Add to this page!
Follow the indicated steps to earn the corresponding Steam achievement. To view your achievement progress and stats, open the Steam client, select "Community", then search for the game hub for "Universe Sandbox". Click the "View Stats" option in the drop down list, then select the option that displays the achievements for your account.
- Heat Wave : Crash the Earth into the Sun.
- Learner : Finish five tutorials.
- One Day : Rule over your universe for 24 hours.
- One Hour : Rule over your universe for 60 minutes.
- One Minute : Rule over your universe for 60 seconds.
- One Month : Rule over your universe for 30.4 days.
- One Year : Rule over your universe for 12 months.
- Photographer : Capture 100 screenshots.
- Snowball Earth : Freeze the Earth by moving it farther from the Sun.
- Startup Deka : Start Universe Sandbox 10^1 = 10 times.
- Startup Hecto : Start Universe Sandbox 10^2 = 100 times.
- Startup Kilo : Start Universe Sandbox 10^3 = 1000 times.
- Startup the Universe : Start Universe Sandbox at least once.
- Startup Too Many : Start Universe Sandbox 10^4 = 10000 times.
- The Answer : Result of millions of years of computation.
- The Code : Some will know from their childhood; some were not born yet.
Easy "Heat Wave" achievement
Select the "Our Solar System" scenario at the main menu. Select the sun. A menu with a large number of variables will appear. Drag the "Diameter" variable increase the sun's size until the entire solar system is engulfed.
Easy "Photographer" achievement
Start the solar system simulation or any other running simulation from the main menu. At the lower left corner are five small icons. Select the advanced screenshot options (double arrowhead) found next to the camera icon. Under the checkbox labeled "Capture shot every" is an input for a number for "frames" Set it to "1" and enable the checkbox. The game will take a screen of every frame, which will earn "Photographer" very soon.
Easy "Snowball Earth" achievement
Select the "Our Solar System" scenario at the main menu. Select the Earth in its orbit around the sun. A menu with a large number of variables will appear. Select "Total Velocity" and drag it upwards to shoot the Earth out of its orbit around the sun.