WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 (Xbox 360)
Easy "GM Of The Year" achievement
Start 24/7 mode as GM of any show. After you have decided which show you want use, draft a new roster. Choose any four superstars and sign them to one year contracts (preferably with high popularity as it will be easier). After you see the intermission sequence, got to the options and turn off superstar morale and injuries. Also, set the match card to re-run. Do a website interview with each of your superstars and build their popularity to 100. Once you have done this, keep making fatal 4 way matches, interview the two superstars involved in the matches, then just simulate. Repeat this process every week and maintain your superstars' popularity until you 100% completion. If done properly, it should only require thirty minutes.
Select "Cheat" at the "Options" menu and enter one of the following case-sensitive codes on the virtual keyboard to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: Some European and Australian versions of the game do not have the "Cheat" option.
HHH's and HBK's DX costumes
Enter DXCostume69K2 as a code.
Kelly Kelly's bonus costume
Enter KellyKG12R as a code.
, , and
, , and
- Legend 1: Sgt. Slaughter
- Legend 2: Jim Neidhart
- Superstar 1: Kurt Angle
- Superstar 2: Chris jericho
- Superstar 3: Booker T
- Superstar 4: Big Show
- Superstar 5: Lance Cade
- Superstar 6: Trevor Murdoch
- Superstar 7: Hardcore Holly
- Superstar 8: Joey Mercury
- Superstar 9: Tazz
- Superstar 10: RVD
- Superstar 11: Sting
- Superstar 12: Dusty Rhodes
- Superstar 13: Boogeyman
- Superstar 14: Paul London
- Superstar 15: Brian Kendrick
- Moveset 1 High Tech: Paul London
- Moveset 2 High Show: Brian Kendrick
- Moveset 3 Sub Tech: Charlie Haas
- Moveset 4 Tech High: Shelton Benjamin
- Moveset 5 Show Braw: Eugene
- Moveset 6 Show Pow: Val Venis
- Moveset 7 Braw High: Rob Van Dam
- Moveset 8 Pow Show: Big Show
- Moveset 9 Pow Hard: Test
- Moveset 10 Braw Hard: Hardcore Holly
- Moveset 11 Tech Sub: Tazz
- Moveset 12 Sub Tech: Kurt Angle
- Moveset 13 Dirt Show: Christian Cage
- Moveset 14 Pow Hard: Rhino
- Moveset 15 Hard Pow: Brother Ray
- Moveset 16 Hard Braw: Brother Devon
- Moveset 17 Braw Show: Kip James
- Moveset 18 Pow Tech: BG James
- Moveset 19 Sub Braw: Samoa Joe
- Moveset 20 High Tech: AJ Styles
- Moveset 21 High Tech: Christopher Daniels
- Moveset 22 Braw Show: Tajiri
- Moveset 23 Pow Tech: Brock Lesnar
- Moveset 24 Pow Braw: Goldberg
- Moveset 25 Pow Show: Sting
- Moveset 26 Show High: X-Pac
- Moveset 27 Braw Show: Jimmy Snuka
- Moveset 28 Show Braw: Dusty Rhodes
- Moveset 29 Pow Braw: Ultimate Warrior
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding item or superstar for purchase at the store for the listed price.
- Bret Hart: Defeat Bret Hart in Hall Of Fame Direct Challenge mode as Shawn Michaels ($210,000).
- Hardcore Championship: Become a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
- HBK DX Entrance: Buy the DX outfits ($30,000).
- HBK DX Outfit: Already available for purchase ($60,000).
- HHH DX Entrance: Buy the DX outfits ($30,000).
- HHH DX Outfit: Already available for purchase ($60,000).
- JBL: Already available for purchase ($110,000).
- Mick Foley: Defeat Mick Foley in Hall Of Fame Direct Challenge mode as The Undertaker ($210,000).
- Million Dollar Championship: Become a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
- Move Set 1: Already available for purchase ($15,000).
- Move Set 2: Already available for purchase ($15,000).
- Move Set 3: Already available for purchase ($15,000).
- Preset Move Set: Buy all move sets ($15,000).
- Rick Rude: Already available for purchase ($210,000).
- Roddy Piper: Already available for purchase ($210,000).
- Sabu: Already available for purchase ($210,000).
- Shane McMahon: Already available for purchase ($60,000).
- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin: Defeat Stone Cold in the Hall Of Fame Challenge mode as Bret Hart ($210,000).
- Terry Funk: Defeat Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, and Sandman in an ECW Extreme Rules 4-way match under the "Legend" difficulty setting ($210,000).
- The Rock: Defeat The Rock as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin under the "Legend" difficulty setting ($210,000 ).
- Vince McMahon (Bald): Buy the original Vince McMahon ($60,000).
- Vince McMahon: Defeat a champion or retain a title ($110,000).
- WCW Classic Championship: Become be a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
- WWF Attitude Era Championship: Become be a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
Get the indicated number of Hall Of Fame mode points to unlock the corresponding arena.
- December to Dismember: 8 points.
- ECW One Night Stand: 7 points.
- Great American Bash: 10 points.
- New Year's Revolution: 9 points.
- No Way Out: 5 points.
- Summerslam: 11 points.
- Vengeance: 6 points.
- Wrestlemania 23: 12 points.
Shawn Micheals: Old entrance
Go to "Create An Entrance". Select Shawn Michaels and choose "Advanced Creation". Go to ring and choose "Fireworks". Select "Ring Firework 1" or "Ring Firework 2". Make sure you have timed it correctly when he does his pose. Note: For "Intro", "Stage", "Ramp (also timed correctly when he does his pose), "Ring In", and "Ring" select Shawn's templates for the lighting.
24/7 mode: Easy wins
Use either a created wrestler or an original superstar. Make sure you have two controllers. Select your match in 24/7 mode and choose your opponent. Do not select your wrestler. When the match starts, if it is just normal rules grab a weapon and hit your wrestler for the DQ, or you can simply get counted out. This results in an easy victory for the character you selected. In a Fatal 4 Way match, put both players one and two on any two goons. Focus on the single CPU wrestler and help your character to an easy win. This will work under any difficulty setting. Basically switch the CPU opponent to your control and cause him to lose.
24/7 mode: Fast start to a good paycheck and skill points
When you first start 24/7 mode you are given four exhibition bouts. Your salary is $2,000 a week during that time. After completing these exhibitions you will get a set salary. This salary is based on your popularity. Do not waste your time training. You have four days before each bout. Spend $1,500 on three trophy dates and one day signing autographs a week. Watch your fatigue level. Pace yourself so you do not go past your last two strikes or you will get injured. If you get injured it is no big deal. It is always a minor injury for four weeks. Your early matches are very easy. Once done you will get $16,000 a week. Whether you win or lose your bout does not matter. Use that money to buy skill kits. The basic kit is $30,000 and premium kit is $110,000. Get the basic kit first. Your salary does not change once under contract until it expires again. Note: a $1 million dollar contract is only $20,000 a week.
GM mode: Easy ratings
Create a superstar. Duplicate him thirty times. Start GM mode. Turn off every superstar and only leave on the created superstar. The other two brands will be left with the CAW at 20 popularity. Turn on the superstars again in available draft the next week. When they become available, sign them. You will win the ratings easily.
Send your superstars on trophy dates until their popularity reaches 100. Once it does it usually stays there and will only come down a point or two. When all your superstars are at 100 you can just maintain the ones at 99, 98, etc. This will give you easy four star match ratings. Have as many rivalries as you can, and a few weeks in you will get five star match ratings.
GM mode: Maximum fans
Use the high ratings trick along with replacing the roster with CAWS. Within three months you should have 10 million fans with the other two shows at 0 fans.
GM mode: Easy money
Run advertisement promos each week, along with your superstars being at 100 popularity. Once you have won over 10 million fans, you should make over $1 million per show.
GM mode: Easy General Manager Of The Year
In GM mode, when trying to become the General Manager Of The Year, follow the 30 CAW creation and drafting method, but only use 25. Before Wrestlemania, fire all of you superstars. The best superstars will be stolen by the opposing shows. Then turn them off from being drafted and have nothing but three CAWs on your roster (the other two are insurance in case you do not get it the second year either). After Wrestlemania, switch your high level popularity characters back to "on" in the roster section and rehire them. Chances are you would have had to renew the contracts soon anyway. For example, buy only six superstars (Edge, John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, and Shawn Michaels), however buy a full year's contract. Skip to the two weeks before Wrestlemania. Set up the CAWs, turning those characters off, because by that point two to four of them will have 100 popularity, which can make your ratings plummet after the event.
GM mode: Get the Triple Threat Tag Team match to be a title match
This trick will only work if the Tag Team championship is vacant and you are playing RAW or SmackDown!. Do this if you want to make the Hardcore Triple Threat tag team match into a title match. When you are at the GM desk, select the CPU and go into "Options". Then, select "Play Options" and turn "Title" off. Doing this will allow you to strip any champion of their belt or belts, therefore making the title vacant and you can choose a new holder. Strip the Tag Team champions of their belts. Then, put them in the Hardcore Triple Threat Tag match against any other two teams of your choice and make it for the Tag Team Championship. Next, go back and put the belts back on the superstars you just stripped the belts from and turn "Title" back on. The match will now be a Tag Team match and the champions will actually be entering with their belts on.
Hall Of Fame mode: Easy Royal Rumble wins
Use the following trick to complete the Hall Of Fame mode task where you must complete a Royal Rumble under the Legendary difficulty entering at number 1. At the main menu, enter the "Options" menu. Select "Gameplay Settings", then "Custom A.I." settings. Scroll until you get to frequency of COM's usage. There will be a few bars. Set them all down to the lowest possible so that your opponent cannot reverse attacks. Play a Royal Rumble and put your entry to number 1. When you start the match, you can easily throw your opponent out, but you must do it before the number 3 entrant comes out. The trick is to wait facing the ramp just outside the third rope's shadow. When the superstars come out, just wait until they have gotten up and then just Irish Whip them over the ropes. Keep repeating this until you have won the Royal Rumble.
Hall Of Fame mode: Easy wins
Set your difficulty to "Legend" and set your custom AI settings so the CPU never reverses strikes, grapples, etc. When you do Hall Of Fame mode it will still be easy to defeat the CPU.
King Of The Ring: Easy win
On the Road to the WWE Hall of Fame challenge for May 25, 2006 you are instructed to do the following. Using any superstar, win the King Of The Ring tournament in Tournament mode under the Legend difficulty setting. These matches, even the first round, can be quite difficult for players. To do this easily, when you go to the screen before you play your match there are four options: "Play", "Simulate", "Match Rules", and "Select Arena". Go to "Match Rules" and turn off DQ. You now can use weapons and will not be disqualified, making the tournament a lot easier.
eint e, pcle rgsc, w pme, vyih
Money In The Bank: Easy wins
Take both ladders to entrance ramp all the way to the place where the superstars enter. Wait for the other superstars to go to you. Once they get there, hit them all with a ladder. Run back with one ladder and get the briefcase. Note: Superstars only walk; they do not run. This trick also works in a Ladder match.
Get both ladders. Set one up under the briefcase/title. Set the other one up diagonally. Run up the ladder that is set up diagonally while holding the Left and Right Analog-sticks. If done correctly, your superstar will grab the briefcase/title and both the ladders will fall.
Put one of the ladders up by the entrance. Some of the wrestlers will keep leaving the ring to get the ladder, keeping their numbers towards your favor.
Royal Rumble: Easy wins
You can do this trick in any Royal Rumble and is especially useful when trying to complete the Royal Rumble challenge in Hall of Fame mode, and getting the "That's one for the record books" achievement
Xbox 360 . Set the difficulty on Legend and start the Royal Rumble match as the #1 entrant as The Great Khali. When the match starts, Strong Irish Whip the #2 entrant over any top rope. Once they are over the top rope and are on the apron, start striking them nonstop and relentlessly. When the #3 entrant is four seconds away from entering the Royal Rumble (check the timer on the left side of the screen), stop striking the #2 entrant and grab them. If done correctly, the #2 entrant's meter should be halfway or more gone, making him easy pickings when you grab them. Do this to entrant after entrant to ensure victory in the Royal Rumble.
Easy $1,000,000 Contract
When you start WWE 24/7 mode, go on trophy dates as much as possible. This is the quickest and easiest way to earn popularity. Your salary is based on how popular you are. Get your popularity at 100 (or close to it) when your contract expires. The next week you will get your salary notification. Teddy Long or Coach will tell you that you now have a $1 million salary ($20,000 per week).
The easiest way to get popularity is to go on trophy dates. You will increase 5% on each date (about 30% per week).
Choose a superstar that is overall better than 90 in attributes (your choice). Start 24/7 mode and simulate the entire year by going all the way to March on the calendar. Select the "Wrestlemania" icon. You will be asked if you want to simulate everything until this point. Accept it and answer "Yes".
Select a superstar that has high popularity and attribute points (for example, HHH or Cena). Start 24/7 Season mode under the Legend difficulty setting. When you get to the locker room, select the calendar and go down until Wrestlemania. Choose "Yes I would like to simulate the days" and wait. This will take some time. Participate in your Wrestlemania match and look at your money. It should be in the high thousands, if not millions. Do this two or three times and you will have enough money for everything you need from the shop.
Use any dirty superstar. Store your fighting style icon and use the dirty special move. When your oppenent turns around, press the Right Analog-stick Right to roll him up and grab his tights for the win.
Unlocking Vince McMahon easily
Choose to play as a GM in 24/7 mode. Choose a pre-set roster, and set your champions. Go forward a couple of weeks into the calendar, and simulate matches up until that date. Renew the contracts of a few of your superstars. Go to the calendar, select a date just before the contracts expire, and choose to simulate up until this point. You will have made enough to renew the contracts again. Repeat the same procedure until you get to WrestleMania. You should get there with a couple of decent superstars to compete in a championship match. Put the championship on the line, and fight the match to unlock Vince McMahon.
Do not train to increase your skill level on a CAW until you purchase the premium ability kits. If you do, it will be a waste of time because the skill levels will be set to the defaults. Train only after you have bought it to bring it from the 80s to the 90s and 100s.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox
Live Gamerscore points.
eint e, pcle rgsc, w pme, vyih
- That's Gonna Leave A Mark (20 points): Powerbomb an opponent on top of a steel step in any match type.
- Possession is 9/10 Of The Law (20 points): Steal your opponent's taunt 3 times in any One on One match.
- Put'em In A Body Bag (20 points): Turn your opponent's entire limb damage meter red in any match type.
- I'd Like To Thank The Academy (20 points): Defeat a Powerhouse Superstar with the Possum Pin in any match type.
- You've Got A Bit Of Red On You (20 points): Get busted open by your opponent on legend difficulty in any match type and win.
- Who Says Originality Is Dead (20 points): Create an original CAS, ring entrance and created Championship.
- King Of The Mountain (20 points): Place first in every type of tournament in Tournament mode.
- If It Bleeds... (20 points): Bloody every ECW Superstar on the roster.
- Submission-Sensei (50 points): Win a Normal Submission match without having your Struggle Submission hold broken once.
- Stop Yapping And Fight (20 points): Argue with the referee 4 times in a match and win.
- That's One For The Record Books (20 points): Eliminate 20 opponents in a 30-Man Royal Rumble.
- Now That's Hardcore (20 points): Bloody and defeat a Hardcore Superstar on legend difficulty in an ECW Extreme Rules match and win.
- The Best There Was... (20 points): Win a 20-minute Ironman match on legend difficulty without surrendering a point to your opponent.
- A Fighting Champion (75 points): In ranked online matches, defend a CAC title 5 times against 5 different players within 24 hours.
- Gold Digger (70 points): Win a Created Championship 10 times in ranked online matches.
- On Fire (75 points): Win 30 consecutive ranked online matches.
Additionally there are ten secret achievements.
- Escape Artist (20 points): Wiggle free from every Ultimate Control Grapple at least once.
- What The... (10 points): Preview the Mexican Stretch Turnbuckle move in Create a Moveset.
- You've Got Guts (20 points): Complete a ranked online title match.
- Send'em Back To Louisville (10 points): Lose to an opponent who has more limb damage than you.
- Now Offering Non-Stop Flights (20 points): Stand on a ladder and suplex your opponent out of the ring in a ladder match.
- Rope A Dope (20 points): Perform a succesful springboard attack off each side of the ropes.
- This Year's Inductee (350 points): Play as a GM in 24/7 Mode and obtain the GM of the Year Award.
- On The Job (10 points): Lose 5 consecutive ranked online matches.
- Better Luck Next Year (10 points): Be the first Superstar eliminated in a 30-Man Royal Rumble.
- This Is Coming Out Of Your Check (20 points): Break 15 tables and 10 chairs in a TLC match.
When playing as the Undertaker, Kane will appear in the ring during an intermission sequence on RAW. All of his mannerisms will be just like the Undertaker's, and in other scenes even the lights will be like the Undertaker's. Finally, when you go to the WWE Magazine option, it will talk about how the Undertaker is not willing to back down from the Undertaker, and it will continually refer to yourself as fighting yourself.
Enter the crowd
You must be a high flyer and have the Superstar Press Pin. Get your opponent against the barricade, then grapple him. If done correctly, you should throw him into the crowd. They will come back slowly. Immediately after the throw, get to the top turnbuckle and do the diving attack Superstar Press Pin. If done correctly, you should be in the crowd.
Grab a ladder and put it in the ring. Set it up on the turnbuckle so that it lays across it. Grab your opponent and throw them into it. Run after them and tap A while they are bouncing on it. Your wrestler will remove the ladder, leaving your opponent looking as if they are still on it. Hit them with the ladder to complete the glitch. If you do not hit them with the ladder, they can get out of it. After you hit them with the ladder the only way it can be undone is if someone grabs them. This move also works on Xbox Live also, and is perfect for Ladder matches.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs