Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "TurokInput.ini" file in the "\Touchstone\Turok\TurokGame\Config\" directory. Search for the "[Engine.Console]" heading and change the "ConsoleKey=None" line to "ConsoleKey=Tab". Press [Tab] during game play to display the console window, then type one of the following codes and press [Enter] to corresponding cheat function.
|Disable God mode||god 0|
|First person view||behindview 0|
|Third person view||behindview 1|
|Disable flight mode||etheral or walk|
|Ammo for all weapons||allammo|
|All weapons||allweapons or loaded|
|All weapons, ammo and 100 adrenaline||loaded|
|No clipping mode||ghost|
|One hit kills||oneshotkill|
|Teleport to crosshair||teleport|
|Cycle through debug camera views||turokdebugcam|
|First person view||camera firstperson|
|Third person view||camera thirdperson|
Successfully complete the game under the Normal or Hard difficulty setting.
altw eflil irphepbenrf mselufrpv
Defeating Mama Scarface
- An easy way to kill the giant Tyrannosaur is to quickly run to the giant tree in the middle of the nest site. Make sure you have a shotgun, explosive tip arrows, and grenades. Once in the tree, shoot a flare so that the dinosaur's head is in your line of fire. While she is looking at the flare, shoot every explosive tip arrow you can at or around the eye area. When she jams her head in the trunk to eat you, shoot her with the shotgun until she retreats. Once she frees her head, throw grenades. Repeat this until she falls. Then, quickly run over to her and finish her off with a knife through the eye. If done correctly, you should not have died.
- When facing Mama Scarface in the final battle, you should have the bow and perhaps another weapon. When the battle starts she will run towards you. In the direction you are facing are little lights in different areas of the battleground. To your far right (her left) is a light against a fence or wall that has the pulse rifle. This weapon is your goal. It is the strongest weapon you will receive in this battle. It is also far better than the rocket launcher. As the battle starts if you do not have it already, the shotgun is to your left near some boxes and a body. The flare helps and she will follow it, giving you some time to run from cover to cover. Travel the battlefield starting in the clockwise position, running from cover to cover using the flare as a distraction. When you finally reach about 4'oclock (the pulse rifle position), use it on her. Shoot for the head and make sure not to miss. Pay attention to your overheating. Make sure it does not happen. Circle the nearby box for cover and just unload the entire weapon. She should drop before it get empty. Run at her with your knife and press the action button sequence on her.
- To defeat the T-Rex after defeating Kane, notice the containers in the level. Run to the containers and around them you will find dead enemy bodies. Pick up their weapons and run around the containers shooting at the T-Rex. The ESUS Blackfly sticky bomb gun works very well. When the T-Rex falls, run over to its head with the knife to finish the beast off.
- At the start of the battle you should have 10 Tek arrows. Use them to shoot the T-Rex in the head while looking for the shotgun to your left. When you get the shotgun, circle around the box where the shotgun was found and keep shooting her in the head while shooting flares to keep her disoriented. When the T-Rex fallsm go to her head and knife her. If done correctly, you should not have died.
When fighting enemy soldiers with chainguns, do not attempt to knife them as they are immune and will always mow you down before you get close. Also do not use the bow with normal arrows. They have very little effect on the chaingunners. However, Tek arrows will hurt them a lot. When using a sniper rifle against them, it is very difficult to get headshot on them. Body shots tend to take more than two hits on the chaingunners.
When fighting most dinosaurs, use the knife instead of guns. The knife is an instant kill and you will save precious ammunition in the long run. The only exceptions for this are the Dilophosaurs and giant insects. For those, use some type of explosive or specific weapon to stun them or knock them off their feet for a moment before you knife them. Even under the Hard and Inhuman difficulty you should still use the knife on the dinosaurs. You will die frequently unless you can get the timing done precisely. Because the game checkpoints before most fights it should not matter.
- Sometimes when you shoot a scorpion with a shotgun or when an explosion is next to it, the scorpion will flip over. You can run up to it and do a special knife kill. Sometimes when the scorpion jumps on you and you have to press a series of buttons to get it off, you will stab it in the head.
- At the beginning of the level where you first see scorpions, you should have a shotgun and chaingun to go with the knife and bow. Unlike dinosaurs, scorpions are afraid of flares from the shotgun instead of being attracted to them. When you are trying to get to the chopper across from the lab, start by getting to the ground and setting up the auto-turret feature on the chaingun to cover you while you get to the ladder on the building on the other side of the open space. After you get on top of the building, you can see the short remaining path to the helicopter. Shoot a flare down to the ground and the scorpions should back away from it. If you stand next to the flare the scorpions will not attack you. Only the ones that appear from underground or behind you will not see the flare. Create a path with the flares and slowly make your way the chopper to end the level.
When fighting against the enemy soldiers its best to use stealth whenever possible. They tend to bring in reinforcements and flank your position when they are aware that you are near. Also, most of the time the fighting will draw the attention of dinoaurs and insects, causing them to suddenly join the battle. When stealth is not possible, it is best to try to lure creatures into fighting enemy soldiers by using flares or by shooting dinosaur eggs from a hidden location.
Defending against a maul
Whenever you gets mauled by a dinosaur or insect, you can usually defend against it by beating the creature off Turok. However if you manage to press the correct buttons quickly and hit only a few or no wrong buttons there is a chance that instead of simply pushing the creature away, Turok with stab the creature to death. This can also happen if the creature mauling Turok has already taken a little bit of damage beforehand.
Turok can run faster when holding the knife in place of other weapons.
The knife and bow will kill most enemies quickly and quietly. It is best to use them when doing stealth kills. The exception of course is that you must use normal arrows with the bow for it to be a silent kill. Tek arrow explosions will only draw attention unless you can kill all nearby enemies with just one shot. When stealth killing enemy soldiers, try to kill them in a place that will hide the body after that person dies otherwise another soldier may see the body and alert his comrades.
Hiding from enemies
In Story mode, crouch in tall grass. The enemies cannot see you unless you fire or they look directly at you for a few seconds. They will know where your teammates are.
Easy "5, 4, 3, 2, 1... BOOM!" achievement or trophy
Created by AchievementGuides360.
Easy "It's A Trap" achievement or trophy
Created by AchievementGuides360.
Easy "Man Or animal" achievement or trophy
Created by AchievementGuides360.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs