Add to this page!
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "settings.txt" file in the "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\" directory. Look for the following line:
... and change it to:
Press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + ~ during game play to display the console window. Enter one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: Enable a code will flag your character as a cheater and will remove the shared inventory.
|Clear console window history||cls|
|Toggle player's pet||disablepet|
|List all belts||belt|
|List all boots||boots|
|List all chest armor||chest armor|
|List all fish||fish|
|List all gems||socketable|
|List all gloves||gloves|
|List all helmets||helmet|
|List all potions||potion|
|List all scrolls||scroll|
|List all shoulder armor||shoulder armor|
|List all spells||spell|
|List all trinkets||trinket|
|List all weapons||weapon|
|List all armor||armor|
|Display current difficulty||difficulty|
|Gain no more experience||noxp|
|Gain amount in all stats||allstats <number>|
|List all console commands||help|
|Gain money||money <number>|
|Gain skill amount||skill <skill name>/<number>|
|Gain statpoints||statpoints <number>|
|Spawn item in indicated index slot||item <index slot number>,<amount>|
|Go down a floor||ascend|
|Go up a floor||descend|
| Identify all items in the inventory,|
excluding pet's inventory
|Increase experience to next level||levelup|
|Kill all monsters||killall|
|List all quests||quests|
|Monsters ignore player||playernotarget|
|Player always gets critical hits||alwayscrit|
|Reset pet's level to 1||resetpetlevel|
|Reset player's skills||resetskills|
|Reset player's statpoints||resetstats|
|Resets player's level to 1||resetplayerlevel|
|Resets player's level, skills, and stats||resetplayer|
|Restart current level||restartlevel|
|Return to room player is currently in||room|
|Set quest as completed||questcomplete|
|Set quest to active||questactive|
|Set camera distance||cameradistance <multiplier number>|
|Set game difficulty||setdifficulty <number>|
|Set pet level||setpetlevel <number>|
|View frame rate||fps|
|Toggle additional speed for player||speed|
|Toggle God and Speed mode||godspeed|
|Toggle combat log||combatlog|
|Toggle monster AI||aifreeze|
|Toggle God mode||god|
|Set amount of Fame||fame <number>|
|Set amount of skill points||skill points <number>|
|Set amount of Strength||strength <number>|
|Set amount of Dexterity||dexterity <number>|
|Set amount of Magic||magic <number>|
|Set amount of defense||defence <number>|
|Spawn a stash nearby||stash|
|Spawn a shared stash at unknown location||shared stash|
Use one of the following entries with the item code to spawn the corresponding item.
| Infinite Pure Ember Shard|
+49 damage and +34 armor
| Sea King's Core Ember Shard|
+19 health per second and +12 strength
| Grand Depths Ember Shard|
-48 armor per hit and +12 dexterity
| Fire Queen Ember Shard|
+33 fire damage and +28 fire resistance
| Spire City Life Ember Shard|
+33 poison damage and +28 poison resistance
| Earthstar Cold Ember Shard|
+33 ice damage and +28 ice resistance
| Eternal Flow Ember Shard|
+33 electric damage and +28 electric resistance
| Pirate Skull|
48 health stolen per hit and +12 defense
| Elitch's Eye|
15 mana stolen per hit and +12 magic
| Epic Snakebite|
Unique sword, 502 DPS
| Epic Eleven Ton Hammer|
Complete the listed task to unlock the corresponding Steam achievement. To view for "Torchlight (PC)". Choose the "View Stats" option on the drop down list, then choose the option that will list the achievements for your username.
- A Lich to Scratch: Defeat the Overseer.
- Angler: Catch 50 fish.
- Beast of Burden: Fill your pet's inventory.
- Beast Slayer I: Defeat ordrak on easy or normal.
- Beast Slayer II: Defeat Ordrak on hard.
- Beast Slayer III: Defeat Ordrak on very hard.
- Big and Green and Dead all Over: Defeat Krag.
- Bum Luck: Have an item disenchanted on the first enchantment attempt.
- Cash for Trash: Sell 10,000 items to vendors.
- Deep Delver: Reach the 50th floor of a dungeon.
- Deep Pockets: Have 100,000 gold in your inventory.
- Down the Hatch: Complete 50 hatch quests.
- Enchanted: Successfully enchant one item 5 times.
- Enchantment Overload: Successfully enchant one item 10 times.
- Epic Strike: Do at least 10,000 damage to an enemy in a single strike.
- Fetch a Fair Price: Send your pet to town.
- Fisher King: Catch 1000 fish.
- Fisherman: Catch 100 fish.
- Gambling Addict: Gamble 50 times.
- Gambling Enthusiast: Gamble 20 times.
- Gambling Fiend: Gamble 100 times.
- Gibbed: Blow 25 enemies to pieces with critical strikes.
- Hardcore Champion: Defeat Ordrak on hard hardcore.
- Hardcore God: Defeat Ordrak on very hard hardcore.
- Hardcore Hero: Defeat Ordrak on normal hardcore.
- Hardcore Victor: Defeat Ordrak on easy hardcore.
- Hat Trick: Beat the game with all three classes.
- Ironman Victory: Defeat Ordrak without buying anything.
- Ka-Chunk!: Pull 100 levers.
- Line of Kings: Retire over 300 levels worth of characters.
- Lucky Gambler: Gamble a unique item.
- Master Smasher: Smash 1500 Breakables.
- Mod Maniac: 5 mods installed at the same time.
- Mod Squad: 1 game mod installed.
- Modpocalypse: 10 mods used at the same time.
- Noble Lineage: Retire two characters.
- Only a Master of Evil: Defeat Alric.
- Over the Brink: Defeat Brink.
- Passing the Torch: Retire a character.
- Pension Plan: Achieve player level 65.
- Perfect Victory: Defeat Ordrak with no deaths.
- Pet Trainer: Equip a spell on your pet.
- Potion Whiz: Drink 5,000 potions.
- Price of Loyalty: Use 50 potions on your pet.
- Purple People Defeater: Defeat Medea.
- Questor: Complete 200 Quests.
- Rich: Collect 250,000 gold.
- Shape-Shifter: Change your pet by feeding it fish.
- Sir Mixes-a-lot: Successfully create 25 items using the transmuter.
- Sorcelator's Servant: Transform your pet into a Mimic.
- Speed King: Defeat Ordrak in less than 5 hours.
- Superstar: Achieve maximum fame.
- Supreme Slayer: Kill 50,000 monsters.
- Swift Execution: Defeat Ordrak in 8 hours or less.
- The Adventure Begins: Find the entrance to the mine.
- The Horse Whisperer: Achieved enlightenment by speaking with the horse 100 times.
- The Long Haul: Achieve player level 100.
- The Need for Greed: Suffer 20 disenchants from the enchanter.
- Tormented: Die 500 times.
- Transmogrifier: Permanently transform your pet.
- Tree Hugger: Defeat the root golem.
- Trolling for Punishment: Kill 25 champion trolls.
- True Delver: Reach level 100.
- Universally Understood: Complete 25 Gar quests.
- Wabam!: Kill 5000 Monsters.
- Walkabout: Take 25,000 steps.
- When this Town's a Rockin': Defeat the Ember Colossus.
Successfully complete the game. The crypt in the Torchlight graveyard will now be open for all new characters. It features new quests.
Select the Very Hard difficulty setting and play the first level of the main dungeon. Rush all the way to Brink to find him fighting a Translucid beast. Kill the beast to unlock a Phase Portal that will transport you to a secret dungeon that contains very powerful enemies.
Attacking from other levels
When you stand under or above another platform where you can see a group of enemies and it is open for you to use a far range shot, press [Shift] + [Attack Move]. You will use your skill from the upper or lower platform, without actually encounter mobs. This can be done with most far range attacks, especially Alkemis' skill.
Click on any piece of goods or merchandise (cheapest one recommended). You will have selected that item to put in your inventory. Instead of putting it in a empty slot, place it on an existing item in your inventory (most expensive one recommended). You will have duplicated the item you clicked on. Note: This will not copy the enchantments, but will generate a randomly enchanted item).
Completing the prologue mission easily
Play one character through the story in Easy mode. Use the "Duplicate items" glitch and double up on the mission item. Put it in shared inventory. Create another character and take the mission item out. Give it to the mission giver. Note: Do not to pick up the real mission item with the second character or you will not be able to get rid of it.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs