
to the left of the box, crouching in the middle. Walk over your
partner and you will be on top of the roof. You will now be free
to walk around out of the level's boundary.
LVU Campus: Take cover in mid-air
From Alpha spawn, stay on the bottom floor and walk
out to the double doors. As soon as you get out, look to the right
and there will be a fence. To get over it, follow the fence to
the palm tree at the end. Tell a friend to take cover on it. As
soon as he does, tell him to get off and walk to the left a short
distance. Here, you should be able to take cover in mid-air. Tell
him to look out to his left as far as he can. Then, have your
player go to the side of the palm tree facing the fence. Back
up slightly and you should be able to take cover in mid-air also.
As your friend looks to his left as far as he can, lean out to
your right, into your friend. Then release everything and walk
forward, over your friend's head and directly into the palm tree.
Walk into the fence, then walk along the top of the fence and
move back to the Alpha spawn double doors. When you get to that
wall, back up slightly, then tell your friend to crouch and take
cover on the wall and get as close to the fence as possible. Walk
onto his head then tell him to stand up. This should boost you
up and over the wall. If you do not get the palm tree glitch the
first time, keep trying as it sometimes requires a few attempts.
When firing around corners, take out your pistol and blind fire. Hold down the trigger and the gun should have the animation of firing, but no sound or damage will result.
Bypassing Irena in single player mode
If you have failed the mission trying to defeat Irena, you will have to reload the checkpoint. When you do so, it will spawn you in a hallway. There should be a door to your right and another a short distance down the hallway. Use the door that is on your right when you spawn. When you open that door, the computer that needs to be hack will be directly across the room from you. Kill all of the terrorists but do not assign a team member to hack the computer. Face the back of the computer, not the controls, and turn right. You will see a set of stairs. Walk up those stairs very slowly (try crouching) and you will be able to ease your way past Irena without her seeing you. When you pass all of the glass windows you will see a metal door. Make your way to that door easily and "Saving Game" will appear. Once that has happened, just run back past Irena and it will cause you to fail the mission. However, when you reload checkpoint the metal door will be open for you.
See through any door
Have a friend with you. Go to a door. Once at the door, have your friend get in front of the it. Once your friend is in position, turn on your thermal vision. Then, get behind your friend. Look through your friend's icon that is above his or her head. You can now see through the door. You will be able to see if there are any terrorists behind the door. Note: If playing any adversarialgames, your friend must be on your team.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs