Ratchet And Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction
Zordoom Prison skin
Press Square, Circle, Square, Circle, Up(2), Triangle, Down, Up to unlock the Zordoom Prison skin for Ratchet.
Successfully complete the game to unlock Challenge
mode. This mode allows weapons to be upgraded to level 10, but
with more difficult enemies. Additionally, you can buy the Golden
Groovitron in Challenge mode for 2 million Raritanium.
psrgys etra ymar
Obtain all Holo-plans.
Play in challenge mode and fully upgrade your RYNO IV. You can then purchase the RNYO 4Ever from a weapons merchant for 50 million bolts.
- Chorus Line: Make eleven enemies dance together.
- Promoted to Inspector: Get every gadget.
- Cheapskate: Purchase a single Combuster shot.
- Disco Inferno: Use the Groovitron followed by the Pyro Blaster.
- Golden Children: Get all Gold Bolts.
- Bolts in the Bank: Sell 20 Leviathan Souls to the Smuggler.
- Happy Feat: Get nine penguins dancing on screen.
- It's Like The South Pole Here: Turn at least fifteen enemies or citizens into penguins at one time.
- No, Up Your Arsenal: Upgrade every weapon to the maximum.
- Roflcopter: Turn enemies into penguins then use the Visicopter to destroy the penguins.
- Everybody Dance Now: Make every type of enemy in the game dance (not including Bosses).
- Say Hello To My Little Friend: Kill a group of enemies with one RYNO shot.
- For The Hoard: Get every combat device.
- Promoted To Inspector: Get every gadget.
- Global Thermonuclear War: Get every weapon.
- Its Even Better The Second Time: Complete Challenge mode.
- The Hardest Core: Get all skill points and everything else in the game.
- Apogee Space Station
- Alphabet City: Teleport to each of the six asteroids in alphabetical order.
- Dancin' with the Stars: Make five enemies dance at once on an asteroid (Upper part of Beta).
- Knock You Down to Size: Wrench slam five Cerullean Centipedes.
- Expert Marksman: Kill the vast majority of all the enemies.
- Can't Touch This: Avoid making contact with anything before fighting the Boss.
- Pyew Pyew!: Complete the level without secondary fire.
- Cragmite Ruins
- Gotta Catch Them All: Hit all Cragmite soldiers with the magnet launcher.
- Imperial Fight Festival
- I Think Im Going To Be Sick: Ride the Ferris Wheel multiple times without taking damage.
- Fast and Fire-ious: Use the charge boots to cross the bridge to the arena without being burned.
- One Heckuva Peep Hole: Return After receiving the Geo Laser and complete the Geo Laser setup.
- Dead Aim: Destroy several destructible towers while on the pirate barge.
- Fire With Fire: Kill a few Kerchu Pyrogaurds with a red-hot weapon.
- Planet Cobalia
- Smashing Good Time: Destroy all crates and consumer robots on port and gel factory.
- I Should Have Gone Down in a Barrel: Jump into each of the two Gelatonium waterfalls in the Cobalia Gelatonium plant.
- Giant Hunter: Kill all Basilisk Leviathans in the Cobalia wilderness.
- Lombaxes Don't Like Cold: Break all the breakable icicles.
- Mow Down Hoedown: Use turrets to destroy multiple dancing pirates.
- Saucy Wrench: Destroy all camp fire cauldrons with a specific weapon.
- Stay Still So I Can Shoot You!: Use Strafe Flip multiple times while fighting Cragmite soldiers.
- Now Boarding...: Complete the Gyro Cycle in 0:55 seconds.
- Low Flying Owls: Fly underneath an electrified barrier in the robo wing segment.
- Planet Mukow
- One Heckuva Peephole: Use the Geo-Laser to blast through the wall. Follow the path you took to get to the arena the first time. Eventually Clank will begin to sense the laser area.
- Planet Ardolis
- Preemptive Strike: Destroy five of the Thwogs while they are sleeping.
- Rakar Star Cluster
- You Sunk My Battleship!: Shoot down a large percentage of the flying ships.
- I've Got Places to Be: Destroy Iron Crotch Caruso in under 2:30.
- Pretty Lights: destroy any Snatchers.
- Return To Fastoon
- Nowhere To Hide: Destroy every piece of breakable cover.
- Rykan V
- Untouchable: Do not take damage in the Gyro-Cycle.
- The Consumer is Not (Always) Right: Destroy eighteen consumer robots.
- Live Strong: Complete the Gyro-Cycle in 1:45.
- Planet Sargasso
- It Sounded Like a Freight Train: Get eleven Anthropods in one tornado.
- Extinction: Kill all the Sargasso Grunthors (Leviathans).
- Head Examiner: Land on all of the Troglosaur heads.
- Seared Ahi: Use the Pyro Blaster on three Drophyds after freeing them from their robotic suits.
- Dancing on the Ceiling: Successfully use the Groovitron on a Gravity Ramp.
- Planet Jasindu
- Fire With Fire: Kill two Kerchu Pyroguards with the Pyro Blaster.
- Pirate Base
- Taste O' Yer Own Medicine: Destroy all Corsairs with the Combuster.
- Preemptive Strike: Destroy five Thwogs while they are still sleeping.
- It's Mutanty Captain: Change five Pirates into Penguins in one shot.
- Stratus City
- We Don't Need No Stinkin' Bridges!: Cross the Tripad sequence.
- Wrench Ninja 3: Use only the Omniwrench to get through the level to the robo wings section.
- Surface-to-Air Plasma Beasts: Take out several flying targets using a specific weapon.
- Been Around: Take off from every Robo-Wing Pad in Stratus City.
- Ublik Passage
- Six Gun Salute: Get six pirates in a row to salute Ratchet while wearing the Holo-Pirate disguise.
- Verdigris Black Hole
- Can't Touch This: Do not take damage before fighting Greasepalms McGee.
- Voron Asteroid Belt
- Minesweeper: Clear out ten to fifteen mines.
- Whats that, R2?: Barrel roll ten times.
Holo-plans can be found at the following locations.
- Iris: Reach the second ship that you had to use the hand-over-hand move across to get to. Kill the pirates on the ship and go inside. As you are exiting the ship on the gravitational walkway, jump off to the left of the walkway onto the ground. Use your Swingshot to get across the gap. On the other side, break all the boxes and get the Holo-plan.
- Kortog (Stratus City): Get your Robo Wings and follow the Zoni rings. Launch the Robo Wings again. Fly to the middle of the map. Press Select and look for a diamond shape with four circles as the corners. Land here. There will be two ways to go, either will work. Work your way through the enemies to the northern-most corner. Break these boxes and you will have the holo-plan for this planet.
- Mukow: Get all the statue pieces and go through the tunnel of death thing. Take the Ferris wheel up the right side. About halfway up, jump and glide to the right. You will reach an area with a number of crates. A Holo-plan is hidden within them.
- Nundac Asteroid Ring: Go to one of the farthest outer asteroids on Delta directly beside a box by one of the green launch pads. It is the one further away from the teleporter. You must swing your way over there across two gaps.
- Androlis: Before taking the elevator to the warp pad back to your ship there is a door to the right. Use a heli-pod on it and go to the right. There will a chest of Raritanium and crates. Smash the crates to find the Holo-plan.
- Rykan V: Go to the "town" area where your ship and all the sales-bots are located. At one edge of the area is a river of lava flowing out from under some big structures. Jump up and cross the river. Do a hand-over-hand on the first ledge of the cylindrical structure on the furthest corner of the "town" away from the ship. Then, jump up when you have to and walk the rest of the way across. In the farthest corner of the platform is a "box" with a force field on one edge and a platform with a Helipod target on it. Jump into the box from the platform to the left of it. Use your Helipod to raise it high enough to get to the platform next to it. Break boxes there to find the Holo-plan.
- Sargasso: Climb onto the dinosaur standing on two of the tri-pads near the Gold Bolt. Once you get about halfway up his spine, jump to the building. Another option is to use the Robo-Wings to get there.
- Kreeli Comet: When you use the magnetic track to get past the pirate cannons, jump out and glide down to the land below. You will be directly outside a pirate doorkeeper. Behind you is a swingshot target. Swing across to get to the Holo-plan piece.
- Viceron: After finally exiting Zordoom Prison, you will be on a grav-ramp. The path to the left leads back to your ship, but to the right is a very short detour with a Holo-plan piece. When you revisit the planet, you can take a taxi back to the end of the level, then hop off the taxi. The piece is on the platform before you take the taxi back to your ship. Instead of heading towards the taxi, turn around. The Holo-plan is in a set of boxes directly opposite the taxi. Note: The taxi is on the left, the Holo-plan is on the right.
- Jacindu (Kurchu City): Take the aboveground path from where you land. Kill the little bug eyed enemies until you get to some Pirates in an open area before you go under a bridge. As you approach the open area from the path, stop between the two rocks where the first pirate is found. Kill him before you just stand there. Look directly to your right. There is a ledge about a double jump high in the face of the rock of the right wall of the open area. Up there is a Raritanium chest with the Holo-plan piece inside.
- Ublik (Slag's Fleet): After you take the first ship across, fight your way to an area with a Bolt Crank. To your right is a magna-path that will take you around behind the building. You will find some Raritanium chests, etc., and a path that leads to a ship. Do not follow the path yet. Smash things up and run around until you find the Holo-plan.
- Reepor: There are two gun-control turrets that your robot friends use to take out the force field. There is a platform in front of the control room to your right that you must jump across open space to reach. You can see it easily because it has a cluster of eight crates on it. Smash them and take the Holo-plan.
- Igliak (Meridian): There is a big domed room about midway through the level with a trench in the middle. You can fall through the city if you fall in it. In the right-hand corner from where you enter, before the trench and up on a ledge is a group of boxes. It contains the Holo-plan.
- Fastoon (return visit): If you do not want to fight Tachyon, you must do this before Ratchet and Talwyn open the final chamber. When you use the Decrypter to get into the area outside the final showdown, keep to the right wall. Smash crates and other objects as you go. It is very easy to find if you stay along that wall.
Extras and concept art
Collect the indicated amount of skill points to unlock the corresponding item.
- 2006 GDC Trailer: 150 skill points.
- 2007 E3 Trailer: 25 skill points.
- Big Head Enemies: 100 skill points.
- Big Head Mode (Ratchet only): 50 skill points.
- Character Concept Art: 75 skill points.
- Environment Concept Art: 250 skill points.
- James the Galactic Defender: 400 skill points.
- Levels are Mirrored: 500 skill points.
- Ratchet Drawing Tutorial: 350 skill points.
- Ratchet Paintings: 750skill points.
- Script to Screen: 600 skill points.
- Tools of Production: 200 skill points.
- Weapon Concept Art: 450 skill points.
- Wrench Replacement: 300 skill points.
- Use the following trick to get the Bolt Multiplier to 20X and earn lots of bolts. To do this, you must have completed the game at least once so that you are in Challenge mode. Go to the Battle Arena on Planet Mukow and choose the "They Were On Sale" fight (with the hundred bomb bots). Once the battle has starts, use a Mr. Zurkow then start throwing the Nano Bugs (small turrets that shoot bugs). After that, use any weapon to kill what does not die from the turrets. The Pyrocitor is recommended if it is level 6 or above. Do this three times and your Bolt Multiplier will be at 20x and you should have plenty of bolts.
- To get easy bolts and weapon upgrades in Challenge mode, go to the Imperial Fight Festival on Planet Mukow. When there, go to the area go to the place just before it and Swingshot to go to the fighting arena. Pick the weapon you want to upgrade and fight your way to the bridge to the arena. At the bridge, jump off. You will die and be brought back to the Swingshot area. If you do not get hit, you can get a 7x multiplier and about 2.5 million bolts on each trip
- Note: This trick will work on the most recent update of the game. Other tricks will not work because jumping off a cliff in Challenge mode will reset your bonus multiplier. To start, enter Challenge mode and play until you reach Planet Festoon. Go to the island that you need to use the Swingshot for, where the flight component is behind a locked door and there are many tiny vulture enemies around. Start by slaughtering all the enemies without getting hit to get a 6x to 7x multiplier and about six million bolts. Save the game, load it again, and repeat the process. Your bonus multiplier will be saved by doing a save and load. Each repetition should result in about another two stacks of multiplier. This is also a good way to level up weapons.
Every time you are low on health, go to a nearby vendor. Whether or not you buy anything, when you exit the vendor your health refills.
Climb any wall
You can climb just about any wall using the Razor Claws, or any version of them. Walk up to a wall. High jump (keep R2 held), then attack the wall with the claws and quickly jump again. Repeat this as many times as desired. If done correctly you should be climbing a wall that you are not supposed to be scaling.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs