Power on the Wii, then hold Minus + Plus at the safety screen. WiiConnect24 is disabled in this mode.
192 piece puzzle
Hold 1 at the puzzle piece selection screen to reveal a hidden 192 piece puzzle option.
Wii Shop fireballs
Download a game in the Shop channel. When Mario or Luigi appear and are wearing the Fire Flower costume, press B.
Moving Wii Channels around
Hold A + B when you move the Wii Pointer
over a Wii Channel to move it to the left, right, or the bottom.
Note: You cannot move the channel that you are playing games on.
Photo Channel hints
- Enter the photo viewer menu. Use the Wiimote to select the cat that appears on the top title bar before it runs away. He will tell you hints about the system.
- If you do a mood change to a movie file, the sound also changes.
- Press D-pad Down and select the eraser while doodling. This will undo some of your changes.
- Press Plus or Minus during a slide show to adjust the volume. You have more volume options with MP3 files than you do with the default music.
- When you have a lot of photos on your SD Card, you can press D-pad Up or Down to scroll through them.
- If you hold some buttons down, you might be able to scroll faster.
- To easily create composite photos first use the scissors to cut a piece out of one photo. Then just move to the photo you want to paste that piece onto.
- The scissors in Doodle can do more than just cut. Press 1 while you cut or after you have cut.
- Aim the pointer at a photo and press D-pad Up or Down. Something will happen around the pointer.
- To easily move from a close-up of one photo to a close-up of the next, press D-pad Left or Right.
- With a picture selected, press D-pad Up or Down and a censor-like blur will appear over the picture. It either gets smaller as you move the Wiimote farther back or larger as you move it closer to the screen.
Photo Channel: Increasing or decreasing the size of tools in Doodle mode
By moving your Wiimote closer to the sensor, you can increase the size of whatever tool you are using. For example, you can triple the size of your blue pencil. You can decrease the size by moving the Wiimote farther away from the sensor.
Photo Channel: Cat
- Use the Wiimote to select the cat that appears in the Photo Channel and press A + B to get hints about the News Channel.
aronm siauart, i
- Select a picture and go into "Fun!" at the top of the screen. After a short time you should see a cat. Catch the cat by pointing the Wiimote over it and pressing A. After catching the cat, it will tell you various hints about the "Fun!" option.
- After you grab the cat on the Photo channel, the next time you try to get him he will run away. You must sneak to get him.
Forecast Channel and News Channel: Cat
Select the cat when loading the Forecast and News Channels
for hints about that channel.
Mii channel: Blue pants
This is easy if you know somebody with a Wii. Transfer one of their Miis onto your Wiimote. Then, go to your Wii and transfer them on the Mii channel and they will have the blue pants.
Weather Channel: Turn globe
Hold A to grab the Earth. Then, move the Wiimote to the left or right while still pointing at the screen. Release A when you move the globe and you will spin it.
Shop Channel: Fireballs
When you buy something in the Wii Shop Channel, Mario should appear. Press B and he should shoot a fireball.
Go to the News or Forecast Channel. Go to the globe.
View the Earth as far back as you can and go to Asia with The
Philippines almost in the middle. Have a lot in the east but so
you can still see some blue. Look to the right of the world and
you will see the Orion constellation.
Note: You must have an Internet connection.(wireless,
LAN, USB adapter, etc). Test the Internet connection or go to
"Wii System Update" at the Wii options menu. You will
be able to enhance your Wii's capabilities and allow it to use
the other channels on the Home menu.
Determining Wiimote battery life
Press Home to show your Wiimote's battery life.
When the battery life is at one bar, the light on your Wiimote
will grow dim. Another way to check your battery life is to turn
on your Wiimote. The number of lights flashing represents your