Valkyria Chronicles (PlayStation3)
Add to this page!
This game is titled Valkyria Chronicles in North America, Europe, and Japan, and Senjou no Valkyria in Japan.
Successfully complete the game. Load your cleared saved game file to resume the game with the following bonuses.
- Have the experience, money, weapons, levels, upgrades, and orders earned on your previous session.
- Hard difficulty for skirmishes.
- Select any storyline mission to replay.
- Music option to hear music from the game.
- Statistics option to view the rank earned for a particular mission and the number of turns it was completed.
- Skip intermission sequences.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding character.
- Audrey (Lancer): Earn ten medals.
- Emile (Sniper): Unlock Oscar's hidden potential, then allow him to fall in combat.
- Knute (Engineer): Enter the Command Room with 1,000,000 DCT.
- Lynn: Have Karl (engineer) in your party and have him unlock his potential during a battle.
- Musaad (Scout): Complete the game.
Complete the indicated task to earn the corresponding medal.
- Excellence In Armament: Commission all weapon upgrades and collect all enemy Ace and Royal weapons.
- Excellence In Leadership: Learn every order.
- Excellence In Technology: Commission all tank upgrades (including all three level 3 Edelweiss upgrades) and collect all enemy Ace tank parts.
- Fouzen Service Medal: Win the Chapter 10 battle.
- Gallian Front Commemorative: Complete all chapters and reports.
- Gallian Medal Of Honor: Win the Chapter 9 battle.
- Ghirlandaio Service Medal: Win the second Chapter 15 battle.
- Naggiar Service Medal: Win the Chapter 14 battle.
- Order Of The Golden Wings: Train all character classes to level 20.
- Order Of The Holy Lance: Earn an "A" rank on any chapter battle after Chapter 10.
- Order Of The Holy Shield: Complete any chapter battle after Chapter 10 without any of your units being reduced to 0 HP.
- Randgriz Crest Of Honor: Earn an "A" rank on all battles, including all reports and all ranks of all Skirmish battles.
- Savior Of Gallia: Complete the game and start a new session with a cleared saved game file.
- The Bronze Arms Of Gallia: Kill 250 enemy units.
- The Crimson Heart: Have a soldier who has fallen in combat survive by calling a medic or clearing the battle before they die.
- The Golden Arms Of Gallia: Kill 1,000 enemy units.
- The Lance of Gallia: Kill an enemy Ace.
- The Silver Arms Of Gallia: Kill 500 enemy units.
- The Splintered Horn: Let a character who has unlocked his or her hidden potential die in combat.
- The Wings of Solidarity: Unlock the full personnel profiles for all recruits.
Reach "Elite" status with the indicated class to unlock the corresponding weapon attachment for them.
- Flamethrowers: Level 11 Shocktroopers (Trooper Elite promotion).
- Grenade Launchers: Level 11 Scouts (Scout Elite promotion).
- Mortar Lance (Lancaar-SH): Level 11 Lancers.
Defeat the indicated enemy ace to Sunlock the corresponding enemy weapon for your own use. To find an ace easily, use the "Recon Request" order.
Japan In order to unlock the weapon you must recover the enemy body.
- Enhanced Block Pin: In Chapter 12, defeat Yosnoa the Hound.
- Firing Calculator: In Report: In Flower of the Battlefield, defeat Toiold the Bull.
- Firing Calculator (for Edelweiss): In Chapter 15a, defeat Matz the Cleaner.
- VB FW 1(g): In Chapter 11, defeat Cpt. Nonnenkof.
- VB FW 2(g): In Report: In War Without Weapons, defeat Fujmolt the Edge.
- ZM Kar 1(g): In Chapter 2, defeat Segular the Wall.
- ZM Kar 2(g): In Chapter 7, defeat Kanazar the Lion.
- ZM Kar 3(g): In Chapter 10a, defeat Oswald the Iron.
- ZM Kar 4(g): In Chapter 13, defeat Sima the Younger.
- ZM Kar 5(g): In Chapter 15a, defeat Ozwald the Steel.
- ZM MP 1(g): In Chapter 3, defeat Ty the Immortal.
- ZM MP 2(g): In Chapter 5, defeat Lt Nonnenkof.
- ZM MP 3(g): In Chapter 8a, defeat Ty the Immortal.
- ZM MP 4(g): In Chapter 14, defeat Sima the Elder.
- ZM MP 5(g): In Chapter 17, defeat Ty the Immortal.
- ZM SG 1(g): In Chapter 6, defeat Malya the Dust.
- ZM SG 2(g): In Chapter 8b, defeat Zytreet the Lynx.
- ZM SG 3(g): In Chapter 10b, defeat Tavyse the Beast.
- ZM SG 4(g): In Chapter 12, defeat Mash the Hunter.
- ZM SG 5(g): In Chapter 16, defeat Shuntr the Mount.
Some units at level 20 may have still an empty slot for a potential. You can unlock that hidden potential by getting 5 points by completing the following tasks. Then, go to Castlefront Street and talk to Ellet. She will say that she interviewed a rising star from your squad and unlock the hidden potential.
- Participate in a battle (1 point)
- Kill an enemy unit, heal an ally, repair cover (for example, a sandbag) or tank (2 points)
- Capture a base (3 points)
- Save a fallen comrade (4 points)
Note: To get five points easily, enter Skirmish 1. Have a unit kill another allied unit. Collect their body to get 4 points for saving them. Select another unit and kill the unit that was killed previously and repeat.
Easy experience points
Enter a skirmish. Use "Caution", "Evasion Boost", and "Defense Boost" on Alicia. You will lose health very slowly when taking fire. It will take two turns to reach the end. End your turn while Alicia is safe somewhere along the way to reset her AP. Note: If you have Largo and Rosie in your squad you will get a free CP.
Easy "Excellence in Armament" achievement or trophy
Upgrades are straight forward, and can be easily obtained in New Game Plus mode. You will be able to replay missions as many times as desired. Royal weapons are random drops after completing missions. There are five of each type (rifle, machine guns, lances and sniper rifles). The last mission "Final Showdown" can be completed in one turn with Vyse and some orders. Complete the mission then save the game before going to the audience hall. Reload the saved game file until you get a missing weapon. Ace weapons can be found at the following locations.
- Chapter 2: Segular the Wall (ZM Kar 1), northeast of your tank in turn 3.
- Chapter 3: Ty the Immortal (ZM MP 1), second grass field north of your tank.
- Chapter 5: Lt. Nonnenkof (ZM MP 2), southwest corner of the enemy base.
- Chapter 6: Malya the Dust (ZM SG 1), northeast of the map behind an "L" wall.
- Chapter 7: Kanazar the Lion (ZM Kar 2), coming with Selvaria.
- Chapter 8a: Ty the Immortal (ZM MP 3), northwest of the map.
- Chapter 8b: Zytreet the Lynx ((ZM SG 2), center of the map; you should see him at the beginning.
- Chapter 10a: Oswald the Iron (ZM Kar 3), northwest of the map. Take the second train to go up there or shoot him from the bridge with a sniper or tank.
- Chapter 10b: Tavyse the Beast (ZM SG 3), southeast of the map. Take the train to reach him.
- Chapter 11: Cpt. Nonnenkof (VB FW 1), just northwest of the enemy main camp.
- Chapter 12: Mash the Hunter (ZM SG 4) and Yosnoa the Hound (Enhanced Block Pin for Edelweiss). You can see them at the beginning. Mash is the tank and Yosnoa is in their main camp.
- Chapter 13: Sima the Younger (ZM Kar 4), west of the map behind the bunker.
- Chapter 14: Sima the Elder (ZM MP 4), at the beginning shooting at someone.
- Chapter 15a: Ozwald the Steel (ZM Kar 5) and Matz the Cleaner (Firing Calculator for Edelweiss). Ozwald is hiding in grass northeast of the map. Matz is a large tank just southwest of Ozwald.
- Chapter 16: Shuntr the Mount (ZM SG 5), a sniper at the end of the map.
- Chapter 17: Ty the Immortal (ZM MP 5), in the southwestern enemy base. He will run to the south in a small alley with sandbags, where you can suprise him.
- War Without Weapons: Fujmolt the Edge (VB FW 2), in the second grass north of the tree. You must kill him to win the mission.
- Flower of the Battle Field: Toiold the Bull (Firing Calculator for Shamrock), a large tank you will have to destroy to win the battle.
Royal weapons are designated as follows.
- Rifles: Change models and thus follow Gallian 1R and 3R, then GallianS 01R and 10R and 20R
- Machineguns: Remain the same and follow Mags 1R and 3R, then 10R and 20R and 30R
- Lances: Change models and follow Lancaar 1R and 3R, then Theimer 01R and 10R and 20R
- Sniper rifles: Remain the same and follow GSR 1R and 3R, then 10R and 20R and 30R
Easy "The Golden Arms of Gallia" achievement or trophy
Try to complete all maps with an "A" rank, and you should not required any extra kills. Complete New Game Plus mode and all skirmish maps under the easy, normal and hard difficulty settings to reach almost one thousand kills. In New Game Plus mode you can see check how many kills you have at the "Statistics" tab.
Easy "Randgriz Crest of Honor" achievement or trophy
- You do not need to earn an "A" rank on every battle. You just need to get an "A" rank on battles which are in the main game, and not those from DLC.
- Almost all maps can be completed in one turn with Alicia and orders (even Skirmish under the hard difficulty). Consider using combinations of Awaken Potential, Caution, Defense Boost and Demolition Boost for most maps. With the first three, Alicia can run over most maps in one turn without dying. With demolition Boost she can take out a tank in one CP.
Easy "The Wings of Solidarity" achievement or trophy
5 points are required to unlock the hidden potential of a unit. They are earned through the following tasks.
- Participating in Battle (1 point)
- Killing an enemy unit, healing an ally, repairing cover (for example, a sandbag) or tank (2 points)
- Capturing a base (3 points)
- Saving a fallen comrade (4 points)
Include every unit in at least five battles to get the points easily. If you are trying for an "A" rank on all maps this should be easy. When your unit has 5 points, go to Castlefront St. When Ms. Ellet mentions that you have a rising star in your squad, the hidden potential will be unlocked. After completing the game, their full profiles will be unlocked. The profile under the "Personnel" tab has three parts. The second part unlocks after 5 points are earned and the third part is visible after completing the game with the potential unlocked. "The Wings of Solidarity" will be earned when you start a new game from your saved game file. Five hidden recruits are required and can be unlocked as follows:
- Audrey, Lancer: Earn ten or more medals.
- Emile, Sniper: Unlock Oscar's hidden potential, then let him die.
- Knute, Engineer: Enter the Command Room with 1,000,000 DCT.
- Lynn, Shocktrooper: Unlock Karl's hidden potential, then let him die.
- Musaad, Scout: Complete Story mode.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs