Virtual Villagers 3: The Secret City (iPod/iPhone)
If one of your villagers likes to run, have that villager smoke the hive. By doing this, the bees will stay and you will have never-ending honey.
Start with lots of food
Before starting the game, set your system date ahead by one day. Start the game. After smoking the bees and planting your first seed , allow the game to run and set your clock to the correct date. You should now have 3,000 honey and 1,000 fruit.
The honey is your first source. Make sure your firewood and dry grass is gathered and started before attempting this. The next step to get food is to repair the lift located next to the fruit tree by the water. You must advance your Restoration one level in the Tech department. Make sure to have at least one or two villagers in Researching to earn those Tech points. After advancing one Restoration level you need three builders at once to fix the lift. After it is fixed, while it rains quickly drag a villager onto the flat end of the lift to stand on it. It will lift them up and they will knock down a fruit seed. You can use it to plant another fruit tree. You can have a total of three fruit trees.
Plant your first seed immediately. Do this by dropping an adult villager (but not a nursing mom) on the seed near the lift. That seed may be a mango, papaya, or banana.
stah rhfvp, rrset
Have two Master Builders and one Adept Builder. Note: You cannot have a Trainee Builder.
The lift is useful for placing an adult and allowing you to find them in the same place a few seconds later. You can use this to get the couples you want to have babies. Other places where villagers linger are the waterfalls and bath (when completed).
Finding respawned objects
When your adults are collecting objects (keys, firewood, etc.), they may drop them if interrupted by a celebration or if you click on them. The item will then respawn to where it was originally found.
- Turtle shells are only found around the waterfall and mating build.
- Ocean items are found only on the beach and reef.
- Feathers and mushrooms are found anywhere including the reef and path up to the key door. However the rare feathers are usually found in the clearing that has the roster of the dead down by the bath
- Tablet pieces are found as you uncover the rubble near the bath.
Building the big green blue statue
To build the big green blue statue, must purchase Leadership and Restoration.
- Square gem: Use the potion on a villager that makes you feel "light and springy". Place the villager under the cliff with the gem. The villager will spring up, snatch the gem, and bring it to the door.
- Ash gem: After your fire has been burning for more than ten hours, you will see something sparkling in it. Allow the fire to burn out to find a gem in the ashy remains. It will be too hot to touch at first. Bring a villager to the waterfall. You should have an action with something to do with putting water on it. Repeat this until the villager does not put any more water on it. Drag a villager to the gem and they will put it in the door.
- Clam gem: Rebuild the statue and there will be a gem. Give it to a Master Builder to "finish" it. Give the finished gem to the chief. The chief will bring it to the clam, then get the gem inside the clam. They will bring that to the door.
The collectible tablet pieces will begin to appear near the rubble when the rubble clearing project has gotten started with at least 2%.
Keep lighting the fire. You will notice sparkles around the fire. Let it burn out and the key should appear. However, it is too hot to pick up. Go to the waterfalls where the villagers get a drink and drop them there. The key must be there in order to do this. The villagers action will be "Putting water on the firepit". Keep doing until it has cooled.
Pink diamond key
You will need to have solved Puzzle 3. Collect the following herbs for a potion: Cactus, Rose, Lotus. Make the potion and have a villager other than a nursing mother drink it. That villager should feel "light and springy". Drop them near the pink diamond (the hanging object) just above the rose plant. Their action should read "Trying to reach the key". They will jump up and collect the key.
You will need to have solved Puzzle 9 (the big statue). Once the statue is completed, a pearl will appear (not the key). Have a Master Builder pick up the pearl. He or she will take it to the waterfall to be "finished". Then, have the tribal chief pick up the finished blue pearl. The chief will use the pearl to get the key from the giant clam.
Double tech points and food
When collecting items (turtle shells, corals, tablets, and feathers), if you already have collected that item you will earn tech points. Mushrooms are food (red is more food than brown). You can double your profits by placing two children on the same item. If done fast enough you will end up with two of the same item. This is useful when you are running low on food.
Your villagers will "see" the following herbs when you fly them over.
- The Cactus is located just above the Science area.
- The Black Orchid is on the edge of the grassy area below the orchard.
- The Rose is located on the right edge of the orchard, below the hanging object.
- The Lotus is to the left of the stairs near the bath.
- The Tiger Lily is partway up the path to the door (orange flower on right).
- The Berry (Magic) or Pitcher Plant (Nature) is located to the left of the alchemy lab, where the kids go when nature calls. These plants only appear when you have purchased level 2 in your faction.
While gathering herbs for alchemy, children of almost any age can gather herbs for the potions. However, they cannot make the potions.
|Rose + Rose + Rose||Romantic/Embrace|
|Rose + Rose + Black Orchid||Feels lonely|
|Rose + Rose + Cactus||Fertile|
|Rose + Rose + Lotus||Happy feet; dances|
|Rose + Rose + Tiger Lily||Stinky Breath; burps green cloud|
|Rose + Black Orchid + Black Orchid||Stomachache; minor health gone|
|Rose + Black Orchid + Cactus||Burns; minor health gone|
|Rose + Black Orchid + Lotus||Awful; makes villager sick|
|Rose + Black Orchid + Tiger Lily||Burns; minor health gone|
|Rose + Cactus + Cactus||Yummy; kids drink|
|Rose + Cactus + Lotus||Light and springy; villager able to get pink diamond|
|Rose + Cactus + Tiger Lily||Crazy|
|Rose + Lotus + Lotus||Fertile|
|Rose + Lotus + Tiger Lily||Woozy; villager spins and sits|
|Rose + Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily||Fun; acts like child|
|Black Orchid + Black Orchid + Black Orchid||Half health gone|
|Black Orchid + Black Orchid + Cactus||Stomachache; minor health gone|
|Black Orchid + Black Orchid + Lotus||Stomachache; minor health gone|
|Black Orchid + Black Orchid + Tiger Lily||Woozy; villager spins and sits|
|Black Orchid + Cactus + Cactus||Awful; makes Villager sick|
|Black Orchid + Cactus + Lotus||Energy; runs a short while|
|Black Orchid + Cactus + Tiger Lily||Must exercise|
|Black Orchid + Lotus + Lotus||Nasty, bitter|
|Black Orchid + Lotus + Tiger Lily||Has to go; nature calls|
|Black Orchid + Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily||Sleepy; sits/lies down|
|Cactus + Cactus + Cactus||Minor health gained|
|Cactus + Cactus + Lotus||Medium health gained|
|Cactus + Cactus + Tiger Lily||Nasty, bitter|
|Cactus + Lotus + Lotus||Medium health gained|
|Cactus + Lotus + Tiger Lily||Feels hungry; eats a lot|
|Cactus + Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily||Nasty, bitter|
|Lotus + Lotus + Lotus||In a trance|
|Lotus + Lotus + Tiger Lily||Villager hiccups and jumps|
|Lotus + Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily||Nasty, bitter|
|Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily||Fun; acts like child|
|Pitcher Plant + Pitcher Plant + Pitcher Plant||Itchy|
|Pitcher Plant + Pitcher Plant + Rose||feel better|
|Pitcher Plant + Pitcher Plant + Black Orchid||Sleepy; sits/lays down|
|Pitcher Plant + Pitcher Plant + Cactus||Feel better|
|Pitcher Plant + Pitcher Plant + Lotus||Feel better|
|Pitcher Plant + Pitcher Plant + Tiger Lily||Awful; makes villager sick|
|Pitcher Plant + Rose + Rose||Soapy; hiccups floating bubbles|
|Pitcher Plant + Rose + Black Orchid||Burns; minor health gone|
|Pitcher Plant + Rose + Cactus||Feel better|
|Pitcher Plant + Rose + Lotus||Fertile|
|Pitcher Plant + Rose + Tiger Lily||Hiccups; villager hiccups and jumps|
|Pitcher Plant + Black Orchid + Black Orchid||Gets rid of sharks; several villagers take to ocean|
|Pitcher Plant + Black Orchid + Cactus||Nasty, bitter|
|Pitcher Plant + Black Orchid + Lotus||Burns; minor health gone|
|Pitcher Plant + Black Orchid + Tiger Lily||Has to go; nature calls|
|Pitcher Plant + Cactus + Cactus||Too hot; tries to cool off|
|Pitcher Plant + Cactus + Lotus||Feel better|
|Pitcher Plant + Cactus + Tiger Lily||Nasty, bitter|
|Pitcher Plant + Lotus + Lotus||Has an epiphany in a trance|
|Pitcher Plant + Lotus + Tiger Lily||Stomachache; minor health gone|
|Pitcher Plant + Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily||Nasty, bitter|
|Berry + Berry + Berry||Paralyzed|
|Berry + Berry + Rose||Burns; minor health gone|
|Berry + Berry + Black Orchid||Sleepy; sits/lies down|
|Berry + Berry + Cactus||Nasty, bitter|
|Berry + Berry + Lotus||Burns; minor health gone|
|Berry + Berry + Tiger Lily||Awful; makes villager sick|
|Berry + Rose + Rose||Gets rid of sharks; several villagers take to ocean|
|Berry + Rose + Black Orchid||Burns; minor health gone|
|Berry + Rose + Cactus||Scientific clarity|
|Berry + Rose + Lotus||Yummy|
|Berry + Rose + Tiger Lily||Yummy|
|Berry + Black Orchid + Black Orchid||Nasty, bitter|
|Berry + Black Orchid + Cactus||Blind|
|Berry + Black Orchid + Lotus||Feels smarter|
|Berry + Black Orchid + Tiger Lily||Has to go; nature calls|
|Berry + Cactus + Cactus||Freezing; tries to get warm|
|Berry + Cactus + Lotus||Feel better|
|Berry + Cactus + Tiger Lily||Nasty, bitter|
|Berry + Lotus + Lotus||Epiphany/trance|
|Berry + Lotus + Tiger Lily||Stomachache; minor health gone|
|Berry + Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily||Teleport to random location on island|
Easy parenting skill
This trick requires an elderly female. Instead of actually having to make the babies and wait out their growth, just have your person be with an older woman. Use a male on the elderly female as if you wanted them to have children. Continually do this. Only use the male on the female, because if you use the female on the male the female will get the points.
- Place a male on a female or vice versa. The message "Going indoors for some privacy" will appear. Move the male villager from his place. You will see a baby in the hand of the female villager.
- You can tell if the couple who are going indoors will make a baby or not. The population will change as soon as they say "Going indoors". If they are not going to make a baby, pick them up and try again instead of waiting for them walk over to the house. You also do not have to wait if they are going to have a baby. As soon as you see the population change, pick up the female and the baby will appear in her arms when you put her down.
Avoiding useless Chiefs
If your first chief has just died and you have finished the alchemy lab, use the following trick to avoid another useless chief. Have a child (preferably a young female) drink the potion Tiger Lily + Tiger Lily + Lotus. Drop her on the unclaimed robe. Note: You must complete puzzle three. Because a young female was used, she can still collect items when she is a kid and can have babies when she is an adult.
To solve all the puzzles, use the following steps.
Before starting with the puzzles do following things:
- Plant the seed that you find near the broken lift (see-saw like object). Just take a villager and drop it on the seed to plant it.
- Light the fire at the fireplace in the village center. You can find wood near the left shore of the ocean and dry grass near the waterfalls (left of the amphitheatre).
- Know the herbs. They are six of them. Five are present since the start of game and the sixth (the magic herb) appears once you reach the level 2 of Naturalist/Magician (noted in the tech). The herbs are as follows.
- Lotus: Located near the Ancient Bath.
- Black Orchid: Located next to the Roster Of The Dead.
- Rose Plant: Located by the high fruit tree and the lift in the Orchard.
- Tiger Lily: Located on the path to the door.
- Cactus: Located to the right of the Research Lab.
- Magic Herb: Either the Pitcher or the Berry Plant; located to the left of the Alchemy Lab.
The puzzles are in the following order:
Puzzle 1 Puzzle 2 Puzzle 3 Puzzle 4 Puzzle 5 Puzzle 6 Puzzle 7 Puzzle 8 Puzzle 9 Puzzle 10 Puzzle 11 Puzzle 12 Puzzle 13 Puzzle 14 Puzzle 15 Puzzle 16
- Puzzle 1 - The First Tribal Chief: Let all your villagers one by one try on the golden cloth at the amphitheatre near the fallen statue. The robe will fit on the one that will be the first tribal chief.
- Puzzle 2 - The Bee Hive
- Created by sthaqu.
- Before this puzzle, a fire should be lit in the village centre. Put one of your villagers at the burnt torches below the hive. It will pick up the torch and light it from the fireplace then take it to the hive to remove the bees. You can enjoy honey after this happens. However, honey is limited.
- Puzzle 3 - The Alchemy Lab: This requires an Adept Scientist. This is the place just left of the research place. You will see round broken table here. To restore it you must take five objects back to this place. The objects are scattered in the village. They can be hidden anywhere but are very distinct. The objects are a mud pot, a blue bowl with spoons kept in it, a small striped Pink Pot, a large striped blue pot, and a knife. Once all objects are placed back you can prepare different recipes. Note: Only an adept scientist can collect these objects and automatically place it at the alchemy lab.
- Puzzle 4 - The Roster Of Dead: Fly a villager to the right-most end of the empty ground just below the mud place (orchard). You will find something covered with leaves. Allow your villager to remove the leaves. You can now bury the dead here.
- Puzzle 5 - Weather Dancing: You will need level 2 Leadership, a Tribal Chief, and three Adept Farmers. First, drop the chief on your lit fire. He or she will begin weather dancing. Then, drop the farmers on the fire and they will join in. You will know they are successful when sparkles appear over their heads and under their feet.
- Puzzle 6 - The Lift: This requires level 1 Restoration. In the mud place you will see a broken see-saw type of object. Let three of your builders work simultaneously on the broken object. They will fix it.
- Puzzle 7 - The Ruins: This requires level 2 Restoration. Scroll down the village until you see a broken bath tub. In that area you will find a pile of stones. Place a villager on it will and they will start removing the stones. Once removed you will find the hidden cave.
- Puzzle 8 - The Ancient Bath: This requires level 2 Restoration and Master Builders. Put the Master Builders in the Alchemy Lab near the chalkboard. It will draw something on it. After that, put the builders on the broken bathtub. They will start repairing it.
- Puzzle 9 - The Statue: This requires level 3 Restoration, Tribal Chief, and Master Builder. Put the Master Builder near the standing half of the statue on the route to the locked door. Just fly it over that area where it says that it is a nice place to anchor the statue. Put the villagers at that location. It will prepare to anchor the broken statue. Immediately also put the Tribal Chief at that location. Then, put as many builders possible near the fallen statue. The more builders, the sooner they will anchor the fallen piece. During this time do not disturb the Tribal Chief or the builders will become distracted.
- Puzzle 10 - The Orchard: This requires Puzzle 3 to be solved. To complete this puzzle you must plant three seeds at the orchard (the mud place). One seed is present at the start of the game. For the others you must wait for the rain. When it rains, put a villager on the flat end of the lift. As the water fills the other end the flat end will rise. As it rises fully a seed will fall. Put the villager over the seed. It will plant it same way as the first one. Do the same thing for the third seed. After a tree grows from the all three seeds the puzzle will be solved.
- Puzzle 11 - The Sharks: Requires Level 2 Alchemy and Level 2 Natural/Magic Faction. Create a potion using one Pitcher/Berry Plant, two Rose Plant. You can tell a potion is correct when there is a sparkle emerging in the steam from the cauldron. Place a Villager on the alchemy pot and they will take a vile of the potion to the sea. The potion tames the sharks and allows you to fish in the ocean without danger. Fishing is an unlimited food source.
- Puzzle 12 - Aromatherapy: You will need to have completed Puzzle 8, have level 3 Medicine, and a Master Doctor. Drop your Master Doctor in the completed bath. He or she will fill the bowls around the bath with Lotus plants (doing aromatherapy). Then, drop a Master Doctor on the fire to light the burners and finish the puzzle.
- Puzzle 13 - The Ash Key: Keep burning the fire at the village center. After one or two re-firings, a sparkle thing will appear on the burning fire. Wait for fire to get over. Once it gets over you will see the diamond. It is hot. To cool it, put a villager near the waterfall. They will bring water and pour it on the diamond. Repeat this five or six times. Once it has cooled, put the Tribal Chief on the diamond. It will carry it to the locked door.
- Puzzle 14 - The Cliff Key (the diamond key): Prepare a potion with Cactus, Rose Plant and Lotus. Let a villager drink it. They will feel light and springy. Place it near the rose plant, to the left of it. It will retrieve the key.
- Puzzle 15 - The Clam Key: This requires Puzzle 9 to have been completed, a Master Builder, and Tribal Chief. Once the stature is restored, a blue stone appears at the base. Have one of your Master Builders pick it up. He will then bring it to the waterfall. After the Master Builder drops it, have a master scientist pick it up to polish it in the lab. Once that is done, the tribal chief can take it from the lab and bring it to the ocean to be swapped for the clam key, then mount it on the lockedc door.
- Puzzle 16 - The Chief And The Princess: Once the locked door is opened you will see a flat blue plate inside the room. Put your Tribal Chief on that plate. The souls will appear. Putting the chief on the souls will retrieve the story of this ruined ISOLA.
The time in the game runs is based on your computer's clock. It is possible to shorten things by setting the clock ahead and then going back. Be careful though, sometimes people will die over this time. Note: Try doing this by a hour at a time at first to avoid death from disease or starvation. Also, when clearing the rubble by the bath do not set the time ahead. The tablet pieces that you should get from clearing the rubble will disappear and there will be no other way to get them.
Easy magic food
Note: A Tribal Chief is required for this code. Drag your chief to the food. He will either create magic food or refuse. If he refuses, do the following. Go to "Menu", then "Options". Set the time to paused. Press Stop then go to "Settings", then "General", then "Date And Time", then "Set Date And Time". Select the current date and advance it by one day. Return to the game and unpause the time. Drag your Tribal Chief back to the food. He will now create more magic food. Repeat this as many times as desired.