Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Change ground color:
If you press Z enough times, the ground will
change colors. The colors will indicate the following:
Blue: Your property.
Red: Jamie's (your rival) property.
Yellow: A business (for example, Seed Shop, Blacksmith, Wood Shop)
Green: Property that is not owned and that you can buy.
Hint: Easy 10,000 Step Note:
Go into your house and set your character against a
wall. Keep the Analog-stick held so that your character
walks against that wall. If you are facing the top wall, set up
the Analog-stick so that it stays in the up position. This
will take some time, but you can get rid of the pedometer at the
beginning of the game.
Put your character in the bottom-left corner of your house (time
does not pass in the house). Then, use a rubber band around the
part of the controller where you would leave your left hand. Then,
just pull the rubber band over the control stick. This works better
with a smaller rubberband. This should make your character run
against the bottom-left wall, and leaves you free while you get
Hint: Easy 50 Finger Whistle Note:
Go into your house and press R(50). It does
not matter if your animal is near you or not.
Hint: Easy 30 Saves Note:
Go to your journal and save the game. Do not exit the
save menu; just keep choosing "Yes" to save repeatedly.
Hint: Easy Shipping Note:
Go to your shipping box and get a nearby log. Put the
log in the shipping box and you will get a note.
ant, raw, in ptbgiJokingJames2.
Hint: Happiness Notes:
You will get a note for the following events.
and Jess w.
- First Step Note. When you get the pedometer.
2. First Shipping Note. Ship your first item.
3. 10,000 Step Note. Get 10,000 steps on your pedometer.
4. Cooking Note. After cooking your first meal.
5. Island Note. First time you visit the island.
6. Rock Climber Note. First time scaling Mt. Moon.
7. Underground Lake Note. At the first underground level in Lake
8. Night Owl Note. Stay up until dawn (6 a.m.).
9. Rain Note. Work 10 hours non-stop in the rain.
10. Sun Note. Work 10 hours non-stop in the sun.
11. Stationary Note. Do not use the controller for awhile.
12. Lonley Wolf Note. Do not talk to anyone all day.
13. Whistle Note. Whistle 50 times.
14. Limitation Note. Have zero stamina and faint.
15. Hustle-and-Bustle Note. Meet 35 villagers.
16. Poor Note. Have 1G or less in the morning.
17. Lucky Note. Find more than 1,000G in coins (in ground).
18. High Spirit Note. Drink 10 sodas.
19. Birth of Life Note. Have one of your barn animals give birth.
20. Owner of Monther Earth Note. Own 10 or more divisions of land.
21. Snow Note. Work 10 hours non-stop in the snow.
22. Fodder Note. Cut the grass 20 times.
23. Brushing Note. Groom your livestock 20 times.
24. Egg Note. Ship 10 eggs.
25. Milking Note. Ship 10 jugs of milk.
26. Shearing Note. Ship 10 pieces of wool.
27. Dyeing Note. Ship a colored yarn ball.
28. Gem Note. Ship one gem of any kind.
29. Calling Animals Note. Ring the bell 20 times.
30. Cultivation Note. Till 1 squares of land.
31. Big Eater Note. Eat 50 meals.
32. Woodcutter Note. Cut down 20 trees or stumps.
33. Cloud Note. Work 10 hours on a cloudy day.
34. Garbage Can Note. Throw away garbage 20 times.
35. Weed Note. Pull 1 weeds.
36. Gardening Note. Have five flowers blooming at once.
37. Forest Note. Plant any tree.
38. Destruction Note. Crush 20 stones, rocks, stakes etc.
39. Diary Note. Save in the diary 30 times.
40. Cock-A-Doodle-Doo Note. Win the Chicken Festival.
41. Moo Note. Win the Cow Contest.
42. Baa Note. Win the Sheep Contest.
43. Horse Note. Win the Horse Race.
44. Bow-Wow Note. Have three hearts on your dog.
45. Oink-Oink Note. Ship a truffle.
46. Fire Prevention Note. Put out a bonfire.
47. Lost Child Note. Find Meryl and Tim in an event.
48. Mole-Whacking Note. Whack 10 moles.
49. Bluebird Note. Get the a blue feather.
50. Wedding Day Note. Get married.
51. Stork Note. Be pregnant or get your wife.
52. Baby is Born Note. Have a baby or have a baby with your wife.
53. You Can Walk Note. For your baby's first steps.
54. Spring Footsteps Note. Attend the New Years Festival.
55. Egg Dish Note. Attend the Egg Festival.
56. Spring Fragrance Note. Attend the Flower Festival.
57. Blue Sea, White Clouds Note. Win the Beach Festival Swimming
58. Boat Sailing Note. Attend the Star Festival.
59. Firefly Flower Note. Attend the Firefly Festival.
60. Fireworks Note. Attend the Fireworks Festival.
61. Moon Viewing Note. Attend the Moonlight Festival.
62. Harvest Note. Attend the Harvest Festival.
63. Pumpkin Note. Attend the Pumpkin Festival.
64. Flame Note. Attend the Fire Festival.
65. Popular Note. Get 5 or more cakes on the Thanksgiving Festival.
66. Starlight Note. Attend the Starry Night Festival.
67. New Year's Sunrise Note. See the first sunrise of the year.
68. Full Bloom Flowers Note. Ship every type of flower and herb.
69. Treasure Hoard Note. Ship every type of ore (including Limestone)
70. Animal Kingdom Note. Have 8 barn animals and 5 chickens.
71. Book Note. Read all the books in the library (change in Fall).
72. Super Chef Note. Unlock 1 or more recipes (purchase utensils).
73. Second House Note. Construct a second house.
74. Expert Angler Note. Catch every type of fish.
75. Master Angler Note. Catch 1 or more fish (any kind).
76. Rubber Boots Note. Catch 10 pieces of garbage.
77. Wild Note. When a wild animal with 4 hearts visits your house
78. Art Note. Get a picture and aging pot.
79. Very Rich Note. Have more than 100,000G.
80. Flower Girl Note. When Nina gives you a present.
81. Explosive Girl Note. When Ann gives you a present.
82. Apron Girl Note. When Ellen gives you a present.
83. Talented Girl Note. When Maria gives you a present.
84. Night Moon Girl Note. When Eve gives you a present.
85. Girl with Glasses Girl Note. When Gina gives you a present.
86. Princess Note. When Dia gives you a present.
87. WaitressNote. When Katie gives you a present.
88. Ponytail Note. When Gwen gives you a present.
89. Heartfelt Note. When Lyla gives you a present.
90. Cowboy Note. When Blue gives you a present.
91. Social Craftsman Note. When Joe gives you a present.
92. Cool Craftsman Note. When Kurt gives you a present.
93. Doctor Note. When Alex gives you a present.
94. Patissier Note. When Carl gives you a present.
95. Master Pick-Up Artist Note. When Dan gives you a present.
96. Fisherman Note. When Ray gives you a present.
97. Traveler Note. When Basil gives you a present.
98. Male Note. When Bob gives you a present.
99. Shy Guy Note. When Louis gives you a present.
100 . Meek Heart Note. After you collect 99 Happiness Notes.
Note: To receive 100 Notes you must be a girl. One of them is
the Birth Of Life Note, and you must be a girl to obtain it.
Collect the indicated number of notes to unlock the
5 Notes: Marimba
10 Notes: Timpani
15 Notes: Harp
20 Notes: Piano
25 Notes: Violin
30 Notes: Cello & Powerberry
35 Notes: Flute
40 Notes: Acoustic Guitar
45 Notes: Trumpet
50 Notes: H. Goddess Revived
99 Notes: Final Event
Complete the following tasks to unlock the corresponding
Atelier Saibara Clay Shop: Ship a load of Good Clay.
Blacksmith: Ship ores (Rare Ore recommended).
Café Callaway: Meet Carl and Eve, then wait one month.
Flower Bud Library: Wait until mid-spring in year one.
Hearty Lyla: Ship gift items such as Clay, Flowers, and Blue Berries.
Moonlight Café: Meet Duke, then wait until summer.
Paradise Orchard: Meet Roland and Dan then plant one grape tree.
Perch Inn: Meet Doug, then wait until summer.
Sanitarium: Ship 30 Herbs and get Alex to 1 heart or more.
Hint: Aging Pot:
Become friends with Saibara (2 or 3 hearts) and he
will ask you to go talk to the mayor. The mayor then teaches you
how to make Potato Gratin. After that, go back to Saibara's house
and he will give you the Aging Pot, which is used to make sodas.
Even though it seems like trash, the "Boot (right)"
is actually one of the "kings". If you catch the right
boot, it counts toward your chances of getting the Expert Angler
Purchase an egg from Blue Sky Ranch for 120G instead
of buying a chicken for 1200G. Just wait for the egg to hatch
and the chick to grow.
Diamonds are commonly found on Floor 50 of the Lake
Mine. Diamonds sell for 500G each.
Hint: Fishing pole:
Talk to Ray to get a new fishing pole.
The best time to find herbs is when it is raining.
Go to the mountains and pick them up. There are often more than
you can carry in one trip.
Jamasquid are only (and commonly) found in the Underground
Lake at Floor 100 of the Lake Mine. This is the only fish caught
in the Underground Lake. It is difficult to catch because of the
lake current and the fact that it swims in the opposite current
direction like a salmon. Jamasquid are one of the "kings"
and are very hard fighters. You could fight with them for 25 to
45 seconds. They sell for 1000G each.
Hint: Miracle Potion:
When you buy a new horse if you try to give it the
Miracle Potion immediately it will get confused and the potion
will not work, no matter how long you wait. You must wait until
it is grown-up. If it is older, It will have the green happy sign
when you give the Miracle Potion to it. Do not waste money when
it will not have any use at that time.
Your sheep gives you wool. It sells for 840 to 1200
G. The sheep can live without food for about one month. You can
save money by not feeding it.
Ship 30 Cabbages.
Hint: Level 3 Bag:
Become friends (at least two hearts) with Martha and
bring her wool.
Hint: Level 3 House:
Become friends (at least one heart) with Joe, Kurt,
Hint: Level 4 House:
Get Kurt, Woody, or Joe at five hearts or higher.
Hint: Level 5 House:
Get six hearts in total with Woody, Joe, and Kurt.
For example, you could have four hearts with Woody, one with Kurt,
and one with Joe. He will then sell you one for 80,000G and 180
Lumber; or you can remodel your house for 50,000G and 100 Lumber.
Hint: More land for sale:
Become friends (at least one heart) with the Mayor.
Hint: Dia and Gina:
Ship 30 herbs to have Dia and Gina appear in town.
Hint: Duke, Gwen, and Doug:
Attend the Spring Horse Race on Spring 17 to have them
appear in town.
Plant three fruit trees to have him appear in town.
Attend the Fireworks Festival on Summer 24 to have
him appear in town.
Place a flower in the blue shipping bin in the square
on Spring 22. Then, attend the Flower Festival the next day to
have her appear in town.
Go to a festival to have her appear in town.
Become friends with Ronald to have her appear in town.
Attend the Swimming/Ocean Festival on Summer 3 to have
her appear in town.
Nami the "Weather Girl" will not move into Flowerbud
Village, but she will appear around the square where Dan, Louis,
and several wild animals can be found. Note: You cannot marry
her this time.
Plant one fruit tree to have him appear in town.
Ship one good clay to have her appear in town.
Hint: Tai and Tim:
Ship one copper, silver, and gold ore from the mine
to have them appear in town.
To see your three closest friends, when you get married
they will be on your side of the lane. However, Theodore is the
pastor and will not be on either side. However, usually if you
are marrying one of the carpenter brothers (Kurt or Joe) as a
girl, Joe may appear on Kurt's side, and vice versa.
When you have about ten hearts and there is a festival
where you go with a date, you will go to a place where lovers
chat. You will talk, then you will kiss the man or woman of your
To get the Blue Feather (proposal item), you must have
at least 30 Musical Notes, get a level 3 home from Woody, and
get a double bed from Woody. You will get it from Mayor Theodore,
and will be able to marry the man or woman of your dreams.
Hint: Restore all stamina:
Make Toadstool Saute (Butter + Toadstool + Frying Pan)
and eat it. It will fully restore your stamina.
Hint: Easy money:
Make sure the only thing you have in your rucksack
is a hammer. Go to Moonlight Cave (near the doctor's office).
You will notice a hole in the ground somewhere. Go to it, and
a message will appear asking if you would like to go in. Select
"Yes". You will be at sub-level 2. You should see some
bluish crystals and some black stones. Hit all of the crystals
with X. If you find some gold, keep it. If you find some
rare ore or stones, keep them. Fill your rucksack, then go to
the stairs and exit the cave. Put all your finds into the Shipping
Box. This trick works better with Lake Cave and if you only take
rare ores and stones from there. Note: You will get low on energy
and must find a way to restore it.
Go up to the mountain every day and look for green medicine plants.
They are worth 100G each. The purple ones are worth only about
This trick requires a Pot and an Aging Pot. First, go to the Blue
Sky Ranch and buy an egg for 120G. Then, go home and use the Pot
with the egg to make a Boiled Egg. Then, use the Boiled Egg with
the Aging Pot to create a Deviled Egg. The Deviled Egg can be
sold for 250G, which is a 130G profit. Do this to five eggs to
get an extra 650G profit. The more money you spend on eggs, the
more of a profit you will get.
Go to where the Seed Shop is located and look around. There should
be some stakes that you can pick up and sell for 30G each.
Find Gold or Amethyst Ores in the cave by Jamie's Ranch. Then,
go to the place where the old man changes ores into accessories.
Talk to him, and like "Accessories". You will see two
pictures of a ring and a brooch. It will cost some money, but
select the "Ring". It will take two days for him to
make it out of the ore. Return and get it in two days, then put
it in your shipping bin. You will get 1,000G. The more expensive
the jewel, the more money you will get for the accessory.
In the Fall, go to the sign that reads "Harvest Goddess Spring".
However, instead of turning towards it, turn the other way. Look
for a blue flower called a Blue Mist Flower. Once you get it,
ship it and you will get 500G.
Hint: Blacksmith shop:
Ship ores (rare if possible) until the blacksmith shows
up. The hours of operation are 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.. It is closed
Wednesdays and holidays. It is occupied by Tai, Tim, and Bob .
You can craft jewelry and upgrade tools here.
Hint: Café Callaway:
The Café Callaway will open one month after
you meet Carl and Eve. The hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 6
p.m. It is closed Tuesdays and holidays. It is occupied by Carl
and Katie. Various sweets are sold here. The inhabitants are also
Befriend the dolphin. It will give you a ride to the
island. You will get the island note.
Hint: Lake Cave: Special areas:
Level 5: Moonstones in every crystal.
Level 10: There is no obvious way down from this floor. If you
hit level 10 and want to continue you must either climb back up
to level 1 and try again, or find the stairway.
Level 15: All crystals here contain amethysts.
Level 20: The popular stone in the aquamarine.
Level 25: Topaz fills the crystal on this level.
Level 30: You find sapphires everywhere.
Level 35: Emeralds are scattered throughout this level.
Level 40: Rubies.
Level 45: Limestone.
Level 50: Rare and expensive diamonds.
It opens in mid-spring of Year 1. The hours of operation
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. It is closed Mondays and holidays. It is occupied
by Maria. The library has various books for you to read and research.
Maria is a possible spouse.
Hint: Moonlight Mine: Special areas:
Level 2: Filled with good clay.
Level 22: Good floor to obtain amethysts.
level 44: Good chance to find rare ore.
Level 55: Good place to find amethysts.
Level 66: You can find many aquamarine gems here.
Level 77: Find diamonds without traveling to the lake cave.
Hint: Moonlight Mine: Energy:
Eat the Pontata Roots that you find while digging in
the Moonlight Mine to keep your energy up.
To unlock the Sanitarium, you must ship 30 herbs total
and have Alex at one heart. It is open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.,
but is closed on holidays. Its inhabitants are Gina and Dia. The
sanitorium sells nothing, but is needed for two of the potential
brides to move into town. You can visit it to woo Gina, and Dia
is very seldom found outside its walls.
Hint: Saving the Harvest Goddess:
As you slowly collect Magical Notes over time, the
Harvest Goddess Spring will become more vibrant (more animals,
flowers, lights etc.). Each time you collect 5 notes you will
get a new musical instrument or other reward. When you collect
50 notes, all these instruments will come together and make music
that wakes the Harvest Goddess.
Hint: Go down faster in the caves:
When you go in a cave, hold Z at all times when
you are running on top of the holes in the floor. This will decrease
the chance of being sent up and also will take you a floor lower
than it normally would. For example, if you are on floor 84 and
you step on a hole without holding Z, you may go to floor
90. However, if you hold Z, the same hole would take you
to floor 91.
Hint: Power Berries:
Power berries are received in the following ways.
Horse race: Get a horse to five or six hearts worth of affection
then enter it in the Spring or Fall horse race. Win that race
and you receive a Power Berry.
Beach festival: Win the swimming competition for the first time
and you are awarded with a Power Berry.
Pumpkin festival: Make sure you ship a pumpkin in the week before
the Pumpkin festival. On the day of festivities you receive a
Power Berry from the Mayor.
30 Notes: Obtain 30 Musical Notes and visit the Harvest Goddess
Spring to claim your reward. Make sure you have seen every event
for every five notes before as well, or you will need to keep
entering until you catch up.
Moonlight Mine: Reach the 100th floor of the Moonlight Mine to
receive a Power Berry from Tim.
Hold X while holding an upgraded tool (For example,
golden tool, goddess tool, etc.) to use its special technique.
For the golden tool, white rings will surround you. For the goddess
tool, the rings will surround you in addition to a bright flash.
Tools can be upgraded in the blacksmith shop.
The following people will be absent at one time or
another: Tim, Gwen, Katie, Carl, Basil, and Kolulu.
Hint: Better milk:
To get better milk, do not put the fodder in the bin;
feed it directly to them. Make sure that you milk your cows after
you talk, and brush them, for a higher chance of special milk.
Also, let them graze in the fields as often as possible.
If you are in the cave by Jamie's ranch, when you hit
the rocks and crystal things smoke comes out of them. The yellow
smoke makes you move faster. The orange smoke freezes you. Black
smoke gets in your eyes so that the area of light around you gets
smaller. Purple smoke confuses you (you may move in the opposite
direction). Pink smoke makes your stamina go up. White smoke disables
the effect of the other types of smoke.
When you are in the Moonlight Cave, you will most likely find
purple smoke in a crystal when you break it. The smoke makes you
dizzy and you will walk wrong. While the smoke is in effect, turn
the controller so that your right hand is at the top. Move the
joystick on the bottom as if the controller were turned the correct
way. It should fix the walking problem until the smoke is no longer
Hint: Good items:
In the Moon Cave on level 44 is gold, rare ore, amethyst
and moonstones. There are also lots of pink and yellow gasses.
Hint: Watering animals:
Do not accidentally water an animal. They will not
like it and get angry at you. You will also lose friendship.
Hint: Easy fencing:
Instead of wasting your own lumber trying to build
a fence, collect lumber from around the town that does not lie
on any properties. Some good places are along the entrances to
Moonlight beach and on the east side of town where the locked
gate is located.
Hint: Dyeing your yarn:
You can dye your yarn with a Dye Pot (purchased at
the Junk Shop). Note: You will first need a Yarn Maker and a sheep.
The following colors can be created:
Blue yarn: Blue Mist Flower (found in the mountain in the fall).
Pink yarn : Pink Cat Flower (found in the mountain in the summer).
Orange yarn : Orange Herb (found in the fall).
Red yarn : Red Herb (found in the mountain in the summer).
Green yarn : Green Herb.
Purple yarn : Purple Herb.
Put any of these by themselves with a ball of yarn in the Dye
Pot and you will get a dyed ball of yarn.
Hint: Prevent people from moving into town:
Become good friends with Theodore (three or more hearts)
and go to Woody. He will allow you to buy land that future stores
will be built upon. Buy it and the store owners can never open
up a store. Note: You cannot sell the land once you buy it.
Hint: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Nami, a guest character in Harvest Moon: Magical
Melody, is actually a wife in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful
Life. She plays the part of a weather girl in Harvest Moon:
Magical Melody and will appear at the Starry Night festival.
Glitch: Wrong description:
When you attend the Flame Festival and get the Flame
note, go to the "Notes" menu. When you scroll over to
the note, it will read "Obtained while at the Firefly Festival".
When you enter the Moonlight Inn for the first time,
Eve will ask where Terry is. Duke will say "Well, Ihaven't
seen him all day", with "Ihaven't" instead of "I
When you first start the game, one of the sprites will say "Jaime!",
with "Jamie" misspelled. This is seen as a boy or girl.
Published strategy guides
Action Replay codes
Copyright © 2006-2010
Al Amaloo. All rights reserved.